PDA

View Full Version : Bulgarian AK74 (Century Build)

90lxtc
01-29-2011, 11:42 PM
I got one of the ever Popular Century bulgy AK74's and Out of the box i noticed if i let the bolt go slowly it will stick open. (1/2 way)

Didn't think much of it till i took it shooting..bolt sticks half way open after firing. will not chamber another round unless i manually pull all the way back and let go. only shot 18 rounds due to being mad/embarrassed about my Bolt action AK.

Too it apart and from my best knowledge it looks like the Bolt carrier was not cut/drilled and tapped square. because i already have wear marks on the Left side of the Bolt Carrier. Also on the left side it looks like there is a Larger gap between the base of the piston and the BC.

Finally the BC doesn't ride center in the Tunnel (Ride/Rubbs on the left side)....So did i get a Goofed up Century Build? It looks like im gonna have to send it back.

Am i on the right track or is this normal?

bgummer
01-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Send it back to Century to have it made right. I bought a Century WASR-2 a few years ago that wouldn't feed a single round from the magazine. I took it back to the dealer who shipped it back to Century, they, in turn, corrected the problem and had it back to me about a month or so later. It then fed correctly. Oh, and welcome to the board.:cool1:

FunkyPertwee
01-30-2011, 01:15 AM
What is the bolt carrier rubbing against? Is it the top cover or the rear sight base and gas tube?

90lxtc
01-30-2011, 07:49 AM
What is the bolt carrier rubbing against? Is it the top cover or the rear sight base and gas tube?

I believe it to be rubbing against the rear sight base. because there is a nice shinny line down the side of the bolt carrier (left side) where it is rubbing.

Im gonna call the company i bought it from and see what they want to do..Fix or Replace..However if they choose to replace the entire rifle i dont want to pay the FFL transfer again. (40$)

90lxtc
01-30-2011, 07:51 AM
on a side note i shot the rifle at 25 yards and the paper proved that there is no keyholing....