PDA

View Full Version : Rush Breaking the Real Story on Egypt Now

matshock
01-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Short version: quantitative easing (federal money printing) drove up food prices worldwide and pushed poorer ME nations over the brink, including Egypt.

Zero caused this through direct, personal incompetence just as Jimmy Carter caused Iran to go radical through incompetence.

cciota
01-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Short version: quantitative easing (federal money printing) drove up food prices worldwide and pushed poorer ME nations over the brink, including Egypt.

Zero caused this through direct, personal incompetence just as Jimmy Carter caused Iran to go radical through incompetence.

Yeah and Rush is right when he says the media will blame it on politics not the real reason.

jeremiah johnson
01-31-2011, 12:42 PM
That sounds about right! This dazzling urbanite is fucking it for people worldwide.

mriddick
01-31-2011, 01:23 PM
So Rush has joined the blame America group or is it blame everything on obama? I thought the seeds of this was Condi's speech back 07? Rush had better get his story straight.

matshock
01-31-2011, 02:11 PM
So Rush has joined the blame America group or is it blame everything on obama? I thought the seeds of this was Condi's speech back 07? Rush had better get his story straight.

Sadly, I don't see them as separable.

The Iraq War II/ Bush II policy apparently did nothing to stabilize the ME.

Obama was elected by America, his incompetence pushed Egypt over the edge.

However, I would also note that the Islamic world cheered Obama into the Presidency and their ilk in America voted for him so I don’t see America as guiltier than anyone else.

It's a big shit sandwich...but who knows- maybe Egyptian nationalism will win out over Islamic fundamentalism; at this point that is the best possible outcome IMO. Long live the nation-state.

mriddick
01-31-2011, 02:27 PM
I think all the America is at fault sceneros leave out the effect of 30 years of oppressive rule, massive unemployment going back a decade or more and minorites getting fed up being pushed around by the majority. At some point all these countries will have to learn to live without our help, it's time we ween them off the tit so to say and better sooner then later IMO. I will agree Egyptian nationalism is very strong, and that hopefully will keep them from going down the fundimentalist route.

old Grump
01-31-2011, 02:36 PM
Bush's fault, nuff said

:dizzy:

mriddick
01-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Bush's fault, nuff said

You must watch MSNBC, they have actually said that....

old Grump
01-31-2011, 04:31 PM
Don't have cable so no I do not watch MSNBC but I have heard a lot of speeches by the jug eared pretender and read a lot of editorials. Add the comedy hour, (well 3 hours), of Sunday morning of 'Face the Nation', 'Meet the Press' and 'Fox News' and hear all of his apologists making excuses for him.

Kadmos
01-31-2011, 05:08 PM
Ridiculous.

Egypt has been under "emergency law" since 1967 with a president "elected" in a single candidate ballot. Up to 30,000 political prisoners are being held. Constitutional rights partly suspended for the whole time.

On top of that, the "world food crisis" started in 2008. Egypt actually has a fairly robust economy, but yes there is a problem with poverty..has been for..well the entire "modern era" really.

This doesn't have jack shit to do with us, Obama, or even our mideast policy.

It's because their people are sick or their inept and corrupt leadership, and tired of being told "free elections are coming, the state of emergency will soon be over" while more people get dragged off the streets.

O.S.O.K.
01-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Glenn Beck in on and dissecting the situation - asking the questions - why did this happen... what is really going on. What is not being reported in the national media.

Did you guys know that CNN was praising the muslim brotherhood? That the uprising in Egypt is about democracy? That al jazira is "doing a good job"?

Wow.

Warthogg
01-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Bush's fault, nuff said

At least half correct. Dubya Bush and Barry Obama get to share. In loathing and detesting Barry O let's not forget what a progressive piece of shit was Dubya Bush. Dubya also killed almost 6000 of the best America had to offer in a senseless war in Iraq. Really Bush is deserving of more than half credit - at least at this time - though Barry still has six years to match or surpass Dubya.

Wart

Oswald Bastable
01-31-2011, 07:29 PM
At least half correct. Dubya Bush and Barry Obama get to share. In loathing and detesting Barry O let's not forget what a progressive piece of shit was Dubya Bush. Dubya also killed almost 6000 of the best America had to offer in a senseless war in Iraq. Really Bush is deserving of more than half credit - at least at this time - though Barry still has six years to match or surpass Dubya.

Wart

If GW was such a progressive, explain John Bolton's recess appointment. Explain Alito and Roberts. Explain no (as in zero) new anti-gun laws in the eight years he was in office (and yes I know about the change to NICS, but whether that was truly anti-gun is up for debate).

HDR
01-31-2011, 07:33 PM
If GW was such a progressive, explain John Bolton's recess appointment. Explain Alito and Roberts. Explain no (as in zero) new anti-gun laws in the eight years he was in office (and yes I know about the change to NICS, but whether that was truly anti-gun is up for debate).

They are closet liberals, ask Wart. :lool:

Gunner1558
01-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Bush's fault, nuff said

Coincidence that both Crawford and Cairo start with the letter "C" ?

I think not...

Altarboy
01-31-2011, 10:49 PM
Coincidence that both Crawford and Cairo start with the letter "C" ?

I think not...

Hmm, and you know I've never seen them in the same place at the same time.