PDA

View Full Version : Image leaching

O.S.O.K.
07-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Well, since its been several years literally since I've read the forum rules, I decided to read them again to refresh my memory.

Seems I've been breaking one rule in particular without realizing it. Image leaching.

That is, linking to an image on say, a news site instead of one hosted on here or on my own image hosting site... I guess that's copyright infringement or something...? Regardless...

I guess I'll just link to the article from now on.

If you haven't read the rules in a while, you might want to take a quick scan through...

00RedZX-6R
07-27-2010, 01:55 PM
I never read them the first time, why would I read them now.

Krupski
07-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Well, since its been several years literally since I've read the forum rules, I decided to read them again to refresh my memory.

Seems I've been breaking one rule in particular without realizing it. Image leaching.

That is, linking to an image on say, a news site instead of one hosted on here or on my own image hosting site... I guess that's copyright infringement or something...? Regardless...

I guess I'll just link to the article from now on.

If you haven't read the rules in a while, you might want to take a quick scan through...

What I usually do if an image is "copyright" is place a credit beneath is like "Image courtesy of FOX news" or whatever.

If they don't like it all they need to do is tell me and I'll pull it down.

HDR
07-27-2010, 04:54 PM
What I usually do if an image is "copyright" is place a credit beneath is like "Image courtesy of FOX news" or whatever.

If they don't like it all they need to do is tell me and I'll pull it down.

Isn't Fox News a registered (protected) trademark? :D