1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
12 cups shredded medium-sized sweet potato
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Beat eggs, sour cream and brown sugar together in large mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in corn and chives.

Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir into egg mixture until blended. Fold in sweet potato.

Place butter in 13 x 9-inch baking dish and place in oven until butter melts and is sizzling. Immediately pour corn batter over hot butter. Return to oven and bake until pudding is crusty on top and cooked in center, about 40 minutes. Serve pudding either hot, warm, or at room temperature

12 servings unless my brother and I get there first.
Something for you southern types to identify with, you didn't know Yankees could eat this good did you?

It will be on the table tomorrow night for dessert, I hate to do it but I will make the sacrifice and let my usual peanut butter and jelly sandwich slide for a day.

old Grump
02-04-2011, 12:02 PM
BBQ Pork and Corn Shepherd's Pie

1 pound ground pork or 8 ounces each ground pork and ground turkey
½ C sliced green onions
1 C BBQ sauce, your choice
1 (11 oz.) can Mexicorn, (whole kernel corn with bits of red and green peppers in it), drained
1 (4 oz.) can of chopped green chiles, undrained
½ package (7 oz) of Betty Crocker four cheese mashed potatoes, (1 pouch)
1 ½ C hot water
1/3 C milk
2 T butter
½ C shredded cheddar cheese
1 C corn chips

Cook ground pork (or pork/turkey) and 1/4 cup of the onions in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until meat is brown; drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce, 3/4 cup of the corn and the chilies. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low to keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook potatoes as directed on package for 4 servings, using 1 pouch Potatoes and Seasoning, hot water, milk and butter. Stir in remaining onions and corn; let stand 5 minutes.
Spoon potatoes onto center of beef mixture, leaving 2 1/2- to 3-inch rim around edge of skillet; sprinkle cheese over potatoes and beef mixture. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle corn chips around edge of skillet.

Gotta have a main course before you have dessert.

old Grump
02-04-2011, 01:29 PM
I was going through my file for a scalloped corn recipe and found this. I might not like their politics but I do like what the rascals do with their food.

Boston-Style Baked Corn

Ingredients

1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. (packed) brown sugar
1 c. catsup
1 sm. onion, diced
2 12-oz. cans whole
kernel corn, drained
2 to 3 slices bacon, diced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine mustard, salt, brown sugar and catsup.
Add onion and corn; mix well.
Pour into greased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Top with bacon.
Bake for 40 minutes or until bacon is crisp.

An alternative I like is one can of whole kernel corn and 1 can of Cream style corn but either way is good.

This waking up at 0330 when you don't have to is for the birds, it's got my belly thinking about fun foods and my belly don;t need no fun foods. I do but my belly don't.

O.S.O.K.
02-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Hmm interesting. But I have one question for you - I read through the ingredients on the pudding and didn't see anything about how much Yorkshire Terrier to use? I'm guessing a pound? :lool:

And can black cat be used as a substitute? :D

old Grump
02-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Hmm interesting. But I have one question for you - I read through the ingredients on the pudding and didn't see anything about how much Yorkshire Terrier to use? I'm guessing a pound? :lool:

And can black cat be used as a substitute? :D

3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, beat eggs with milk. Stir in flour. Set aside.
Divide butter evenly into the twelve cups of a muffin tin, about 1/2 teaspoon per cup. Place tin in oven to melt butter, 2 to 5 minutes. Remove tin from oven, and distribute batter evenly among buttery cups.
Bake in preheated oven 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake 25 minutes more or until puffed and golden.

As you can see a pound would be to much, just brush the mutt and pull a few hairs off the brush. Burn them and inhale them. Make the Yorkshire pudding as per instructions and it will work much better. I can't make any recommendations for how much cat to use since I developed an allergy to them but I would think the same procedure I recommended for the puppy would work just as well.