PDA

View Full Version : NOT liking the Northwest...

El Laton Caliente
02-04-2011, 10:00 PM
The ASSHOLES I work with are most a bunch of political back stabbing assholes... the area is nice and I like the locals, but the people I work with mostly suck...

I want out of here!!!

El Laton Caliente
02-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I don't remember posting something like this in ten years of being a member...

ubersoldate
02-04-2011, 10:09 PM
That sucks, how long are you supposed to be there working?

I hate working with people in general.
Ive been a contractor all my adult life and recently went to work for a big box corporate hardware store. Those people are back stabbing nobodys who will sell out anyone just to move into a higher position, which makes .30 more an hour...:11doh:

I just try to ignore all the bullshit, and just do the job and go home.

Good luck!

63DH8
02-04-2011, 10:13 PM
Whereabouts in the NW are you?

El Laton Caliente
02-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks Umber....

63... I'm north, Ferndale, north of Bellingham. No freind, nobody I've work with before and these people seem to want somebody besides me here... Had a bad feeling coming here...

ltorlo64
02-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Sorry you are not having a good time here. I work with military (Navy) and civilians that work in the shipyard and they are generally pretty good. The group I am working with now is exceptionally good. Too bad the people you are working with are not as good.

You should go to one of the Washington Arms Collector's gun shows, that might cheer you up. They have one about every month in Monroe and in Puyallup. I believe Monroe is close to where you are right now. The next show in Monroe is 12-13 Feb and 26-27 Feb in Puyallup.

NewbieAKguy
02-04-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymzh7YAlZng

recon
02-04-2011, 11:49 PM
:laugh:

Altarboy
02-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Nice country. I'd do some hiking if there's time.

btcave
02-05-2011, 12:13 AM
I'm from the NW, and I have to say I'm not surprised. It's not always that way, but I've had better experiences with people in other places around the world, and I was born and raised here. Love the land and scenery here though. As much as this is my home, I'd move if the wife would go for it. Alaska would be where I'd like to live.

63DH8
02-05-2011, 03:00 AM
Thanks Umber....

63... I'm north, Ferndale, north of Bellingham. No freind, nobody I've work with before and these people seem to want somebody besides me here... Had a bad feeling coming here...

Sounds like you work with a bunch of folks from Seattle. I'm sorry to hear that.

North of Ferndale is the Peace Arch. It's on the Canadian border on I-5. Just before that is the truck exit. That will take you onto the Pacific hwy or hwy 15 (It's on the Canadian side of the truck exit). Take that north until you get to a larger multi lane road. That's the Trans Canadian Hwy, or Hwy 1. Take that. Get off on the 104st exit, or exit 50. You'll come to a mall (Guildford Town Centre) between 152 and 150 st. Lot and lots of pretty East Indian ladies all over the place!

When you get back to the border, you can get your tax back. :D

Guildford Town Centre

samiam
02-05-2011, 06:43 AM
El aren't you a "hired gun" to come in and unfuck a situation? That is a real threat to those that have made careers out of making excuses.

HDR
02-05-2011, 06:45 AM
Sounds like you work with a bunch of folks from Seattle. I'm sorry to hear that.

Sounds as if you're warning ELC he is close to an area filled with the libtard disease.

slamfire51
02-05-2011, 07:19 AM
The ASSHOLES I work with are most a bunch of political back stabbing assholes... the area is nice and I like the locals, but the people I work with mostly suck...

I want out of here!!!

Maybe the people of the company you're working for don't want to be there anymore than you. Or..they're just natural assholes.
I sucks working under those conditions.
When are you suppose to be getting out of there?

El Laton Caliente
02-05-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm supposed to be here until April at least. The actual job isn't until next year and I could end up here all the way through.

63DH8, I forgot to bring the passport... guess I could get it mailed up.

El Laton Caliente
02-05-2011, 10:24 AM
El aren't you a "hired gun" to come in and unfuck a situation? That is a real threat to those that have made careers out of making excuses.

I'm basically a grunt on this one. I don't go to the meetings and half the time they "forget" to tell me things that directly effect what I'm working on...

HDR
02-05-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm basically a grunt on this one. I don't go to the meetings and half the time they "forget" to tell me things that directly effect what I'm working on...

That is because they are too stupid to know what to tell you.

Actually as this is what libtards do; so even if you attended the meetings it wouldn't make any difference except you'd be nauseous from such close contact.

The problem is you haven't been around libtards too much so you still notice their stupidity.

;) :lool:

Hang around and I'll tell ya's how I really feel about our academic liberal elite.

El Laton Caliente
02-05-2011, 12:01 PM
I like the area and many of the locals away from work are good people. I did wear the NRA cap to the pub and got a few stares and a little Elmer Fudd style reidicule from the youger crowd.

Several of the guys I've met at the pub are wearing American Legion jackets and I get along with them fine.

L1A1Rocker
02-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Good luck with it. Sucks when you end up just wanting the clock the hit quiting time. Makes for a very sucky job.

63DH8
02-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Sounds as if you're warning ELC he is close to an area filled with the libtard disease.

I am! They're a bunch of arrogant, back stabbing, self centered, idiots who will never take responsibility for their actions, who will blame others for what goes wrong. They can't do anything to raise themselves in the eyes of others, so they'll work very hard to put others down.

btw... I'm being nice in my description because of mixed company.

63DH8
02-05-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm supposed to be here until April at least. The actual job isn't until next year and I could end up here all the way through.

63DH8, I forgot to bring the passport... guess I could get it mailed up.

If you like flowers, nearby is where Holland gets their tulips. In Holland's tulip markets, they boast about the US's Skagit and Puyallup Valley's tulips. You're not far from the Skagit Valley. When the tulips start growing, the farmers have a problem with nutria and other critters that eat their crops. There's no hunting limits, and it's an open season on nutria as they are a non-native species. You will have to get a hunting license though. All you have to do it ask the farmers, and they'll tell you where the rodents are.

El Laton Caliente
02-05-2011, 02:55 PM
If you like flowers, nearby is where Holland gets their tulips. In Holland's tulip markets, they boast about the US's Skagit and Puyallup Valley's tulips. You're not far from the Skagit Valley. When the tulips start growing, the farmers have a problem with nutria and other critters that eat their crops. There's no hunting limits, and it's an open season on nutria as they are a non-native species. You will have to get a hunting license though. All you have to do it ask the farmers, and they'll tell you where the rodents are.

I flew here and with TSA I didn't check a firearm... Guess I could go buy one, but being on straight 40s I'm not making the cash I normally do...

tank_monkey
02-05-2011, 04:59 PM
The problem is you haven't been around libtards too much so you still notice their stupidity.

Oh God, how I wish that were true. I'm around them all the time and I have to intentionally focus on OTHER THINGS to NOT make my blood boil! ;)

coppertales
02-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I no longer have to worry about things like this......

However, all companies are staffed with assholes such as you describe. If you are a competent worker, you are a threat to them and they will go out of their way to make you look bad or your life a living hell. At my last job, I worked for an ex Vietnam special forces guy that scared the bejusus out of everyone, except me. I am a powerlifter. Between the both of us, no-one gave us any grief. np-ome had the balls to try to intemidate us. Life was liveable at work. Now, it is heaven.....chris3

ltorlo64
02-05-2011, 08:57 PM
If you are a competent worker, you are a threat to them and they will go out of their way to make you look bad or your life a living hell.

Unless you work for a union, then the union will make sure that skills and talent don't matter as much as seniority.