PDA

View Full Version : Example of self-reliance if I ever saw one.

NewbieAKguy
02-05-2011, 02:16 AM
Good example of self-reliance IMO. Just wait until the Feds say they need to be regulated by FDA and whatnot. Plus, kinda weird the kids still live at home, but guess that's free labor right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W51JRTjoI1A&feature=player_embedded

L1A1Rocker
02-05-2011, 01:17 PM
IIRC the new "food safety law" gives the feds authority to come in and shut them down.

HDR
02-05-2011, 02:44 PM
IIRC the new "food safety law" gives the feds authority to come in and shut them down.

To take the food for "testing" for the safety of the children :D

(it doesn't matter if they have any children or not LOL)

Sounds similiar to a commune. ;)

El Laton Caliente
02-05-2011, 03:03 PM

It does, but I want to see them stop the rural Southerners from growing a garden. Can you see some bureaucrat try and take an east Texas redneck's 'mators?

sksAL
02-12-2011, 06:33 PM
im starting to buy seeds now, im gonna have a big garden. used to do it years ago but lost interest. i grew way more than i could eat, and so did my nieghbors. we were always giving each other veggies. i have dried peppers from 6 years ago that i still cook with, and im pretty sure i can open them up and seeds will grow.

robert
02-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Looks great I found 10 acres in the national forest for 18000 hope to get it dig a pond and stock it with catfish and grow a garden.