PDA

View Full Version : Hello and new to this forum. I also have a question on a wasr 10/63

delta6
02-06-2011, 11:47 PM
My Wasr front site post is set far right the front site assy is canted to the right slightly, I also have a welded barrel nut so my question is if I move the front site post clockwise without breaking the weld on the nut the nut will also be turning in the correct direction for loosening. I saw a you tube repair video for a slight cant without removeing the two site post pins using a dead blow hammer and tapping the site post to aquire good site alignement then center the site pin with the vert line using the push tool and zero from there. What do you think .
Thanks
delta6

FunkyPertwee
02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Before you do anything, shoot the rifle and see if it is sighted in. If so, leave it alone unless you are going to remove the front sight assembly pins, fix the cant, and re sight the rifle. If it is not sighted in properly, you will probably be able to sight it in with a front sight adjustment tool and not have to worry about the front sight assembly.

Also, unless you are in a ban state, just cut the muzzle nut off already.

delta6
02-06-2011, 11:57 PM
I used my laser bore site and ran ot off adj, did not fire it yet but i like to battle site zero first before hitting the range.
delta6

delta6
02-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Ok I will put some down range and go from there, thanks for your help.

l921428x
02-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Welcome to this site. I am not sure what the others will say, I would just leave it alone. Enjoy.

georgep
02-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Other option is to put a scope on it and ignore the steel sites.

Also WELCOME and enjoy they are a lot of fun to shoot.