PDA

View Full Version : n00b

TomO
02-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Howdy,

I've been lurking around here awhile so I figured I would finally intoduce myself. Been a gun owner for quite some time now (since I was nine...yikes!).

Just recently bought my first AK (a CAI M70AB2) which I am totally in love with. I don't think that I've ever had more appeciation for a weapons inherent traits than I have for this rifle. It's certainly not going to be my last AK. It's simplicity and ruggedness have me sold.

Mikhail Kalashnikov is a genius....I rank him second only to John Moses Browning (PBUH)....and for me; that's about the highest praise I can give any weapons designer.

El Laton Caliente
02-08-2011, 08:34 AM
LOL, welcome to the addiction! You've already got it bad!

Nice choice for a first AK, Yugos are great rifles.

slamfire51
02-08-2011, 08:39 AM
:welcome: TomO to the :ak: addiction.
A Yugo is a great choice.
Join in and enjoy.

imanaknut
02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

And to the AK-addiction!!!

videodon
02-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Welcome!
:)

TomO
02-09-2011, 07:37 AM
:) Thanks everyone.

Last week I put the Yugo through all the magazines to make sure it operated properly....I was expecting a stove-pipe or feed jam once or twice but got nothing. Total perfection in function from slow fire to pumping them out as fast as I could yank the trigger.
I'm pleased, to say the least (got it so hot you couldn't even touch the plastic foregrip...which will soon be replaced with a set of Ironwood Grips).

Now begins the work of making it "mine"....

I've already learned alot here....I'm hoping to learn more. After I get done with this one my next project is going to be a Saiga12....and then...maybe..my first build?