PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis found!

El Jefe
02-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Well, probably not, since it most likely never existed. But, some may find this interesting and even buy in, I mean look at all of the people who believe in the face on Mars BS.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Matthew Moore 7:18AM GMT 20 Feb 2009

The network of criss-cross lines is 620 miles off the coast of north west Africa near the Canary Islands on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean.

The perfect rectangle – which is around the size of Wales – was noticed on the search giant's underwater exploration tool by an aeronautical engineer who claims it looks like an "aerial map" of a city.

The underwater image can be found at the co-ordinates 31 15'15.53N 24 15'30.53W.

Last night Atlantis experts said that the unexplained grid is located at one of the possible sites of the legendary island, which was described by the ancient Greek philosopher Plato.

According to his account, the city sank beneath the ocean after its residents made a failed effort to conquer Athens around 9000 BC.

More at link, with pictures!:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/google/4731313/Google-Ocean-Has-Atlantis-been-found-off-Africa.html

old Grump
02-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Lowell was not the only one making such analogies; the eminent English astronomer Sir Norman Lockyer said of a certain Martian coastline that it "... reminds one of the Scandinavian peninsula, and the included Baltic Sea." It was easy to see, for those who paid attention to the analogies, that Mars was very much like Earth. When the features were plotted on maps, they became even more familiar. The original Italian maps of Mars had "canale" marked on them, and it is often said that the canal craze came from the easy mistranslation of the word to "canal" rather than the more appropriate and natural "channel." Lane shows, though, that the cartographic images were what carried the message of the canals, not any mistranslation. Before cameras could be attached to telescopes, astronomers sketched what they saw. When they started putting the sketches onto Mercator projections, though (this was first done in 1869), the maps conveyed scientific accuracy; they looked like objective representations of reality, and so they were taken as such. The maps also got labeled with bays, oceans, and continents, and the features were named. That different maps from different observers could not be reconciled was an obstacle that was overcome as people favored the maps of the Italian astronomer Giovanni Schiaparelli, the one who put "canale" on its dark lines.

http://www.cdispatch.com/lifestyles/article.asp?aid=9673You can't fool me, Lowell would not lie about something that important, its canals not face and everybody knows Atlantis is in Georgia. Boy oh boy just you guys wait till Russia discovers we stole Georgia from them. They are going to be sooooo mad at us. Whoeee!

El Jefe
02-10-2011, 05:08 PM
You can't fool me, Lowell would not lie about something that important, its canals not face and everybody knows Atlantis is in Georgia. Boy oh boy just you guys wait till Russia discovers we stole Georgia from them. They are going to be sooooo mad at us. Whoeee!

But, but, I thought science was infallible and the only real truth? Say this isn't so Mr. Wizard. :)

old Grump
02-10-2011, 05:21 PM
But, but, I thought science was infallible and the only real truth? Say this isn't so Mr. Wizard. :)Da facks is what dey is and dis is in da right forum.:toke:

HDR
02-13-2011, 11:14 AM
"Dr Charles Orser, curator of historical archaeology at New York State University told The Sun that the find was fascinating and warranted further inspection. "The site is one of the most prominent places for the proposed location of Atlantis, as described by Plato," the Atlantis expert said. "Even if it turns out to be geographical, it definitely deserves a closer look."

That sounds like a real scientist and most definitely does not resemble in any way shape or from the climatology scientists which AL Gore quotes.

However, as nature usually avoids straight lines to say the least that is a very interesting arrangement of rocks.

old Grump
02-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Agreed but I have been reading about the latest Atlantis Find since the 50's and I'm getting a bit skeptical in my old age.

El Laton Caliente
02-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Nobody thought Troy was real... Or Noah's Ark until they found a ship's keel on a mountain....

El Jefe
02-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Nobody thought Troy was real... Or Noah's Ark until they found a ship's keel on a mountain....

I'll give you the 1st part on Troy, but I guess I missed the Ark discovery. Personally I'm convinced that Atlantis never existed and I'm doubly sure they didn't generate power from a magic earth crystal. But I can't prove it so......:)

swampdragon
02-13-2011, 04:23 PM

In 1993, CBS aired a television special entitled "The Incredible Discovery of Noah's Ark," which contained a section devoted to the claims of George Jammal, who showed what he called "sacred wood from the ark." Jammal's story of a dramatic mountain expedition which took the life of "his Polish friend Vladimir" was actually a deliberate hoax, and Jammal - who was really an actor - later revealed that his "sacred wood" was wood taken from railroad tracks in Long Beach, California and hardened by cooking with various sauces in an oven.[33]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searches_for_Noah%27s_Ark

rahatlakhoom
02-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Graham Hancock has done numerous dives in the Japans.
Also the Pacific isles. He has documented megalithic structures that
have been inundated by high levels of water at around 12,000 years ago.
This is aprox. the time of the sinking of Atlantis.

This coincides with the melting of the glacial ice cover.
Sri Lanka, was once a part of the continuous land mass of Ancient India.
This is a documented fact.
So, don't be too hasty to dismiss the sudden disappearance of a land mass.

http://projectcamelotproductions.com/interviews/graham_hancock/graham_hancock.html

HDR
02-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Agreed but I have been reading about the latest Atlantis Find since the 50's and I'm getting a bit skeptical in my old age.

Most of what I've read had a bs sound to it and not as interesting as this one.

I'll give you the 1st part on Troy, but I guess I missed the Ark discovery. Personally I'm convinced that Atlantis never existed and I'm doubly sure they didn't generate power from a magic earth crystal. But I can't prove it so......:)

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=235033