PDA

View Full Version : RL550B Loader and dies and other reloading stuff books,scales and everything. LOL

justinsaneok
02-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Looking to start reloading. I'm looking for a Dillon RL550B, Dies, powder measures and tool heads for changeovers in the following calibers, 9MM/.40/.357sig/.38special/.357 mag/.223/.308 I want to, need to find a good deal or I will have problems with the wife. I now have her convinced it will save us money. She knows how much bullets cost, however money is tight and this will be an investment. I will appreciate any help or a point in the right direction. I was going to buy new but hoping used will save money in the conversion department.

justinsaneok
02-11-2011, 07:13 PM
:amen:

Schuetzenman
02-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Well it's like this, Dillion stuff costs what it costs. I don't know of anybody discounting it. Then again it does have a lifetime no BS guarantee. Something should ever break, just call em up and tell em what broke. They'll send it out ASAP.

9 mm and .223 have such similar rim dimenstions that I use either shell plate and button set to do loading for either case. Only thing I change is the powder funnel insert to the powder measure die. You would find similar things for .308, .30-06 and .45 ACP. Off the top of my head I don't know of any other similar rounds unless you count .38 spl. and .357 magnum. Well now that I think of it .40 S&W and .357 Sig would also be the same. So what I'm saying is you might not have to go buy a Conversion Set for every chambering you reload if there is any commonality of rim / case size.

For your handguns cast bullets would save you a lot of money if you can find scrap lead and wheel weights to make your own bullets. Purchased components does still save money over loaded ammo, but not as much. These numbers I'm going to quote are 11 years old for 9 mm ammo. At the time a 50 round box of 9 mm from Winchester might of cost me 10 bucks. I could relaod 50 rounds with a jacketed bullet for about 5.00. If I cast bullets out of wheel weights I was down to about 3 bucks a box. Times have changed and prices are up but it would scale up proportionally to todays prices.

filthy phil
02-11-2011, 07:20 PM
heres a 650
http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=104095

justinsaneok
02-11-2011, 11:24 PM
heres a 650
http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=104095

Nice I'm going to call:clap:

filthy phil
02-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Nice I'm going to call:clap:

i can make sure you get it shipped, lemme know. i'm in houston too

justinsaneok
02-12-2011, 08:47 PM
I will let you know. A guy my buddy knows has one to sell I'm going to check out first. Only cause the guy lives so close I can look at it. The pics for the press in this add looks good like it was well taken care of.