PDA

View Full Version : new here with a question

it8eazy
02-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Hey all, I just recently bought a WASR 10. After cleaning the 50 pounds of what appeared to be wheel bearing grease off it, I looked down into the trigger group. If somehow the secondary sear got stuck, would the rifle malfunction and go full auto or would it jam after the first shot?

deth502
02-11-2011, 04:03 PM
there is only one sear, it is attached to the trigger.

no need to worry. your gun is a semi auto and it will only function that way.

El Laton Caliente
02-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the board! Go shoot it, it should be just fine. The Romanians are about the Ford/Chevy pick up of the AK world, nuth'n fancy, but they work.

imanaknut
02-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

There are only three parts (not counting the two springs, shepherd's hook, or the axis pins) that make up the fire control group of our sanitized AK variants (as in ATF approved). They are the trigger which has the sear directly attached to it, the disconnector that holds the hammer as long as you have the trigger full back, and the hammer itself. It doesn't get any simpler.

About the only thing that can go wrong is the disconnector not catching the hammer and you get a slam fire of a second round, but usually they remain semi-auto only.

Schuetzenman
02-11-2011, 07:26 PM
The Wasr is like any other semi-auto AKM variant. You have a hammer, trigger and disconnector. The disconnector is a small thing inside the trigger and it has a small spring that pushes it up on the tail end. If it sticks you would have a single shot weapon, not a full auto. If the trigger didn't catch the hammer, the hammer would follow the bolt group home and you would have a no fire after your first round.

robert
02-12-2011, 09:28 PM
to be legal full auto it needs to be made before 86 be regestered u need stamp and a third pin hole for disconector. this is gunsnet not guns nut all legal here.

Schuetzenman
02-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Actually the 3rd pin is for the auto sear. The semi has a disconnector as I stated in my last post on this thread.

georgep
02-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Welcome, as you can see these guys know there stuff.
On the SAME subject, what is the best lube for the trigger group? Just gun oil or something different?