PDA

View Full Version : Del-Ton or Colt?

ltorlo64
02-13-2011, 12:52 AM
I know I have asked about kits before, but I have one more. I had pretty much settled on the 20" A-2 rifle kit from Del-Ton. Today I noticed that Sarco has Colt kits from either Vietnam (A-1) or the 1980s (A-2) for about the same price.

The Colt A-1 kits require some gunsmithing to parkerize the barrel and install the front site, but they have the triangular front hand guard. The Colt A-2 kit is pretty much the same as the Del-Ton.

Does anyone have any experience with either kit, especially the Colt. Is getting the Colt logo worth it or will the Del-Ton be just as good?

This is probably the last question on which to buy I will ask. I plan to buy the kit the first of March (I will have saved enough from my allowance!).

FunkyPertwee
02-13-2011, 01:12 AM
I would get a new kit over a used one.

ltorlo64
02-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I would get a new kit over a used one.

That is the direction I was leaning, but I have to admit to some draw to having the Colt logo on the rifle. Of course, my lower is not a Colt, so it is not quite the same.

FunkyPertwee
02-13-2011, 11:07 AM
That is the direction I was leaning, but I have to admit to some draw to having the Colt logo on the rifle. Of course, my lower is not a Colt, so it is not quite the same.

I wouldn't get a used Colt kit just to have their name. Especially when they've shown such a lack of respect for the general population.

Not unless your trying to build a classic style A1.

NewbieAKguy
02-13-2011, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't get a used Colt kit just to have their name. Especially when they've shown such a lack of respect for the general population.

Not unless your trying to build a classic style A1.

Ditto.

NAPOTS
02-13-2011, 11:30 AM
there is no "logo" on the upper. Just forge codes