PDA

View Full Version : Does the ATF ever forget to collect payment?

Citizen Pain
02-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Picked up my form 4 last week, which was a big surprise because i've been watching my account for a $200 dollar check to be cashed, and it hasn't happened. Is it possible that the ATF lost my check or something? I thought they usually charged you at the beginning of the process of your paperwork.

Citizen Pain
02-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Disregard my last, called atf today and they did forget.

1 Patriot-of-many
06-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Why'd you call them? You had the tax stamp! This whole business of paying a tax to exercise a right is nonsense to begin with.

imanaknut
06-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Extending that to the absurd, isn't that like asking a firing squad to make sure their rifles are loaded before executing you??? :dizzy:

Sorry, just in a silly mood when rights are being violated and you have to remind the government to violate you. :D :D :D :D

Richard Simmons
06-21-2011, 03:57 PM
You did the right thing. With those guys I could see them showing up at your door in six months and arresting you for an illegal machinegun since you didn't pay for the stamp and without payment of the tax the stamp is invalid.

1 Patriot-of-many
06-22-2011, 03:18 AM
You did the right thing. With those guys I could see them showing up at your door in six months and arresting you for an illegal machinegun since you didn't pay for the stamp and without payment of the tax the stamp is invalid.

Yeah you're probably right. They'd come up with some BS, even though he was in possession of a tax stamp authorized by them.....

Citizen Pain
06-23-2011, 07:12 PM
What I meant by "...they did forget" is that I called them, asked them if there was a problem, they checked their records and reported to me that they had "collected payment on #### date". I said "alright great!" Reviewed my banking records and found no such payment on or about that date. So in the end, their discrepancy, my benefit. ;)

1 Patriot-of-many
06-24-2011, 08:11 PM
What I meant by "...they did forget" is that I called them, asked them if there was a problem, they checked their records and reported to me that they had "collected payment on #### date". I said "alright great!" Reviewed my banking records and found no such payment on or about that date. So in the end, their discrepancy, my benefit. ;)

Maybe it was buy three get the fourth free? LOL....