PDA

View Full Version : Cheap LOL quality AR kits or complete rifles.

justinsaneok
02-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Where is the best place to get a cheapo AR?

AKTexas
02-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Try Delton for parts kit.

TEN-32
02-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Or DPMS. Usually available through Midway or Brownell's.

Charliebravo
02-16-2011, 12:44 AM
DSA makes decent stuff, and I've always had good luck with AIM.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1DSAZ4M4&name=DSA+Z4+M4+5.56%2f.223+Rifle&groupid=208

NewbieAKguy
02-16-2011, 12:47 AM

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1DSAZ4M4&name=DSA+Z4+M4+5.56%2f.223+Rifle&groupid=208

Wow. That is a good price.

justinsaneok
02-16-2011, 02:48 AM
That is a good price. Looking for something like that.

TEN-32
02-16-2011, 07:09 AM

Oh wow, hadn't seen that. I would jump on that if I was in the market.

O.S.O.K.
02-20-2011, 05:42 PM
That's a good price for sure but you can beat that with a del-ton kit and $100 lower receiver. Del-ton kits start at $469 for one just like that pictured (read the description, it's got a chrome-moly barrel - which to say, not a chrome-lined chamber and barrel).

$569 for the same thing and the quality is excellent. Put a scope on it and you're ready to go. And, you can have the barrel length and config that you want - like lightweight, middy, hbar, etc. = your choice.

Now, add chrome lined barrel for another $45 and maybe a buis for $80 and you have a complete ready to rock and durable AR for about the same price as the DPMS.

Assembly is easy - be sure and ask about using plastic bags when handling the detant springs.... saves the day.

Angrycolon
02-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Here's one more suggestion if you don't want to build. I have heard good things about these.... but I can't say anything from personal experience yet. Scroll past all the AK's till you see the Rocky Point Guns AR-15 L.E. - AR 15 S/A. You are talking gun, cheap case, couple of mags, and cleaning kit for around 700.00. I bought one last week but got delayed, again. Should have it in my hands by March 2. On quick inspection, it seems of good build quality. I'll post what what I think about it, (IMHO of course), when I put a few rounds through it.
http://www.classicarms.us/

justinsaneok
02-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Here's one more suggestion if you don't want to build. I have heard good things about these.... but I can't say anything from personal experience yet. Scroll past all the AK's till you see the Rocky Point Guns AR-15 L.E. - AR 15 S/A. You are talking gun, cheap case, couple of mags, and cleaning kit for around 700.00. I bought one last week but got delayed, again. Should have it in my hands by March 2. On quick inspection, it seems of good build quality. I'll post what what I think about it, (IMHO of course), when I put a few rounds through it.
http://www.classicarms.us/
Let me know how it turns out. Right now I got the .308 itch.

justinsaneok
02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Let me know how it turns out. Right now I got the .308 itch.

I scratched it!

l921428x
02-08-2012, 08:42 PM
I scratched it!

And.................

btcave
02-08-2012, 08:46 PM
And.................

+1......and.....

Hello? McFly?

NAPOTS
02-08-2012, 10:24 PM
That's a good price for sure but you can beat that with a del-ton kit and $100 lower receiver. Del-ton kits start at $469 for one just like that pictured (read the description, it's got a chrome-moly barrel - which to say, not a chrome-lined chamber and barrel).

$569 for the same thing and the quality is excellent. Put a scope on it and you're ready to go. And, you can have the barrel length and config that you want - like lightweight, middy, hbar, etc. = your choice.

Now, add chrome lined barrel for another $45 and maybe a buis for $80 and you have a complete ready to rock and durable AR for about the same price as the DPMS.

Assembly is easy - be sure and ask about using plastic bags when handling the detant springs.... saves the day.

Use a putty knife to depress the detent and spring for the front takedown pin, the putty knife is thin enough that while depressing the detent you can insert the takedown pin, remove putty knife and walah!

But yes, open a paper or plastic bag infront of the spring in case you slip.

And be careful putting in the roll pin for the trigger guard, and make sure you put it in the right hole or you can't get it out.

Viking350
02-09-2012, 09:05 AM

I bought a couple Plum Crazy complete lowers and Del-Ton complete uppers. Put them together and viola, an AR for around $525.00.

Integratedj
02-21-2012, 10:07 PM
I've been seeing the S&W m&p15 sports for anywhere between $599-700.
That is with a forged lower & navy barrel. It doesn't have a dust cover or a forward assist. So far 3 of my friends have bought them and they've been great. The only real downside is the moe sights kind of suck.

Seems like a pretty good bang for the buck.

PROBASCO
02-21-2012, 11:05 PM
now this is a cheap way to start with a $99 complete lower with t6
http://www.gunshack.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=173

j.parker
05-08-2012, 06:46 PM
buliding your own is definetly the cheapest way but only if you have the tools i have the vise blocks armors wrench and other stuff so i can build them for 500ish but stag and dpms make good stuff and pretty cheap and their already assembled