PDA

View Full Version : Best automatic powder dispenser/scale combo

Dafapa
02-16-2011, 11:14 PM
I've been thinking about getting one of those combined automated powder dispenser/scale combos for a while. Who makes the best one? Based on reading reviews I'm inclined toward this one from RCBS.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=772151

Has anyone used these? How well do they work?

O.S.O.K.
02-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I think RCBS probably too but of course, it's also the most expensive.

Another option is the Lyman 1200DPS-3 which is the new and improved model. I have one on gunbroker for sale $225 - brand new - got it for Christmas and never used it. I thought I might want to load stick powder in 308 and 223 but decided that I like the ball powders just fine - which work great in a measure.... apparently, these have a very good rating for the newer ones from the last couple of years - before that, not so good. But I think they were the first ones to come out with one... they list for $279 at Midway.

Hornady has one out now too...

GunBum
02-25-2011, 10:55 AM
I have the updated Lyman, and am happy with it. It isn't perfect, but it works for what I need. As long as you are willing to live within the limitations, like no small size spherical or flake powders, it does an adequate job. It spits out charges as fast as I can seat a bullet and get the next case ready, so it is fast enough for me. Accuracy is good, but the scale drifts and it takes a long time to warm up.