PDA

View Full Version : FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack...

O.S.O.K.
02-17-2011, 09:36 AM
http://patriotupdate.com/3166/fbi-100-percent-chance-of-wmd-attack

FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack

February 16, 2011
http://patriotupdate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/wmd-150x150.jpg The probability that the U.S. will be hit with a weapons of mass destruction attack at some point is 100 percent, Dr. Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate, tells Newsmax.

[read more of the article by following the link]

------------------------

Aparently there are hundereds of reports a year on terrorists getting their hands on various types of WMD...

How hard would it be for them to smuggle this shit into the US? Answer: not hard at all - just sneak accross the southern border.
How hard would it be for them to conspire and organize and store their WMD material in a muslim enclave here in the US? Answer: not hard at all - there are plenty of radicalized muslims that would provide assistance.

Cheery stuff huh?

HDR
02-17-2011, 10:05 AM
0bama's "I'll keep our borders open" pledge.

0bama is totally oblivious to anything except rendering another theatrical performance while reading the teleprompters. National security is off the idiot's radar.

Mark Ducati
02-17-2011, 10:13 AM
What are they referring to when they say a "weapon of mass destruction"? Do they specify?

I don't see the terrorists bringing a nuclear warhead into the country.... I do foresee a single dirty bomb, perhaps even a single "Sarin Gas" bomb... heck the planes that hit the WTC should be considered WMD's?

I wonder if the terrorist went around rural areas and just started burying lead to contaminate the ground water if that'd be considered a WMD? How about going on a "poisoning spree"? Remember the tylenol with the cyanide? The caps on cough medicine are sealed, but often times are not boxed... all you need is small needle to inject crap into the bottom of the bottle, a little superglue or clear methacrylate and you can seal the pin point opening...

WMD could mean a lot of things.

Helen Keller
02-17-2011, 10:17 AM
WMD could mean a lot of things.

fuck.... I got a glock 19 and a 33rd mag...my days are numbered.

matshock
02-17-2011, 10:53 AM
It would most likely employ chemical, biological, or radiological weapons rather than a nuclear device.

I'm thinking something like the Tokyo subway attack from a few years ago.

They found a guy here in Vegas who managed to poison himself culturing ricin at a Residence Inn. I guess he should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

O.S.O.K.
02-17-2011, 10:59 AM
So, when we post [to read the rest of the article, click on the link] nobody does?

They specifically say that WMD's mean all kinds of things - mostly not thermonucular. Biological, chemical, and yes low grade nuclear material for dirty bombs.

If you think about it, a lot of havock could be caused by the application of some of this stuff along with just plain suicide bombers and shooting sprees...

Full Otto
02-17-2011, 11:06 AM
I get the feeling that it's more to convince us that we need the Patriot Act extention which just happened

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/17/us-usa-security-congress-idUSTRE71G47T20110217

ubersoldate
02-17-2011, 11:17 AM
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on this.
There is no way that one can say we wont be attacked again with whats out there gunning for us.

But in a sad way, it might be what we need to wake up to the threat. As our president is far from knowing, or caring about what happens to the country.

Im with HDR on the theory of the border as well. I have friends Ive spoken to all over the world, and the border was hot news everywhere. It would take an idiot not to notice and try to take advantage of.

FunkyPertwee
02-17-2011, 11:58 AM
The country needs to toughen up so we can survive an urban dirty bomb, or multiple simultanious dirty bombs in seperate cities. We need to be ready to take down active shooters in a Mumbai style attack, which I'm surprised we haven't already seen in American malls and wal-marts. We need to individually have food and water plans incase taken off the grid.

NAPOTS
02-17-2011, 12:02 PM
That seems to be a pretty flimsy statement by the FBI. "At some point" could be from today to 200 years from now.

matshock
02-17-2011, 12:46 PM
That seems to be a pretty flimsy statement by the FBI. "At some point" could be from today to 200 years from now.

At least they're honest- they have no idea.

I also personally have no confidence in the contention that there will never be a nuclear terror attack- we lose track of nukes often enough that I'm pretty sure there are Soviet weapons that are now off-the-radar altogether.

mriddick
02-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Yea it's a pretty dumb statement anyone could make considering the time frame involved. My bet it's just designed to grab a news headline for more funding (probably to be use so their budget is cut in the looming budget battle). It's sort of like saying we all have a 100% chance of dying, it's being able to tell when, where and how that matters.

yankeedog
02-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Just hit Las Vegas any time and more money and people will be hit than anywhere else.

matshock
02-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Just hit Las Vegas any time and more money and people will be hit than anywhere else.

Meh- the strip is a lot more spread out than Times Square.

It's also not as much of a statement as DC.

Plus we're a lot farther inland with not many roads into/out of town- easy to get spotted.

Maybe, but it's not an easy slam dunk.

swampdragon
02-17-2011, 02:23 PM

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.....lol

Krupski
02-17-2011, 02:27 PM
What are they referring to when they say a "weapon of mass destruction"?

Ruger 10/22 and a 50 round drum...?

HDR
02-17-2011, 03:12 PM
WMDs aren't always nuclear; a few hundred pounds of Anthrax could be smuggled in easily.

HDR
02-17-2011, 03:16 PM

A lot of people visit there then go home so it would be a great place to spread nasty biologicals.

old Grump
02-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Experts are constantly being quoted with estimates of the amount of enriched uranium that could be unaccounted for from Soviet Union stockpiles and could be used to make nuclear weapons. Majidi says no one knows the actual amount.

Read more on Newsmax.com: FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack (http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/zawahiri-weapons-mass-destruction/2011/02/14/id/386055?s=al&promo_code=BAC8-1#ixzz1EFWhbp5i)

So who are these experts and why don't they know. Disband DHS, put the money in Customs Inspectors and tie law enforcement agencies, all agencies together with the same or compatible computer systems.

Of course its 100% with the time line they gave. Disband DHS, it bears repeating.

HDR
02-17-2011, 03:42 PM
As they are to stupid to realize open borders are dangerous definitely shut down DHS

Spend DHS's money on securing our borders at least we'd get something for our tax dollars.

aliceinchains
02-17-2011, 04:25 PM
So, when we post [to read the rest of the article, click on the link] nobody does?

They specifically say that WMD's mean all kinds of things - mostly not thermonucular. Biological, chemical, and yes low grade nuclear material for dirty bombs.

If you think about it, a lot of havock could be caused by the application of some of this stuff along with just plain suicide bombers and shooting sprees...

I think about it often. Water supply's could really be fucked up.

02-17-2011, 05:04 PM
I don't think the average American realizes how EASY it is to mess things up. In my line of work I have found that any building in Portland Oregon can be accessed with ease...and this includes the mechanical rooms that distribute air to the entire building.

mrkalashnikov
02-17-2011, 05:09 PM
I get the feeling that it's more to convince us that we need the Patriot Act extention which just happened

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/17/us-usa-security-congress-idUSTRE71G47T20110217

Yep.

HDR
02-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I don't think the average American realizes how EASY it is to mess things up. In my line of work I have found that any building in Portland Oregon can be accessed with ease...and this includes the mechanical rooms that distribute air to the entire building.

There are lots of areas where this nation is wide open; where gasoline is stored is a good example.

FunkyPertwee
02-17-2011, 07:41 PM
There are lots of areas where this nation is wide open; where gasoline is stored is a good example.

I wonder if a tracer would ignite a gas tanker. I hope not.

O.S.O.K.
02-17-2011, 08:39 PM
When you really get to thinking about it, there are all kinds of ways to attack us - without needing many people or much wmd material.

Tom Clancy (HDR's comment made me think of this) detailed the release of weaponized ebola virus IIRC via areosole spray in the middle of convention halls - which are full of people that will get on planes, spread the contageon to everybody on board, and then go home which is all over the country and infect their families.

Just a little bit of creativity turns a small amount of weapon into a country-wide attack.

That was Executive Orders I think.

It is absolutely, and without question a complete deriliction of duty to not secure our borders and not apply every resource to tracking down terrorists now on our soil and bringing them to justice.

The POTUS has the resources and the authority to do both of these things right now. But like his predecessors, he chooses political expediency over national security and defense.

davepool
02-17-2011, 09:07 PM
As they are to stupid to realize open borders are dangerous definitely shut down DHS

Spend DHS's money on securing our borders at least we'd get something for our tax dollars.

I see you're a dreamer like me :)