PDA

View Full Version : Sam's Club Winchester 24 gun safe?

Cypher
02-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know when Sam's Club gets their gun safes are in? I think they are seasonal, the idiot at the local Club was less than helpful and sounded like she didn't think they should carry gun safes.

I need to get a safe and was thinking about the Winchester or something similar for around $600.

azhonkey
02-17-2011, 05:15 PM
cabellas has a 48 gun safe on sale for $999.00.heck of a deal

Cypher
02-17-2011, 05:20 PM
cabellas has a 48 gun safe on sale for $999.00.heck of a deal

That's pretty good too, might be too big for me, I am trying to find something that will fit in a standard closet with a 30" door. I will probably have to remove the frame or figure a way to jimmy it in though.

mriddick
02-17-2011, 05:23 PM
I recently bought a 30 gun safe at TSC for $600.

Cypher
02-17-2011, 05:49 PM
I recently bought a 30 gun safe at TSC for $600.

I'll check them out too, I didn't know they had gun safes.

aliceinchains
02-17-2011, 06:16 PM
After i had a lock smith drill open my electronic safe because it failed it will be dial up from now on.

Mark Ducati
02-17-2011, 07:20 PM
I had my electronic digital key pad swapped out for an analog/manual dial a couple years ago in anticipation of an EMP wave from the sun in future. Also, just in case the power goes out due to a thunderstorm, I also keep a flashlight hanging from a lanyard on the vault door's handle.

mriddick
02-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Many electronic safes have a back up key lock, not that it would take that long to get into most safes anyway given a couple of hours work.

Cypher
02-17-2011, 09:29 PM
After i had a lock smith drill open my electronic safe because it failed it will be dial up from now on.

I've wondered about that. Was it a bad battery or did the electronics fail? Is it common to make the lock where you can replace the battery externally?

I had my electronic digital key pad swapped out for an analog/manual dial a couple years ago in anticipation of an EMP wave from the sun in future. Also, just in case the power goes out due to a thunderstorm, I also keep a flashlight hanging from a lanyard on the vault door's handle.

How much did that run you? Did you just contact a general locksmith?

Many electronic safes have a back up key lock, not that it would take that long to get into most safes anyway given a couple of hours work.

Yep, all you can hope for is to make it enough of a nuisance someone wouldn't bother and do what you can to prevent it from happening in the first place.