recon
02-21-2011, 12:39 PM
More Info.
http://www.saveourskills.com/grocery-bill-double-2011

O.S.O.K.
02-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Doubling?

Crap. That's not good news.

All the more reason to put up more food - but you've gotta watch the expirations...

El Laton Caliente
02-21-2011, 01:20 PM
The bad weather went into Mexico and the Rio Grande Valley, also parts of Florida where most of the USA's winter & early spring crop is grown. Now add the fuel prices and transportation going way up. Then inflation in general; the Fed has printed between 9 and 27 trillion dollars with almost zero growth in the gross domestic product. Now add corn prices going to about $7/bussel which is the primary feed crop for pigs, cattle and chickens.

This is about a perfect storm for food price increases.

recon
02-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Plus the grain prices are higher now and I don't see them going down anytime soon!

El Laton Caliente
02-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Plus the grain prices are higher now and I don't see them going down anytime soon!

Corn, because of ethanol, has taken more of the productive acreage. Less wheat, barley, milo, etc. are under production so the price is up.

We need to quit burning food...

FunkyPertwee
02-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Egypt, here we come!

cciota
02-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Corn, because of ethanol, has taken more of the productive acreage. Less wheat, barley, milo, etc. are under production so the price is up.

We need to quit burning food...

I was watching the Daytona 500 yesterday and AARP is sponsering Jeff Gordons car with this Drive for Hunger campaign or something like that. The commercials for this cause ran during the race we stating how the number of starving people had doubled in the last three years. Kinda ironic that is the time frame Zero has been in charge but I digress. In the same breath, NASCAR is running commercials for ethanol and even have a "American Ethanol" decal around the fueling connection point on the cars. They are now using ethanol in their fuel. Just struck me as hypocritical.

imanaknut
02-21-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't think they realize that burning food is bad for the economy and does nothing to make Algore's global warming any different.

O.S.O.K.
02-21-2011, 04:01 PM
It does make the corn farmers happy though....

HDR
02-21-2011, 05:41 PM
Prices double in 2011 and by 2012....

Commodity Online
The man who predicted the 1987 stock market crash and the fall of the Soviet Union is now forecasting revolution in America, food riots and tax rebellions - all within four years, while cautioning that putting food on the table will be a more pressing concern than buying Christmas gifts by 2012.

Gerald Celente, the CEO of Trends Research Institute, is renowned for his accuracy in predicting future world and economic events, which will send a chill down your spine considering what he told Fox News this week.

Celente says that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

"We're going to see the end of the retail Christmas....we're going to see a fundamental shift take place....putting food on the table is going to be more important that putting gifts under the Christmas tree," said Celente, adding that the situation would be "worse than the great depression".

"America's going to go through a transition the likes of which no one is prepared for," said Celente, noting that people's refusal to acknowledge that America was even in a recession highlights how big a problem denial is in being ready for the true scale of the crisis.
http://www.commodityonline.com/news/Revolution-food-riots-in-America-by-2012-13062-3-1.html