PDA

View Full Version : My daughter will 11 in two weeks,she is wanting her own pistol.Need some ideas?

AKTexas
07-28-2010, 07:55 PM
She loves my Ruger MK III,my S&W M686 and her brother's Ruger Bearcat but wants her own handgun.

Keeping with the tradition I have set for the kids; (1).22 rifle,(2).22 handgun,(3)center-fire handgun,(4)center-fire rifle.

She likes shiny,she likes pink and she has decided she wants a .22 auto but wants to be different than her brother and her dad.

I plan to spend about $400 on the gift so what do you gun-nuts suggest?

awp101
07-28-2010, 08:03 PM
IIRC the Beretta NEOS is available in pink...

AKTexas
07-28-2010, 08:05 PM
IIRC the Beretta NEOS is available in pink...

The grip panels are replaceable?

ltorlo64
07-28-2010, 08:26 PM
http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/Pink-Mos-detail-L.jpg

I am partial to the Mosquito, and I think this color scheme looks pretty cool. Maybe my daughter would like one.

AKTexas
07-28-2010, 08:34 PM
http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/Pink-Mos-detail-L.jpg

I am partial to the Mosquito, and I think this color scheme looks pretty cool. Maybe my daughter would like one.

She would be all over that one.

ltorlo64
07-28-2010, 09:02 PM
She would be all over that one.

You should be able to get one for about $250-$300. The cool thing is they are a 90% sized replica of a P226. So, when you are ready for that centerfire, she will already know what this one feels like and how it operates.

AKTexas
07-28-2010, 09:05 PM
You should be able to get one for about $250-$300. The cool thing is they are a 90% sized replica of a P226. So, when you are ready for that centerfire, she will already know what this one feels like and how it operates.

Yeah that is good price.Don't know about a full size sig I do not even own one yet.

ltorlo64
07-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Yeah that is good price.Don't know about a full size sig I do not even own one yet.

Neither to do, but I can dream!

I should put it that the mags are a bit expensive, so you have to look for good sales. CDNN has had some recently for about $25 each. That is really the only think I have found that I don't like.

awp101
07-28-2010, 09:23 PM
The grip panels are replaceable?
I don't know. It's been a few years since I had one.

I had a Mosquito and wasn't impressed. I don't remember why, it just didn't grab me after the new wore off. I don't know that I'd get a P22 either.

FWIW, I've owned all three at one point or another. I grabbed the first NEOS I could find when they came out (2002-03). It had a transfer bar issue and wouldn't let the trigger reset. Beretta took care of it (took over two months though) and actually replaced it. I sold the replacement as soon as I got it and moved on.

AFA the SIG like I said, I don't know WHY I didn't care for it after the new wore off.

I made sure to get the updated P22 (-A revision mags IIRC) but after a while it just felt too, I dunno, toy like.

Through it all, the one .22 pistol that has stayed with me is the Browning Buckmark. I don't know if they're available in pink though...:lool: I AM considering another NEOS at some point though.

AKTexas
07-28-2010, 11:35 PM
We looked at the Neos,she said "OOOOOHHH Daddy I like that!"

We looked at the Sig,she said "OOOOOHHH Daddy I like that!"

We looked at the Ruger,she said "OOOOOHHH Daddy I like that!"

We looked at the Buckmark,she said "OOOOOHHH Daddy I like that!"

We looked at the Walther,she said "OOOOOHHH Daddy I like that!"

Then she went all girly on me and said "Daddy I want a James Avery charm bracelet."

I was not prepared for her to go all full blown woman on me this soon.Guess I have to pick one pistol and a charm bracelet and charms.

She really really liked the Buckmark Stainless camper.

ltorlo64
07-29-2010, 06:04 AM
We looked at the Neos,she said "OOOOOHHH Daddy I like that!"

We looked at the Sig,she said "OOOOOHHH Daddy I like that!"

We looked at the Ruger,she said "OOOOOHHH Daddy I like that!"

We looked at the Buckmark,she said "OOOOOHHH Daddy I like that!"

We looked at the Walther,she said "OOOOOHHH Daddy I like that!"

Then she went all girly on me and said "Daddy I want a James Avery charm bracelet."

I was not prepared for her to go all full blown woman on me this soon.Guess I have to pick one pistol and a charm bracelet and charms.

She really really liked the Buckmark Stainless camper.

Yeah, they do that. Get her what she wants, as long as it is quality. I have heard very good things about the Buckmarks. That would serve both ends.

Zygomatic
07-29-2010, 10:46 AM
My daughter is 14 and shoots bullseye with me. She uses a Ruger MKII 22/45 because the thinner grip fits her hand well. I use a 22/45 with with some grip panels installed to thicken it up a bit.

AKTexas
07-29-2010, 12:22 PM
My daughter is 14 and shoots bullseye with me. She uses a Ruger MKII 22/45 because the thinner grip fits her hand well. I use a 22/45 with with some grip panels installed to thicken it up a bit.

She was leaning toward the MK III 22/45 and get some pink 1911 grips but she is a smart kid and she knows we don't have a Browning handgun...So Buckmark might be the one.

Stock photo: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/Ber%20Neos.jpg

Scratch that she wants the Neos now,typical girl.Found one at Bud's for $249.00 free shipping and my buddy only charges $20 for transfer.