PDA

View Full Version : Not C&R but what the hell......

oldstyle244
02-22-2011, 07:52 PM
I just picked up two toks, and plenty of ammo, so when I saw the Polish PPS43 in Tok; I went ahead and ordered it

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/pps43-pis.aspx

I just picked it up today, so havent had a chance to fire it yet, but immediate observations are mixed; the gun itself is in great shape, however, the folding stock is welded shut and the paperwork includes states that they welded it shut, but I don't see any mention of that on the website, I assumed it would just be a folding stock. It came with 4 magazines, one is marked test fired and looks pretty good the other three are pretty rusty, so I will clean them up, the paperwork enclosed only guarantees that the one that was test fired will work; that seems kind of fishy to me

So I guess once I get it to the range I will be able to decide if it was a good purchase, that wont be for a few weeks at best

Solidus-snake
02-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Hope you can get a range report in soon, I was given the choice of this or a new guitar for valentines day and went with a guitar, lettin these be tested out before I try one.

If the stock wasnt welded, it would be a SBR and therefore a NFA item requiring you do the ATF's song and dance. Sucks to hear the mags are rusty, least they coulda done is touched em up for you.

As I said, lookin forward to feedback on this one.

oldstyle244
02-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Hope you can get a range report in soon, I was given the choice of this or a new guitar for valentines day and went with a guitar, lettin these be tested out before I try one.

If the stock wasnt welded, it would be a SBR and therefore a NFA item requiring you do the ATF's song and dance. Sucks to hear the mags are rusty, least they coulda done is touched em up for you.

As I said, lookin forward to feedback on this one.

That makes sense, once I get a chance to take it out, I will let you know how it handles, waiting might be a good thing, I jumped on the Suomi semis a year or two ago and although I LOVE that one, you can grab them for $100-$150 cheaper now than when I grabbed mine. Still considering getting a sterling, but one gun at a time....

Hope the guitar works for you, I used to play bass, 20+ years ago (damn I am old) in a band (wanted to be the next Cliff Burton) and swear one day I will get another one, just to make pictures vibrate off the walls of the house, LOL, but never really got serious about playing anymore

oldstyle244
04-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Finally got to take it out to a deer lease, not so sure about accuracy, as I just let her rip, but 50 rounds at a time I was doing rapid fair and never had an issue, no recoil and a blast to take to the hip and throw brass!