View Full Version : Lucky Soldier!

aliceinchains
02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Keep an eye on his hat.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3f8_1298548424

Mark Ducati
02-24-2011, 07:07 PM
What the?

You kidding me? I'd be asking for the back row next time!

Helen Keller
02-24-2011, 07:09 PM
blank.. but he didnt even flinch.

rahatlakhoom
02-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Simple muzzle blast. Refreshing.
:bull:

Sidartha
02-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Blanks are not safe at that range.
I certainly would not want one going off that close to my brainstem.

JTHunter
02-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Blanks are not safe at that range.
I certainly would not want one going off that close to my brainstem.

It was nearly 30 years ago but a young actor by the name of Jon Erik Hexum was killed on the set of his show "Voyagers" when he was goofing around with a blank pistol for an upcoming scene and Hexum was shot in the side of the head.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382149/

Oswald Bastable
02-25-2011, 01:55 AM
It was nearly 30 years ago but a young actor by the name of Jon Erik Hexum was killed on the set of his show "Voyagers" when he was goofing around with a blank pistol for an upcoming scene and Hexum was shot in the side of the head.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382149/

A similar incident killed Brandon Lee (son of martial arts expert Bruce Lee) while on the set and near the end of filming for the movie "The Crow". During a stunt involving a blank firing gun he was hit and later died.

mriddick
02-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Hexum put a blank pistol to his head and pulled the trigger, the blast pushed a piece of skull through his brain killing him. Lee was killed when someone forgot to remove the fake bullets used for head on movie views and loaded a shorter blank behind it.

Schuetzenman
02-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Hexum used a 44 magnum to blow his brains out. The theatrical blanks are formulated to put out a huge fireball. That equals huge burning gases.

Brandon Lee died in North Carolina at a film studio outside of Wilmington. What happened to him was not from a blank firing weapon, it was from a real weapon that was loaded with blank cartridges. The specifics are that for photo angles where the cylinder on the revolver would be facing the camera they put cartridges in the revolver that have bullets but no powder or primer. Evidently a bullet came out of a round and fell into the forcing cone of the revolver and went un noticed.

Later the weapon was loaded with nice big muzzle flash producing blanks. Then an actor was handed the gun to use in the shooting scene where Lee was up on a table in the gang hideout. About 20 guys open up on him as the Crow. One of the actors actually points the revolver at him and touches off a shot. The charge for the blank shoved the lead bullet stuck in the forcing cone out of the barrel probably at full speed for a normal cartridge striking Brandon Lee.

Lee's reaction to being shot was initially thought to be "Great Acting" until the sound man heard him through his head set say "help me I'm shot" or words to that effect. Only then did anybody on the set figure out he was shot.