PDA

View Full Version : Feather AT-22

alismith
02-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Does anyone have any experience with a Feather AT-22? I have a chance to get one. The guy is asking $400 for it and 4-20 rnd. mags, scope, and carry bag. I checked on various gun sites and the going price is anywhere from $375-$475. He's had it a number of years and says he bought it at a gun show when he lived in Arizona. It's a green color (not sure if it's factory painted, or not, but I've never heard of a green one). The mags match the color of the gun. He says the only thing he sees on it that isn't "standard" is that the owner had drilled a hole in the receiver to slide a pin into to keep the bolt from cycling so he could shoot sub-sonic loads in. With the pin, it's single shot; but works semi-auto when the pin is removed.

Before I go and look at it, I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

AKTexas
02-24-2011, 10:20 PM
I have read many bad things about all the feather brands,failing extractors,hard to get replacement parts.

I was looking to get a compact pistol caliber carbine that took Glock mags,feather was an option because they make one in .45 ACP and takes Glock 21 mags.

AK again
02-24-2011, 11:25 PM
I owned an AT-22 back in the mid-90's. It was a neat little rifle, at least in concept, but the plastic front sight broke. It'd be a simple rifle on which to install some rails.
I'd have liked to SBR it, but I lived in WA at the time.
Things to think about (they may have upgraded things, I don't know):
The mag release is the same plastic as the easy-breaking front sight.
Magazines are proprietary, and only 20 rounds.
Accuracy isn't anything to write home about.

ljbain
07-10-2011, 12:22 PM
I had one years ago and had alot of fun with it. As for blinking it was the best. I'm a woman and hung out with my husband and all his friends, My AT and I outshoot alll of them. I sorry to say gave it to my oldest son and he sold it right after the ban went into affect. I want another one!!

imanaknut
07-10-2011, 12:31 PM
First, welcome to the group, ljbain !!! :welcome:

Feather custom made their rifles, so you could get virtually any color you wanted as long as you were willing to pay for it. I don't have the .22 version, but I do have the 9mm that takes modified Uzi mags and so far it has been a fun rifle. I bought mine as a gift to my daughter a long time ago, and had it built in a Candy Apple Red. Gets a lot of attention at the range!!!!

Again, don't know much about the .22, but our 9mm has been a nice rifle.

Feather Industries is still in business, so I can't see any problem if parts are needed.