PDA

View Full Version : Range Night

printerman
07-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Markham Park on wednesday nights is about the only place left in Broward county that you can shoot 100 yards . Picked up my friends after work and carted on out there . Never shot a Mauser before , it was great ! Very nice feel and accurate as hell . Shot a Luger , points at target very naturally but magazines kinda stiff going in . Very interesting feel ! Friend had Saiga 12 gauge , lots of fun ! Seems to hang up on feed ramp (just guessing) but did solve problem with gas plugs ( 4 kinds) . Shot several cases !! Had blast with AK (pun intended) Shot 50 yards with open sights (Krebs aperture rear sight and KNS crosshair front sight) and couldn't believe my groups ! Consistent 2" every time (well almost every time) Now , it's true only 50 yards but thats cool for open sights and each person did well . Then I put on my scope ! The 3x brought the image in much closer and it shot to point of aim ! The same 2" groups and it was cool . Don't know why I left it with point of aim but I wasn't complaining . Ran out of time with so many people , so we never went out to 100 yards . Should set up with maybe couple of inches high at 100 , but I'll dial it soon . Anyway it's good to get out there and get the fever again .