PDA

View Full Version : Not 45 ACP ammo

Richard Simmons
02-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Got a flyer this week from Samco Global and they are selling 45 HP which looks like 45 ACP but with a 1mm longer case. They say it can't be fired from a standard 45 ACP barrel but you can get a converion barrel. Was wondering if it would work OK in a 45ACP revolver?

http://www.samcoglobal.com/Ammo-45.html

It's about $3.00 a box cheaper than what I can get 45 ACP ball at Walmart, of course that's before shipping. Figuring 20 boxes to a 1000rd case that $60 difference. If shipping were reasonable, say $20-$30 it would be like getting 2 boxes free, of course I could only use it in my revolvers. As far as reloading goes I wonder if you could just trim the cases and reload them like regular 45 ACP?

If it will work in a revolver and especially if your near southern FL it might be a pretty good deal depending on how it performs.

FunkyPertwee
02-28-2011, 10:22 AM
That's still a lot to invest in ammo you can't use in all your .45 chambered pistols.

Richard Simmons
02-28-2011, 10:40 AM
That's still a lot to invest in ammo you can't use in all your .45 chambered pistols.

Yes and no. I've got two pistols in 45 ACP and two revolvers in 45 ACP. It would be nice if it worked in both but just having ammo strictly for my revolvers wouldn't be much different than those folks who purchase and or reload 45 Auto Rim.

FunkyPertwee
02-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Sure. Its just that part of the attraction I have to .45 is due to it being a commonly used caliber.

I use 9mm and .45acp as my primary handgun calibers because of widespread compatibility.