PDA

View Full Version : New From the Man That Wrote Red Dawn.

Focused Gunfire
03-01-2011, 11:46 PM
I was watching Top Shot when an advert came on for this. Thought you might be interested. Seems that SHTF is becoming more accepted in the main stream. Maybe subconsciously people are starting to see things are not stable, like the dollar.

From Wiki

Homefront is set in a near future America in 2027 when a nuclear-armed Korean People's Army invades the USA. The game is written by John Milius, who co-wrote Apocalypse Now and wrote Red Dawn. The beginning gameplay is reportedly set in Montrose, Colorado.

One of the major portions of the story arc is built around not only the growth of the North Korean forces over the years leading to the year 2027 (the year in which the game takes place), but also the economic downfall of the United States of America, and the unrest that seems to grip the nation before the invasion.

Homefront is speculative fiction, set in a near-future, post peak oil world that features a significantly declined United States, and a united Korea that has built a massive alliance in East Asia. The Gate Corporation (a major private military company) also plays a minor role. The game focuses on the collapse of the United States, subsequent occupation by the Greater Korean Republic - a united Korea under the rule of North Korea - and the American Resistance that fights said occupation. The player is invited to join the American resistance, "using guerrilla tactics, commandeering military vehicles, and utilizing advanced drone technology", but the player may join the North Korean Forces as well but only in multiplayer matches. The game will also feature vehicle based 32 player online warfare using dedicated servers. The game is planned to ship on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

A trailer and a teaser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkbkOKGqh-I&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTt2zv3Jwe0&feature=pyv&ad=8532013422&kw=homefront

Partisan1983
03-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Looks awesome !!!

I'm thinking this will be my next PS3 game.

Tiredofit
03-02-2011, 09:10 PM
It's on reserve and I can't wait!

Meat-Hook
03-02-2011, 11:11 PM
1st link looks like a video game. 2nd link looks like movie?

It looks good.

John Milius wrote a ton of movie stuff. Magnum Force, ect, ect, ect.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Milius

if only this was a movie.

They need to turn this into a movie ASAP.

Meat-Hook
03-03-2011, 02:29 AM
to promote "Homefront",.....the makers released 10,000 red ballons which descended into the San Francisco Bay thus annoying enviromentalists.

lol!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/03/02/MNU11I2LER.DTL

Since the game is set in a near-future where the United States is invaded by nuclear-armed troops from North Korea, the company staged a mock lunchtime rally at Yerba Buena Gardens where the game's supporters, in the words of the company's press release, "will take to the streets to demonstrate against the North Korean regime and the treatment of its citizens."

Partisan1983
03-03-2011, 02:54 AM
to promote "Homefront",.....the makers released 10,000 red ballons which descended into the San Francisco Bay thus annoying enviromentalists.

lol!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/03/02/MNU11I2LER.DTL

Since the game is set in a near-future where the United States is invaded by nuclear-armed troops from North Korea, the company staged a mock lunchtime rally at Yerba Buena Gardens where the game's supporters, in the words of the company's press release, "will take to the streets to demonstrate against the North Korean regime and the treatment of its citizens."

GOOD LORD !!!

Did you read some of those comments posted by the barbarians of the left ...errr... I mean wrong...dammit, I mean west cost (ya that's it)........what a sad "State"......the older I get, the more I understand why Rome fell....

tank_monkey
03-03-2011, 03:23 AM
1st link looks like a video game. 2nd link looks like movie?

Uh, not even close. The 'graphics' of the explosions were poor even by Video Game Standards. VGs today often create 'mini stories' with live actors for the interim or introductory segments. That particular scene where the boys see the Backfire Bombers dropping large but conventional bombs on SLC was kinda crappy in quality. now if they do something on the order of magnitude of BATTLE LOS ANGELES level of special effects, now THAT will be worth watching! :D

tank_monkey
03-03-2011, 03:25 AM
GOOD LORD !!!

Did you read some of those comments posted by the barbarians of the left ...errr... I mean wrong...dammit, I mean west cost (ya that's it)........what a sad "State"......the older I get, the more I understand why Rome fell....

You see TONS of idiotic postings by Liberals, many times on YAHOO news stories and most of them are NOT from California. I see tons from Atlanta, Texas (of all places), MA, NJ, MD and NY. There are tons of older brain dead liberals in major cities throughout the nation.

Partisan1983
03-03-2011, 03:47 AM
You see TONS of idiotic postings by Liberals, many times on YAHOO news stories and most of them are NOT from California. I see tons from Atlanta, Texas (of all places), MA, NJ, MD and NY. There are tons of older brain dead liberals in major cities throughout the nation.

I'll give you that