PDA

View Full Version : Let's have a thermonuclear war to save the earth !

skipme56
03-02-2011, 11:06 AM
A Small Nuclear War Would Stall Global Warming
LiveScience.com

NASA computer models reveal what a small, regional nuclear war in one part of the world would do to the global climate and environment. The results are grim.

If 100 Hiroshima-sized bombs, each as powerful as 15,000 tons of TNT, were exchanged in a war between two developing-world nuclear powers such as India and Pakistan, models show the resulting fires would send five million metric tons of black carbon into the upper troposphere - the lowest-altitude layer of the atmosphere.

There, the soot would absorb solar heat and rise like a hot-air balloon, reaching heights from which it would not easily settle back to the ground.

In the shade of this carbon shield, Earth would cool. "The effects would [lead] to unprecedented climate change," said NASA physical scientist Luke Oman at a meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science last week. Oman's and his colleagues' models show that for two to three years after a regional nuclear war, average global temperatures would drop by at least 2.25 degrees F (1.25 degrees C), and as much as 5.4 to 7.2 degrees F (3 to 4 degrees C) in the tropics, Europe, Asia and Alaska.

But the reversal of the global warming trend wouldn't be a good thing. "Our results suggest that agriculture could be severely impacted, especially in areas that are susceptible to late-spring and early-fall frosts," said Oman, who compared the likely post-war crop failures and famines to those that followed the 1815 volcanic eruption of Mount Tambora in Indonesia.

Additionally, the models showed global precipitation would reduce by 10 percent globally for one to four years, and the ozone layer would thin, resulting in an influx of dangerous ultraviolet radiation. These results confirm predictions made previously by researchers at the University of Colorado, Boulder.

One hundred Hiroshima-sized bombs make up a mere 0.03 percent of the worldwide nuclear weapons arsenal.

1 Patriot-of-many
03-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Sounds like a good idea. Lets start with Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan and Iran

jojo
03-02-2011, 11:49 AM
I am reluctant to believe anything published by the "experts" lately as they all have an agenda and are basically looking for funding or monetary gain in some fashion. However I am not against ridding ourselves of the dune koons in whatever manner it takes.

Would be much easier to shut down all international traffic to the Middle East and introduce a biological agent. Then the only ones left to complain would be in Europe and North America at which point we euthanize them. (With compassion of course)

coppertales
03-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Israel once too many times, it will happen........The world lived through all the above ground testing in the 40s and 50s and we all lived. So much BS. The bombs are much smaller now due to the more accurate delivery systems......chris3

Solidus-snake
03-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Sounds a hella lot like some of these researchers are part of the whatever its called group that wants to kill off humans to save the Earth..

1 Patriot-of-many
03-02-2011, 05:21 PM
I am reluctant to believe anything published by the "experts" lately as they all have an agenda and are basically looking for funding or monetary gain in some fashion. However I am not against ridding ourselves of the dune koons in whatever manner it takes.

Yes but without experiments it's pretty hard to prove science. I say we go for it.

Oswald Bastable
03-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Yes but without experiments it's pretty hard to prove science. I say we go for it.

Let's not forget Pakistan and Libya. But we need to use Neutron warheads so we can move in quickly afterward to take up the oil production. :)

Dr. Gonzo GED
03-02-2011, 09:41 PM
It's all fun and games until you inhale one of those billions of tiny dust particles floating down from a nuclear winter sky. Might find yourself with a worse outcome than coastal flooding in the long term...

Oswald Bastable
03-02-2011, 10:45 PM
It's all fun and games until you inhale one of those billions of tiny dust particles floating down from a nuclear winter sky. Might find yourself with a worse outcome than coastal flooding in the long term...

Actually, it's all fun and games until you have to clean up the mess. And as we all know, liberals never clean up the mess.

Dr. Gonzo GED
03-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Actually, it's all fun and games until you have to clean up the mess. And as we all know, liberals never clean up the mess.
Having lived with dirty hippies, and seen the condition of their kitchen, I can whole heartedly second this statement.

Oswald Bastable
03-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Having lived with dirty hippies, and seen the condition of their kitchen, I can whole heartedly second this statement.

No doubt the brownies were to die for, though. :D

Dr. Gonzo GED
03-03-2011, 12:59 AM
No doubt the brownies were to die for, though. :D
I wish but they were those killjoy hippies that take themselves too seriously. No fun, no sense of humor, looking for something to take offense at in every setence spoken to them. Between you and me, they could have used a brownie or two. Maybe ythey would have relaxed enough to pass that stick in their sphincter... O.o

Krupski
03-03-2011, 01:59 AM
Israel once too many times, it will happen........The world lived through all the above ground testing in the 40s and 50s and we all lived. So much BS. The bombs are much smaller now due to the more accurate delivery systems......chris3

There's already too much plutonium oxide and strontium 90 in the environment... I don't need to breathe any more.

Look at graphs over the past 100 years... smoking has gone down, lung cancer has shot upwards... especially after 1945. Care to guess why?

Krupski
03-03-2011, 02:01 AM

Yup... that's all it takes. One atom of 90Sr ingested... and deposited in bone (because the body thinks it's calcium) then it sits there emitting beta radiation into the surrounding cells. Cancer soon follows... :(

old Grump
03-03-2011, 01:20 PM
A Small Nuclear War Would Stall Global Warming
LiveScience.com
What makes you think we have global warming and what makes you think the earth won't cool down with the next cooling cycle of the sun without destroying ourselves. I'm not ready to give up the field to the cockroaches yet and that's all that would be left in your scenario.

Krupski
03-03-2011, 01:38 PM
What makes you think we have global warming and what makes you think the earth won't cool down with the next cooling cycle of the sun without destroying ourselves. I'm not ready to give up the field to the cockroaches yet and that's all that would be left in your scenario.

"Global Warming" is the latest fad. Kinda like the 1970's.... "You are the solution to pollution" and "Give a hoot, don't pollute"... remember those?

Yes, the planet is getting slightly warmer (due to solar activity). Infrared images of Mars and Uranus and Neptune all show increasing temperatures there too.

I doubt OTHER PLANETS are warming up because of our CO2 and cow farts.

And the earth has been MUCH warmer in the past (as well as colder) than it is now. "Global Warming" is a big to-do about nothing.

Besides, carbon isn't much of a greenhouse gas anyway. Water in gas form (steam) and in liquid form (clouds) are TREMENDOUSLY greater greenhouse canopies than carbon.

It's all a scam... scare people into paying "carbon taxes" and using those stupid, horrible CFL light bulbs. I wonder how long it will be before good old incandescent lamps will be expensive and rare pre-ban items?

swampdragon
03-03-2011, 10:15 PM
"Global Warming" is the latest fad. Kinda like the 1970's.... "You are the solution to pollution" and "Give a hoot, don't pollute"... remember those?

Yes, the planet is getting slightly warmer (due to solar activity). Infrared images of Mars and Uranus and Neptune all show increasing temperatures there too.

I doubt OTHER PLANETS are warming up because of our CO2 and cow farts.

And the earth has been MUCH warmer in the past (as well as colder) than it is now. "Global Warming" is a big to-do about nothing.

Besides, carbon isn't much of a greenhouse gas anyway. Water in gas form (steam) and in liquid form (clouds) are TREMENDOUSLY greater greenhouse canopies than carbon.

It's all a scam... scare people into paying "carbon taxes" and using those stupid, horrible CFL light bulbs. I wonder how long it will be before good old incandescent lamps will be expensive and rare pre-ban items?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Swampdragon/bc1d8c8c.jpg

Crying Indian arrested today for attempting to murder Woodsy Owl.
Indian was reported saying," The lil fucker kept saying "Give a Hoot...Don't Pollute," yet still refused to stop crapping on my car.
He was really pissing me off...."

old Grump
03-04-2011, 01:38 AM
I doubt OTHER PLANETS are warming up because of our CO2 and cow farts.Hate to bust a cherished bubble but the other planets warm up and cool down the same time as ours does and they don't have any cows farting on them. Another fine conspiracy busted.

swampdragon
03-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Hate to bust a cherished bubble but the other planets warm up and cool down the same time as ours does and they don't have any cows farting on them. Another fine conspiracy busted.

How do you know?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/Swampdragon/ad812299.jpg

GREETINGS...I Have come to fart on your planet in peace.