PDA

View Full Version : IL Attorney General orders release of "private info"

JTHunter
03-02-2011, 04:49 PM
I posted this information in the "Politics" forum but I wanted to be sure this info was seen by as many as possible.
Some of you have already had some experience with this problem, so your help would be appreciated.
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?7587-IL-AG-to-release-gun-registration-info

This was reported on KMOX Radio this morning, so I contacted A.G. Lisa Madigan's office in the Belleville area.

They transferred me to "Constituent Services" in Springfield. I was told that their phone number there is 217-782-9394 and I talked with a Mr. Mike Matulis.

He explained that the Associated Press request does follow "case law" and is a legitimate request. He also informed me that he does believe that the ISP intends to fight this in the courts. He also informed me that there is at least one bill (possibly two) in the State House that would amend the law to KEEP the FOID records "non-public".

Mr. Matulis suggested that we contact all the politicians we can, even if they are not our own, to urge them to support these measures.

Here is the home page for the AG's office. There is a "Contact Us" link at the top right.
http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/

TEN-32
03-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Thankfully the Illinois State Police is fighting this. They issue and maintain FOID card data. She says that the "public has a right to know". I think she is a bit confused about what constitutes a right.

"keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is an example of a right.

RottenII
03-02-2011, 06:45 PM
And here I thought we had the biggest asshole AG right here in NY with Eric Schniederman and his Microstamping quest. I think the Illinois libtard might have us beat....

blacksheep
03-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Lisa Madigan is the daughter of the speaker of the house Mike Madigan, two shit stains that need to be tared and feathered and run out of Springfield on a rail.:whatever::whatever:

TEN-32
03-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Mike Madigan runs this state.

JTHunter
03-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Madigan, Daley, "et. al." All of those DAM-ocrats have their hand in the till.