PDA

View Full Version : SOMALI CRUISES: Cruise along Africa's east coast!

HDR
03-03-2011, 06:35 PM
This came in my email and I thought it was a joke so I looked and.....

nope not a joke. LOL

Africa Coast Cruise Package

I was reading a magazine and found an Africa coast cruise package that departs from Sawakin (in the Sudan ) and docks at Bagamoya (in Tanzania ). The cost is a bit high @ US$800 per person per day (double occupancy) but I didn't find that offensive.

What I found most enticing is that the cruise company is encouraging people to bring their own 'high powered weapons' along on the cruise. If you don't have weapons you can rent them right there on the boat. They
claim to have a master gunsmith on board and will have reloading parties every afternoon. The cruise lasts from 4-8 days and nights and costs a maximum of $3200 per person double occupancy (4 days paid, but up to 8 days cruise time).

All the boat does is sail up and down the coast of Somalia waiting to get hijacked by pirates. Here are some of the costs and claims associated with the package.

$800.00 US/per day double occupancy (4 day max billing)

M-16 full auto rental $25.00/day, ammo available at 100 rounds of 5.56 ball ammo at $15.95

AK-47 rifle @ No Charge, ammo available at 100 rounds of 7.62 "communist block" ball ammo at $14.95

Barrett M-107 .50 cal sniper rifle rental $55.00/day, ammo available at 25 rounds .50 cal armor piercing at $29.95

Crew members can double as spotters for $30.00 per hour (spotting scope and laser range finder included).

They even offer RPG's at $75 rental fee and $200 for 3 standard HE rounds.

"Everyone gets use of free, complimentary night vision equipment and coffee and snacks on the top deck from 7pm-6am.

Meals are not included, but seem reasonably priced.

Most cruises offer a mini-bar... these gung ho entrepreneurs offer......... get this...... "MOUNTED MINIGUN AVAILABLE @ $450.00 per 30 seconds of sustained fire"

Sign my arse up!

They advertise group rates and corporate discounts......and even claim "FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY"

They even offer a partial money back guarantee if not satisfied....here's some text from the ad.

"We guarantee that you will experience at least two hijacking attempts by pirates or we will refund back half your money including gun rental charges and any unused ammo (mini gun charges not included). How can we
guarantee you will experience a hijacking? We operate at 5 knots within 12 miles of the coast of Somalia . If an attempted Hijacking does not occur we will turn the boat around and cruise by at 4 knots. We will repeat this for up to 8 days making three passes a day along the entire length of Somalia . At night the boat is fully lit and bottle rockets are shot off at intervals and loud disco music beamed shore side to attract attention. Cabin space is limited so respond quickly. Reserve your package before April 30 and get 100 rounds of free tracer ammo in the caliber of your choice."

http://www.somalicruises.com/

aliceinchains
03-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I heard about this a month ago from a coworker. And thought it was bogus until now.

Thanks for posting this . Sounds like fun to me.:thumbsup:

Integratedj
03-03-2011, 07:58 PM
They honestly need to do that. The Somali problem is one with a very easy solution. It just doesn't get done because world leaders are fucking pussies.

HDR
03-03-2011, 09:00 PM
They honestly need to do that. The Somali problem is one with a very easy solution. It just doesn't get done because world leaders are fucking pussies.

They care too much about what others think.

Send an Iowa Class with a "hijack this" sign.

Warthogg
03-03-2011, 10:28 PM
I heard about this a month ago from a coworker. And thought it was bogus until now.

Thanks for posting this . Sounds like fun to me.:thumbsup:

I heard about this last year and still think it is bogus.

Wart

Warthogg
03-03-2011, 10:32 PM
"Six attacks in 4 days was more than I expected. I bagged three pirates and my 12yr old son sank two rowboats with the minigun. PIRATES: 0 - PASSENGERS: 32! Well worth the trip. Just make sure your spotter speaks English" -- Donald, Salt Lake city Utah USA

LMAO !!

Wart

Prometheus168
03-04-2011, 12:00 AM
If this is not a joke I say we get a Gunsnet.net trip together and go..... Maybe get a package deal discount!

Rusty

old Grump
03-04-2011, 02:10 AM
Hmmm, what to take, what to take? I wonder if there is a limit on how many guns you can bring and if they will have common ammo like M118, 300 Wby, 7MM Rem Mag, ah the heck with it, the old M1 Garand will have to do:biggrina:

Mark Ducati
03-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Looks like a fun cruise.... "Plenty of Targets"? http://www.somalicruises.com/img/mothership.jpg

Can they guarantee targets? I don't want to get out there and only shoot water! hahahaha

Integratedj
03-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Seriously? Every one go back and look over the page very carefully. It's a fucking joke. There is no way any private company would get away with doing something like this without half of the worlds pussies having them arrested, and the population of Somalia would have seen a noticeable shrinking. The page is for laughs, kind of like "The Onion" is.
Good idea that I would fully take part in if it was real? Absolutely.
The Real deal solution we really need? Not a fucking chance.

btcave
03-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Huh. Kinda sounds like one of our members might have went on the cruise...

"I haven't had this much fun since flying choppers in NAM . Don't worry about getting shot by pirates as they never even got close to the ship with those weapons they use and their shitty aim--reminds me of a drunken'juicer' door gunner we picked up from the motor pool back in Nam" -- 'chopper' Dan, Toledo USA.

TomO
03-04-2011, 09:13 AM
I heard about this last year and still think it is bogus.

Wart

Seriously? Every one go back and look over the page very carefully. It's a fucking joke. There is no way any private company would get away with doing something like this without half of the worlds pussies having them arrested, and the population of Somalia would have seen a noticeable shrinking. The page is for laughs, kind of like "The Onion" is.
Good idea that I would fully take part in if it was real? Absolutely.
The Real deal solution we really need? Not a fucking chance.

Agreed....totally bogus.

But oh, how I wish it was for real. I'd take out a loan if I had to.

shorthair
03-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Weapons like guns are not allowed by civilians on the High Seas. Isn't that right?:gruebel:

mrkalashnikov
03-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Unreal. I would love to try out the rental minigun on some Somali pirate trawlers. After the pirates had been safely evacuated, of course. [cough]

:fighter2::fighter2::fighter2:

mrkalashnikov
03-04-2011, 11:29 AM
:laughingtohard:

Lol, I just read the "testimonials". Yeah it's a gag but a damn funny one. Could be straight outta The Onion!

Penguin
03-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Funny it has to be a joke though I can't imagine some one getting away with it. Even more if some one did actually do this it would be all over the news telling us how horible they were. Good idea though. Also if it was real I would imagine that news of which boat it was would get out quick and no pirates would dare get any where close to it.

Dr. Gonzo GED
03-04-2011, 04:12 PM
They care too much about what others think.

Send an Iowa Class with a "hijack this" sign.

Dude, you're awesome!

AKTexas
03-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Sounds like a real vacation.

HDR
03-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Weapons like guns are not allowed by civilians on the High Seas. Isn't that right?:gruebel:

Some cruise ships offer trap shooting?

old Grump
03-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Some cruise ships offer trap shooting?
So my 10 gauge would be allowed if we told them it was a cruise ship and we were going skeet and trap shooting. That would be about $1500 for 500 slugs, I already have a case of #3 and half a case each of 00 and #4 shot. Sign me up. :shootski:

Can you use M72 LAW's for skeet and trap, a crate of them could be handy if you like that sort of thing. Yeah, yeah, I'm a dinosaur, so sue me for being old school.

skatedcshoes
03-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Wonder if they give the family a refund if one of the family members die. I wish ammo prices were that low though.