PDA

View Full Version : Reloading Space (skatedcshoes' post)

skatedcshoes
03-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I want to start reloading, but I have no experience so would not know where to start and what to buy first. How much room is necessary to reload? I wouldn't make to much room before I got into it little more. And what kind of press would be good to start? I probably would want to reload 7.62X39 considering thats what I shoot the most at this time.

abpt1
03-02-2011, 10:14 PM
I want to start reloading, but I have no experience so would not know where to start and what to buy first. How much room is necessary to reload? I wouldn't make to much room before I got into it little more. And what kind of press would be good to start? I probably would want to reload 7.62X39 considering thats what I shoot the most at this time.
I dont reload x39 the big claw exctator just eats brass but thats just me ...room here you go !

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/abpt1/Reloading/100_2462-2.jpg

skatedcshoes
03-05-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks abpt. I saw the thread with pictures of everyones reloading areas. It gave me a very good idea about the space needed. I wouldn't have too big of an area anyways but for what I want to reload, it wont have to be a large setup.

btcave
03-05-2011, 08:44 PM
I reload in a room not much bigger than a walk in closet. Maybe 8x12 feet with the hot water heater, the reloading bench and some shelving taking up much of the floorspace. RCBS reloader kit is what my wife got me for Christmas in 2007.

aliceinchains
03-05-2011, 08:44 PM
You can reload on you kithen table like i use to. A single stage is the way to start until you get your shit squared away.

skatedcshoes
03-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys. I looked on Ebay to see what they had and prices. I also looked at some reviews for single stage press and came across the Lee reloader single stage which seems like a popular decent press. I just got ahold of a friend who has 2 MEC shotshell reloader and another one that is smaller than the MEC he don't know the name but said I could have all 3 and the equipment that he has for them for $200 because he don't know anything about them and wont ever use them.

HDR
03-05-2011, 09:25 PM
RCBS reloader kit is what my wife got me for Christmas in 2007.

Great present and they are a good press; as mine is about forty years old they last also. :D