PDA

View Full Version : My Birthday present...

nfa1934
03-03-2011, 10:45 PM
My girlfriend is awesome!

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/nfa1934/1299209117.jpg

O.S.O.K.
03-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Well, happy birthday!! Great gift!

JVD
03-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Mmm, scotch.

lucky you and happy Bday.:thumbsup:

Guns Network Staff
03-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Very nice B-Day present....

Good Taste too..... Between that and 24yr and 35 yr Bowmore...

yummy...

Partisan1983
03-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Your a lucky man sir :thumbsup:

I received nothing from my wife.....oh well, I now know what to get her for her B-Day :biggrina:

slamfire51
03-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Your a lucky man sir :thumbsup:

I received nothing from my wife.....oh well, I now know what to get her for her B-Day :biggrina:

Nice BD present. And a belated Happy Birthday.

That's the difference between girl friends and wives.
Just wait until nfa1934 gets married. :crying:
Better enjoy the presents now.

blobman
03-04-2011, 09:03 AM
happy b-day ,waht caliber is that thing:wondering:

renegadebuck
03-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Happy Birthday! The best birthday present I ever received from my wife was a divorce. :D

Bettendorf
03-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Happy Birthday! After this beer I'm drinking now, I'm whipping out some scotch.

Helen Keller
03-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Scotch is one thing I've never tasted.

skatedcshoes
03-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Very nice b-day present.

Mark Ducati
03-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Happy Birthday :)

I've never cared for Scotch though... nor Tequila, until I tried some Tres Generaciones that was aged, that "bite" was not present and it was smooth to sip and drink.

This may sound kind of dumb, but how does an aged scotch taste? Does it lose its bite too and mellow?

Mark Ducati
03-04-2011, 10:05 PM
I saw a "How its Made" episode on TV once dedicated to distilled spirits...

I didn't know that grain they use to ferment alcohol into Scotch is spread on a wooden floor, then the room is heated to dry the grain.... but its specifically heated with "Peat", dug up from Marshes.

Is that what gives Scotch its unique taste? That's what the show implied.

Partisan1983
03-04-2011, 10:19 PM
I love scotch !!!!!

Thanks to my dad, I have been able to try some very expensive shit. I'm waiting for him to finally open one that he brought back from his Duty trips to England. He picked up a fifth for $300 there that sells for $800 here. I wish I could remember what it exactly is.

Warthogg
03-04-2011, 10:20 PM

I've never cared for Scotch though... nor Tequila, until I tried some Tres Generaciones that was aged, that "bite" was not present and it was smooth to sip and drink.

This may sound kind of dumb, but how does an aged scotch taste? Does it lose its bite too and mellow?

Tastes different from county to county. Glenfiddich is my personal favorite in single malts.

Wart

Warthogg
03-04-2011, 10:24 PM

I've never cared for...........Tequila, until I tried some Tres Generaciones that was aged, that "bite" was not present and it was smooth to sip and drink.

I thought I didn't like port until a steward on an SAS flight from Bangkok to Zurich came out with his special bottle.....sighhhh.

Wart

Schuetzenman
03-04-2011, 10:39 PM
I saw a "How its Made" episode on TV once dedicated to distilled spirits...

I didn't know that grain they use to ferment alcohol into Scotch is spread on a wooden floor, then the room is heated to dry the grain.... but its specifically heated with "Peat", dug up from Marshes.

Is that what gives Scotch its unique taste? That's what the show implied.

Yes that is one of the major differences and what influences the taste of Scotch over Amercian made whisky. It tastes different distillery to distillery because of water and environment for the yeast plus differences in how one distillery preps the grains and the ratios of the components. IT all effects the taste. Single malts are not blended Scotches and each has it's own taste as pointed out. You will also see blended Scotch and blended whiskeys. These are products that combine mulitiple distilleries products that are blended together in set proportions to homogonize the flavor of the product.

Jack Daniels is not a Scotch Whiskey but is a nonblended Whiskey as such has it's own distinct taste. I like many types of whiskey; Scotch single malts, Jack Daniels Gentleman Jack in particular and Canadians like VO. They all have their own taste and IMO best consumed over the rocks with nothing else in the glass. Sip, savor and enjoy slowly.

Back to the Birthday boy, congrats nfa1934! Say ... you think you could send me 2 ozs. ? ;)