PDA

View Full Version : NO US parts

Full Otto
03-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Not a comment on the deal just curious about:

"I have NOT made the rifle US parts compliant."

At least he's honest I've never seen that before. Is that a good idea? Does it matter?

Only a couple hours left
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=218592222

imanaknut
03-05-2011, 05:01 PM
The law says you cannot make a rifle using more than 10 imported parts, but it doesn't say anything about buying one that is not compliant, or any penalties for doing so.

ATF even knows how stupid the parts count rule is, and as long as you don't shove the rifle in their face and brag about it, they seem to not want to know.

This one would be fun to take in front of a judge, and have ATF explain how 10 imported part make a firearm safe, but 11 imported parts make it an evil "assault rifle"!

Full Otto
03-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I guess they're a little busy these days coming up with explanations as it is

awp101
03-05-2011, 07:56 PM
This one would be fun to take in front of a judge, and have ATF explain how 10 imported part make a firearm safe, but 11 imported parts make it an evil "assault rifle"!
My buddy and I have joked about that before. To have an ATF lawyer hold up an original trigger and say "This is illegal" and a US trigger and say "This one is okey dokey" and then have the judge laugh them out of the court room would almost be worth the price of admission. Almost.

We also heard someone comment in a gun shop either just before or just after the AWB sunset: "If they have another AWB, I'm simply not going to play!":lool:

Blacksmith
03-05-2011, 08:19 PM
He is not the manufacturer. He did not build it. He simply changed a few parts.
Sounds like somebody is challenging some bullshit.
I think the guy has a good defense.

Full Otto
03-05-2011, 09:01 PM
That could be. It's not bad but it should have met the reserve by $650 I would think

skatedcshoes
03-05-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm surprised that the MAADI AK47 didn't sell. If (when) I have the extra cash I plan on getting a better rifle than the GP WASR 10 63 UF I have now, but at least I like it and its another to my collection.

imanaknut
03-05-2011, 10:29 PM
I was watching that, but when it hit $650 and the reserve still isn't met, he can keep it. Probably just fishing and set the reserve very high just to see what someone would be willing to pay.