PDA

View Full Version : Let's reinstate Ferd and ban Swampy

Oswald Bastable
03-06-2011, 03:20 AM
I was one of the first to state Ferd should be banished. In fact, I was the first to refer to him as Ferd.

At this point, if the desire is to draw traffic to GN, I say bring back Ferd and ban Swampy.

Ferd was always traffic positive, though intellectually negative.

Swampy is traffic neutral and intellectually effeminate.

Even Ferd was more manly.

What say you?

chiak47
03-06-2011, 03:49 AM
Swampy is traffic neutral

:hitler:
What facts are you basing this lost/slowed traffic due to Swampy on?

FWIW I like swampy but IMO think he needs to spend his retirement in a more positive light and it's sad that this type of discussion is warranted.

swampdragon
03-06-2011, 04:29 AM
What say you?

I say you whine like a bitch and most of those stains on Ferd's mattress must have come from the two of you enjoying your man love while CC was out of town or something.

I can think of quite a few reasons the traffic has slowed here.
I'm not one of them.
If anything, I get people up and talking about stuff.

You do realize it was one of MY threads that set the record here right?
Meanwhile, "your" threads last about 5 posts and then die mostly unnoticed into oblivion.
You're one of the first to almost ALWAYS state something just to hear your own voice.
Sadly, it's usually boring and stupid.

:jerk-n-off::roflwithfeetcv2:

HDR
03-06-2011, 07:03 AM
I say you whine like a bitch and most of those stains on Ferd's mattress must have come from the two of you enjoying your man love while CC was out of town or something.

I'm not one of them.
If anything, I get people up and talking about stuff.

With all the Aye-Ayes were you in the Navy?

You and Gabe, a marriage made in heaven. :lool:

Meanwhile, "your" threads last about 5 posts and then die mostly unnoticed into oblivion.

You don't fit in well when the discussion requires thought, do you.. So you hijack a thread to something you can handle or the lowest possible denominator.

You're one of the first to almost ALWAYS state something just to hear your own voice.
Sadly, it's usually boring and stupid.

That was the best self description I've ever read and it is stupid and boring because it is about you.

swampdragon
03-06-2011, 07:21 AM
With all the Aye-Ayes were you in the Navy?

You and Gabe, a marriage made in heaven. :lool:

You don't fit in well when the discussion requires thought, do you.. So you hijack a thread to something you can handle or the lowest possible denominator.

That was the best self description I've ever read and it is stupid and boring because it is about you.

Zionist/Nazi loving, US Sailor hating, Israel loving Traitor.
Stop stalking me weirdo.

slamfire51
03-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Insanity does need treatment.
Meds don't seem to be helping.

Ferd was more fun in the long run.

mriddick
03-06-2011, 09:11 AM
I have never supported the banning of anyone, I figure you can always block people you don't want to read (I guess that is still a feature isn't it, I really don't do that either :) ).

PBR
03-06-2011, 09:26 AM
I think we should let Ferd back but only allow his to reply to Lefty's posts!

slamfire51
03-06-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm not one of them.

I think a poll may be in order for that one.

Mark Ducati
03-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Diversity here makes this plan... every one of you make me laugh and piss me off from time to time! Hahahaha... I dare say that I piss most of you off too most of the time, yet you tolerate me.

I wouldn't care if Ferd came back, and would actually welcome his won section called "Ferd's World"... like having his own private blog, he says some funny crap and makes the rest of us feel better about ourselves.

What I can't stand are people who maliciously attack others with evil intent in their hearts... as to date, only one member comes to my mind... and that's "CrapShoot".... I don't think he's ever made one positive contribution to this board.

But Gunsnet.net is a home for everyone, and if y'all want mean old junkyard dog to be part of it... okay, I'll just stay out of the junkyard.

samiam
03-06-2011, 09:44 AM
reinstate Ferd? sure why not

ban Swampy? oh hell to the NO!

btcave
03-06-2011, 09:45 AM
How many "Let's ban Swampy" threads is this now?

abpt1
03-06-2011, 09:49 AM
reinstate Ferd? sure why not

ban Swampy? oh hell to the NO!
^
THIS
!

AKTexas
03-06-2011, 09:54 AM
I cannot agree with the banning of someone for having a different point of view.

btcave
03-06-2011, 09:56 AM
...again, BURN THE WITCH!

:firedevil:

:evil-bbq:

chiak47
03-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Ban swampy?
He is the only one who posts at night....Shit half the time he just posts and argues with himself.:amen:

abpt1
03-06-2011, 09:58 AM
...again, BURN THE WITCH!

:firedevil:

:evil-bbq:
lmao ! burn the evil devil loving bitch!

Solidus-snake
03-06-2011, 10:08 AM
If this site gets to this point, where we ban members with differing points of view, then it will become a worthless use of bandwidth that deserves a nice big Swastika slapped onto the banner.

I have not seen any loss of traffic here that could possibly be due to Swamp. If you dont like what he has to say, block him or dont read his threads instead of trying to ban fim like a damn Nazi

mrkalashnikov
03-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Maybe I was in the minority but I always thought Fred Maxwell was pretty funny. People here liked to dogpile him but whenever I was looking for some grins I'd check out his posts. A lot of it was babble but there were some gold nuggets of funny mixed in, too.

abpt1
03-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Maybe I was in the minority but I always thought Fred Maxwell was pretty funny. People here liked to dogpile him but whenever I was looking for some grins I'd check out his posts. A lot of it was babble but there were some gold nuggets of funny mixed in, too.
I agree 100%

Lysander
03-06-2011, 10:29 AM
I cannot agree with the banning of someone for having a different point of view.

Yup.

My sig quote is getting a lot of use these days.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Now, what I would support is Swampy getting a job, because it's obvious he's got way too much free time on his hands. Same thing happened to my dad when he retired at 54. He didn't know what to do with himself. Finally started consulting work and he became a lot more tolerable again.

Guns Network Staff
03-06-2011, 10:35 AM
I was one of the first to state Ferd should be banished. In fact, I was the first to refer to him as Ferd.

At this point, if the desire is to draw traffic to GN, I say bring back Ferd and ban Swampy.

What say you?

Fred is currently not banned. If he came back right now he would have access to all forums and would also have a CLEAN SLATE.

So if you know where he is then by all means let him know.

...and I am not going to ban ANYONE just because they are not liked or liked for that matter. Guns Network has always enjoys diversity where opinion flows.
You can THANK - Mick for that.......

Moebrown20
03-06-2011, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Jha9E8CT8

mrkalashnikov
03-06-2011, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Jha9E8CT8

I think it's funnier to read Ferd's ramblings than to see the real deal. :crazy:

Krupski
03-06-2011, 02:16 PM

What say you?

Bring back The Ferd? Absolutely!

Ban Swampy? For what? Having an opinion different then yours?

Now, concerning the business of Swampy using the word "traitor" in a post to HDR... it's my personal opinion that it was misconstrued. To me it looked like the intent was to say "anyone who can disagree with what Veterans say is a traitor".

Out of respect to HDR as a Combat Veteran, I personally would have not used the word "traitor", but I do agree with the idea of "calling Veterans liars is wrong".

Regardless... person "A" doesn't agree with person "B"? Tough shit. This is Gunsnet, not NannyNet.

There are 1000 boards I can join if I want to get banned for having an opinion.

So my vote is:

* Yes, bring The Ferd back
* No, leave Swampy alone. If you don't like him, put him on ignore.

There's my 5 cents worth (inflation).

-- Roger

Oswald Bastable
03-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Okay guys, I forgot the smilies when I posted...

This was meant in jest, and no I would never advocate banning Swampy.

Though I note the thread was at the top of GD when I checked back in today. :D

Krupski
03-06-2011, 02:32 PM

:thumbsup:

davepool
03-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Yup.

My sig quote is getting a lot of use these days.

Now, what I would support is Swampy getting a job, because it's obvious he's got way too much free time on his hands. Same thing happened to my dad when he retired at 54. He didn't know what to do with himself. Finally started consulting work and he became a lot more tolerable again.

Same here, my dad retired from the army when he was 48, way too young to "retire",he drove us all fucking nuts until he went back too work a year after his army carreer ended. Swampy will be all better as soon as he gets to wear the smokey the bear hat and scare little children with tales of the evil bigfoots in the woods :)

Warthogg
03-06-2011, 03:18 PM
I have never supported the banning of anyone..............

Nor do I.

I don't know the Ferd bu I'm for reinstating him. Specially if he was a paying member.......heheheheheh.

Wart

Warthogg
03-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Bring back The Ferd? Absolutely!

Ban Swampy? For what? Having an opinion different then yours?

Now, concerning the business of Swampy using the word "traitor" in a post to HDR... it's my personal opinion that it was misconstrued. To me it looked like the intent was to say "anyone who can disagree with what Veterans say is a traitor".

Out of respect to HDR as a Combat Veteran, I personally would have not used the word "traitor", but I do agree with the idea of "calling Veterans liars is wrong".

Regardless... person "A" doesn't agree with person "B"? Tough shit. This is Gunsnet, not NannyNet.

So my vote is:

* Yes, bring The Ferd back
* No, leave Swampy alone. If you don't like him, put him on ignore.

There's my 5 cents worth (inflation).

-- Roger

For (fucking) sure !!

This is Gunsnet, not NannyNet.

Yup.

Out of respect to HDR as a Combat Veteran........

Are you SURE about this ?? I thought the last WW I veteran just passed away.

Wart

63DH8
03-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Keep them both! Also, bring LAGC back and give him and Fred their own forum without the delete powers. :crazy:

tank_monkey
03-06-2011, 05:04 PM

the funniest parts weren't Ferd's ramblings, but the genius put downs that the REST OF YOU did to him. Comedy gold! I sure miss those days :(

HDR
03-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Zionist/Nazi loving, US Sailor hating, Israel loving Traitor.
Stop stalking me weirdo.

Oh my, you are so tough your lips probably have callouses. LOL

Everyone is following you, they sense a web meltdown. :lool:

deth502
03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
if were voting on bans, i have 2 suggestions to throw in the pot.

old Grump
03-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Let us ban everybody except blond Caucasians with Scandinavian heritage and are members of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America. It won't be much fun and they argue even worse than we do but the language would mostly be cleaner. :frech11:

Oh shoot, that leaves Mackerel snappers like me out of the mix. Oh well, you would probably be better off without my recipes and jokes.

yankeedog
03-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Thats like being responsible for starting "the wave" at a ballgame!

Sometimes people should be banned because they run off other members who get tired of being a member of a forum that goes to deep in the shit pot.
One site I used to be a member on was all about cars with some big names on it then this guy comes on there and admits he doesn't even own a car but wanted to be apart of a community and started telling jokes and philosophy bull shit and really took it over and changed the whole thing to a talk show style forum, they wouldn't get rid of him so the popularity went down the toilet over "feeling for diversity".

swampdragon
03-06-2011, 10:42 PM
I think a poll may be in order for that one.

Go for it.
And if you end up getting an answer you don't like, you can lock it again or delete it.
Nazi.

swampdragon
03-06-2011, 10:49 PM
How many "Let's ban Swampy" threads is this now?

Probably 666 knowing my luck....lol

swampdragon
03-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Ban swampy?
He is the only one who posts at night....Shit half the time he just posts and argues with himself.:amen:

It's complicated man.
Sometimes even "I" piss me off!
:laugh:

swampdragon
03-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Yup.

...Now, what I would support is Swampy getting a job, because it's obvious he's got way too much free time on his hands. Same thing happened to my dad when he retired at 54. He didn't know what to do with himself. Finally started consulting work and he became a lot more tolerable again.

Quite frankly, I can't even argue with this. I'm bored out of my mind.
I went from working steadily for 20 years to nothing at all.
I'm trying to get another job already as we speak.
That still won't change any of my opinions however...

swampdragon
03-06-2011, 11:07 PM

That's because a lot of people evidently wanted to vote NO and tell you to screw off.

swampdragon
03-06-2011, 11:17 PM
the funniest parts weren't Ferd's ramblings, but the genius put downs that the REST OF YOU did to him. Comedy gold! I sure miss those days :(

Remember that fight between Fred and Crapshoot?
Trailer parks were going to be burned down, sisters and grandma's raped and tortured, and Fred threatened to shoot Crapshoot, FILMED IT, and posted it on the web?
Now THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT! lol.............
Stupid as all get out.
But it was definitely fine showmanship....
:roflmao:

swampdragon
03-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Oh my, you are so tough your lips probably have callouses. LOL

Everyone is following you, they sense a web meltdown. :lool:

You don't have to be tough to recognize you're a Traitor.
A 5 year old lil girl can do that.

Anybody who can blindly blow off half a century of Israel fucking us over, killing our men, attacking American targets overseas, compromising our intelligence services, not warning us about 9/11, denying the testimony of our own Vets, etc...is a Traitor.
It has nothing to do with being tough.
It has everything to do with integrity and pointing out the obvious.
Traitor.

swampdragon
03-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Thats like being responsible for starting "the wave" at a ballgame!

True....lol
It was just an example.
That thread went from Gabe to airsoft to beer to BBQ recipes to all sorts of stuff! lol....
It was fun.
I still haven't received my plane ticket yet however....
:roflmao:

swampdragon
03-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Let us ban everybody except blond Caucasians with Scandinavian heritage and are members of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America. It won't be much fun and they argue even worse than we do but the language would mostly be cleaner. :frech11:

Oh shoot, that leaves Mackerel snappers like me out of the mix. Oh well, you would probably be better off without my recipes and jokes.

I qualified until you got to the Lutheran church part.
Dammit!
lol....

ltorlo64
03-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Dammit!

So much for the language.:laugh:

swampdragon
03-07-2011, 12:15 AM
So much for the language.:laugh:

It must have been that Evangelical Lutheran coming out.
Ooooops.

Moebrown20
03-07-2011, 08:01 AM
It must have been Lutheran coming out.
Ooooops.

Fixed.

mriddick
03-07-2011, 08:04 AM
You don't have to be tough to recognize you're a Traitor.
A 5 year old lil girl can do that.

Anybody who can blindly blow off half a century of Israel fucking us over, killing our men, attacking American targets overseas, compromising our intelligence services, not warning us about 9/11, denying the testimony of our own Vets, etc...is a Traitor.
It has nothing to do with being tough.
It has everything to do with integrity and pointing out the obvious.
Traitor.

Trying to get as many "traitors" in before the thread becomes a reality? :) Oswald says this thread was started in jest but you're working hard to make come true. Maybe we do need fred back to take some of the edge off some of you guys...

studmuffin
03-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Bring bad Ferd, but dont ban anybody. If they get crochety, then temporarily condem them to the roadhouse until they learn better manners.

swampdragon
03-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Trying to get as many "traitors" in before the thread becomes a reality? :) Oswald says this thread was started in jest but you're working hard to make come true. Maybe we do need fred back to take some of the edge off some of you guys...

I've pretty much responded to EVERYBODY here in one form or another.
I'm not singling anybody out.
So in short...fuck off.

Oswald Bastable
03-07-2011, 07:07 PM

Yeah, I should have used the smilies up front, but given that I've always been one to yell "NOOOOO!" quite loudly when previous threads about bringing Ferd back were started, and given that I've never advocated banning anyone other than obvious trolls (Macie and Shellshocked come to mind) I kinda figured folks would know I wasn't serious. Seems I forgot this is the interwebz, where anything that can be taken out of context, will be. :)

swampdragon
03-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I should have used the smilies up front, but given that I've always been one to yell "NOOOOO!" quite loudly when previous threads about bringing Ferd back were started, and given that I've never advocated banning anyone other than obvious trolls (Macie and Shellshocked come to mind) I kinda figured folks would know I wasn't serious. Seems I forgot this is the interwebz, where anything that can be taken out of context, will be. :)

...Not only that, but you are one of the very few who actually give me a run for my money sometimes anyways...even when you are usually wrong...:frech11:
You'd miss me once I'm gone.
You'd get bored...
:coffee:

Why don't you want Ferd back?
It was like having Gunsnet set to Comedy Central every time you read one of his posts.
He was crazy, but he was entertaining.

Oswald Bastable
03-07-2011, 10:03 PM
...Not only that, but you are one of the very few who actually give me a run for my money sometimes anyways...even when you are usually wrong...:frech11:
You'd miss me once I'm gone.
You'd get bored...
:coffee:

Why don't you want Ferd back?
It was like having Gunsnet set to Comedy Central every time you read one of his posts.
He was crazy, but he was entertaining.

You're right I'd miss you if you were gone...note I stated I never intended you be banned; I foolishly inferred my post would be accepted in jest when I should have realized anything posted on the webz would be taken as gospel...you know all about refuting gospel, yes???

You're incorrect in your assertion that I'm usually wrong. Indeed, you're foolish to even assert it, as I'm quite well versed in many subjects, history and religion among them, and I don't let my emotions get in the way, as you invariably do.

Would I get bored? Doubtful...I have oh so many books before me to edit, a full-time job to attend to, a woman who adores me, a house that needs upkeep... I'm quite sure the absence of you would affect me not a whit, but you are fun to play with, particularly as it involves this thread and your pique over the thought that someone wished you banned. :D

Ferd is an idiot without learning, you're an idiot with (albeit psychologically twisted)...the reasons for preferring you to ferd are of degree, rather than degradation. :)

swampdragon
03-07-2011, 10:33 PM
You're right I'd miss you if you were gone...note I stated I never intended you be banned; I foolishly inferred my post would be accepted in jest when I should have realized anything posted on the webz would be taken as gospel...you know all about refuting gospel, yes???

You're incorrect in your assertion that I'm usually wrong. Indeed, you're foolish to even assert it, as I'm quite well versed in many subjects, history and religion among them, and I don't let my emotions get in the way, as you invariably do.

Would I get bored? Doubtful...I have oh so many books before me to edit, a full-time job to attend to, a woman who adores me, a house that needs upkeep... I'm quite sure the absence of you would affect me not a whit, but you are fun to play with, particularly as it involves this thread and your pique over the thought that someone wished you banned. :D

Ferd is an idiot without learning, you're an idiot with (albeit psychologically twisted)...the reasons for preferring you to ferd are of degree, rather than degradation. :)

LOL......

For what it's worth, I don't want you banned either.
Every single time you post something to disagree with me about, it confirms that I am actually on the right track!:lol2:

You seem to have "piqued" other people too.
So don't go acting as if "I" am the one who misunderstood.
You already admitted yourself that you screwed up when posting this thread.
My "assertion" is that you messed up yet again, and then decided to call it a joke after people disagreed with you.

I'll give you credit for your grammar though.
That "sounded" smart even though it made no sense....

:roflwithfeetcv2:

Oswald Bastable
03-07-2011, 10:50 PM
LOL......

For what it's worth, I don't want you banned either.
Every single time you post something to disagree with me about, it confirms that I am actually on the right track!:lol2:

You seem to have "piqued" other people too.
So don't go acting as if "I" am the one who misunderstood.
You already admitted yourself that you screwed up when posting this thread.
My "assertion" is that you messed up yet again, and then decided to call it a joke after people disagreed with you.

I'll give you credit for your grammar though.
That "sounded" smart even though it made no sense....

:roflwithfeetcv2:

Yup, I screwed up; folks take themselves ever so seriously at times. While I also do so when I shouldn't, I eventually realize there are three simple rules to life...perhaps you could learn from them.

1) Don't sweat the little stuff.
2) It's all little stuff.
3) Trust in God, but tie your camel.

:D

mriddick
03-07-2011, 10:53 PM
1 Cardio
2 The Double Tap
3 Beware of Bathrooms
4 Wear Seat Belts

Oswald Bastable
03-07-2011, 11:21 PM
1 Cardio
2 The Double Tap
3 Beware of Bathrooms
4 Wear Seat Belts

Hey, if you're gonna get all Zombieland on me, get all 22, or 24, or whatever it was in there.

And don't forget the new one...never blast Bill Murray until you're absolutely sure he's a zombie. :D

mriddick
03-07-2011, 11:36 PM
It was your
that reminded me of zombieland in the first place :)

weevil
03-07-2011, 11:41 PM
At least ferd was funny.

:biggrina:

swampdragon
03-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Yup, I screwed up; folks take themselves ever so seriously at times. While I also do so when I shouldn't, I eventually realize there are three simple rules to life...perhaps you could learn from them.

2) It's all little stuff.
3) Trust in God, but tie your camel.

"It is a good idea to obey all the rules when you're young just so you'll have the strength to break them when you're old."
Mark Twain

Oswald Bastable
03-08-2011, 12:37 AM
At least ferd was funny.

Hey...I'm funny...

...looking...

Oswald Bastable
03-08-2011, 12:43 AM
"It is a good idea to obey all the rules when you're young just so you'll have the strength to break them when you're old."
Mark Twain

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Plato

swampdragon
03-08-2011, 02:36 AM
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Plato

Ha. That's a good one.

weevil
03-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Hey...I'm funny...

...looking...

I'll bet you are......

.........but that's like being handsome on the radio, we can't see you!;)

Cypher
03-09-2011, 01:01 AM

I don't like the idea of banning anyone but didn't swamp dragon get banned not too long ago and then reactivated or something?

Trolls, LOL. This site has had no shortage of trolls.

swampdragon
03-09-2011, 01:32 AM
I don't like the idea of banning anyone but didn't swamp dragon get banned not too long ago and then reactivated or something?

Trolls, LOL. This site has had no shortage of trolls.

I've been banned all over the world at one point or another.
I'm still working on Ecuador though.
Those guys are frickin' hilarious once they open up a little.

I've never been banned for being a troll though.
It's usually just because I have a bad attitude and don't play well with others sometimes.