PDA

View Full Version : The Most important Topic Ever!!! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!

Integratedj
03-06-2011, 12:35 PM
I don't think I can get across to you all how happy I am this morning. I just got back from Fry's grocery store and to my surprise they are now carrying the whole Shiner Brewery line. Their Black Lager is the best thing I have had to drink in a really long time. I would put it in a tie with a good Dunkel Weiss as my favorite beer. If I could take the taste of the Black Lager, and get that creamy smoothness of the Dunkel weiss it would be unbeatable imho.

Ahhhh, today will be a good day, and St. Patties will be even better now.
And yes, I know it's only 10:30am. I don't give a shit, it's drinking time somewhere and I'm going to join in. That and a nice BBQ and some Habanero Poppers later today will be a perfect end to the weekend. Tomorrow will suck in more ways than one, but who cares.
Hope you all have a good one.

TEN-32
03-06-2011, 12:39 PM
I am on the same page bro. And remember, drink responsibly. :lool:

AKTexas
03-06-2011, 12:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWLSyTOIJFk

This is what happens when you drink and enforce.:lmao3:

FunkyPertwee
03-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Shiner Rocks!

If you ever find a Shiner Kosmos, drink it! They're rare and tasty.

TEN-32
03-06-2011, 01:04 PM

Oh if you were drinking and enforcing, there'd be a lot more than that going on...:boozer::yuch:

ubersoldate
03-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Shiner is awesome...

I drank it like water when I lived in Austin...

Integratedj
03-06-2011, 02:46 PM

Wow... I can't fault the cop though, Brother didn't know that the belt goes "Over" the crank, not under it.

Integratedj
03-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Shiner is awesome...

I drank it like water when I lived in Austin...

How's their Heffe Weiss?
My favorite Weiss is Franziskaner, especially their Dunkel. It would be nice if I could support an American co on that type as well.

mriddick
03-06-2011, 02:53 PM
I have never tasted beer, but I'm glad you found a brand you enjoy.

O.S.O.K.
03-06-2011, 06:37 PM
I have never tasted beer, but I'm glad you found a brand you enjoy.

OK, I have to ask.... why? Medical situation? Religion? Just curious...

AKTexas
03-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Oh if you were drinking and enforcing, there'd be a lot more than that going on...:boozer::yuch:

Speaking from experience?

mriddick
03-06-2011, 06:54 PM
OK, I have to ask.... why? Medical situation? Religion? Just curious...

I guess a combination of being too much of a loner, being too poor to have such habits, and knowing people who were drunks that didn't impress me might of had something to do with it but if I had to pick one reason it would be that I just could never get pass the smell :)

O.S.O.K.
03-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Ah, just wondering. It's not too often that you "meet" somebody that's never tasted beer.

Being of English and German descent, I love the stuff. But moderation is called for, in all things, moderation.

coppertales
03-06-2011, 08:58 PM
but I don't like the black brew. I don't drink the light beer either. I tried the double wheat tonight and it is pretty good. I like the spring ale too.....chris3

Cap45
03-07-2011, 12:32 AM
10:30 am here means its 12:30 on the east coast, a perfect time for beer.
When I think of all the great lines from movies one always comes to mind regarding our tasty frothy beverage. Possibly one of my favorite quotes from a B+ movie Robin Hood and the prince of thieves.

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about... BEER."

Living in the Denver Metro area we've got plenty to chose from, Give me a Sam Adams Oktoberfest, a Tommyknockers Maple Nut brown ale or a pint of 1554 from New Belgium and I'm good.

FunkyPertwee
03-07-2011, 12:59 AM
How's their Heffe Weiss?
My favorite Weiss is Franziskaner, especially their Dunkel. It would be nice if I could support an American co on that type as well.

Shiner Heff tastes different than Franziskaner, but they are both good.

The Shiner has more of a "beer" flavor, and is strong on citrus. In comparison, the Franziskaner tastes like a pear.

I love both.