PDA

View Full Version : AAAHHHHGGGG!!!

ltorlo64
03-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I was looking at the kit I bought a few days ago from Del-Ton. I noticed a note I had not seen before. It says that if you order an A2 upper it will not work with the kit unless you specify that you want the Standard A2 Front Site Base. I did not do this.

Luckily, I ordered the kit just two working days ago. As of Friday my credit card had not been charged so they are still working on putting the kit together. I just sent Del-Ton an e-mail and I will call them first thing tomorrow morning. I hope I can fix this before they send it. The Standard A2 Front Site Base costs the same as the A3, I just don't know if there will be a problem with changing my order.

All I can say is AAAAHHHGGG!

Schuetzenman
03-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Did you ever get this ironed out?

ltorlo64
03-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Did you ever get this ironed out?

Just realized it tonight so I won't know until tomorrow. I hope to know before lunch tomorrow.

FunkyPertwee
03-06-2011, 11:22 PM
So you ordered an A2 receiver without a front sight?

Does it have a small rail on the sight block or nothing at all? If its a rail you could just get flip up front sights.

ltorlo64
03-06-2011, 11:41 PM
So you ordered an A2 receiver without a front sight?

Does it have a small rail on the sight block or nothing at all? If its a rail you could just get flip up front sights.

NOTE: F-Marked Front Sight Base is not compatible with an A2 Upper due to height compatibility, therefore if you choose an A2 Upper and want a standard front sight base you need to choose the Standard A2 Front Sight Base.

It appears that there is a front site, but it is a different hieght than the one requried for the A2 carry handle.

deth502
03-07-2011, 12:50 AM
you would think that since they obviously know it will not work, that they would automatically put the correct parts on that they know need to be on to work together without the customer having to specify it??????

ltorlo64
03-07-2011, 09:06 AM
you would think that since they obviously know it will not work, that they would automatically put the correct parts on that they know need to be on to work together without the customer having to specify it??????

Just got off the phone with them and they fixed my order. The sales rep said that she was fairly sure they would not have sent the part that would not work with the A2, or they would have contacted me to see if that was what I really wanted. I feel much better.

arcangel
03-07-2011, 01:47 PM
I ust did the same thing on a rifle kit I ordered. So I called them and they were fast to fix it for me and took care of the issue.

FunkyPertwee
03-07-2011, 02:02 PM
What is the small front sight for? An A1 model, or for "tactical" flip up rear sights or what?

matshock
03-07-2011, 03:36 PM
What is the small front sight for? An A1 model, or for "tactical" flip up rear sights or what?

Yep, rear BUIS. The A2 handle sights sit just a tad higher than most BUIS.

Personally, I like having flip sights in the front too- why spend all that money on some nice glass then block 1/3 of it with a big iron post?

Solidus-snake
03-07-2011, 08:14 PM

What this gentleman said.

FunkyPertwee
03-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Yep, rear BUIS. The A2 handle sights sit just a tad higher than most BUIS.

Personally, I like having flip sights in the front too- why spend all that money on some nice glass then block 1/3 of it with a big iron post?

Wow, I had no idea. So if you buy an A3 receiver, you have to make sure the front sight post is the short kind?

How do you tell the difference?

matshock
03-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Wow, I had no idea. So if you buy an A3 receiver, you have to make sure the front sight post is the short kind?

How do you tell the difference?

Many of the fixed FSBs for flat tops are marked with an "F" somewhere- I don't own any.

I use a gas block mounted flip front sight on my carbine that is the correct height for a BUIS.

FunkyPertwee
03-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Many of the fixed FSBs for flat tops are marked with an "F" somewhere- I don't own any.

I use a gas block mounted flip front sight on my carbine that is the correct height for a BUIS.

Thanks for the tip.

arcangel
03-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Or you could replace the FSP with a low profile and put front/rear BUIS on your FF tube and receiver. Thats worked well for me.