PDA

View Full Version : NPR exc caught on tape labeling TEA party as racist

mriddick
03-08-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41970138/ns/politics-more_politics/

NPR officials scrambled Tuesday to contain damage caused by the release of a secretly recorded videotape that showed an executive calling Tea Party supporters "racist" and questioning his organization's reliance on federal funding.

Ron Schiller, NPR's senior vice president for fundraising, was recorded secretly on Feb. 22 by Republican filmmaker James O'Keefe, who is well known for his undercover stunts targeting various agencies
....rest of the story at the above link....

This should liven up the debate on whether or not to cut NPR's funding. Some where Jaun Williams is smiling I bet :)

alismith
03-08-2011, 04:27 PM
This isn't surprising at all. Since NPR is a non-profit organization and freeloading off the government, they feel they are even more priviliged than the regular MSM.

For a while, I've been toying with the idea of writing a letter to the FCC asking them when NPR was allowed to advertise. Every business that donates money is given a blurb on airtime that is nothing more than a paid advertisement.

I didn't think NPR was allowed to do that and still retain their "non-profit organization" status.

I hope they lose their status because of what this guy said.

insider
03-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Just more love from the party of hate and take. (Liberal Democrats)

Altarboy
03-09-2011, 08:40 AM
That James O'Keefe is a bright and brave young man. We need more of him on our side.

Focused Gunfire
03-09-2011, 10:22 AM
With the rise of such things as You Tube, the need for things like NPR diminishes. Combine this with there one way biased programming, and it is easily determined that NPR is a waste of money in its current state. The most efficient answer is to stop funding it immediately.

O.S.O.K.
03-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Time to defund NPR and public TV and "the arts". Stupid liberal, unconstitutional waste of our tax money.

The federal government needs to be taken down to it's bare constitutional bones -the sooner the better.

matshock
03-09-2011, 10:58 AM
The CEO just got fired:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110309/ap_on_re_us/us_npr_tea_party_criticism

So why isn't Schiller out too?

My guess is they want "smarter liberals" in charge of duping the public.

cciota
03-09-2011, 10:59 AM
They are reporting that the CEO of NPR just resigned over this. I say defund them a spend the 90million and year to help pay down the national debt.

matshock
03-09-2011, 11:06 AM
They are reporting that the CEO of NPR just resigned over this. I say defund them a spend the 90million and year to help pay down the national debt.

450 million- even better.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/npr-ceo-vivian-schiller-resigns-james-okeefe-orchestrated/story?id=13092007

sevlex
03-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Juan Williams has to be LOVIN' this.

Now if they'll just shit-can Democracy Now! we'll be on a roll.

Focused Gunfire
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
NPR, the arts, and public television have all suckled at the tit of government pasted any real use they might have had. The time has come to cut them off, and see if they can stand on their own two feet. Public television has some popular shows, and will probably live a little longer on its own. NPR will fade as its initial “save NPR” donors get tired of the constant pleas. There will always be people making art, but now no one will get paid to do pro Obamacare propaganda.

swampdragon
03-09-2011, 08:04 PM
With the rise of such things as You Tube, the need for things like NPR diminishes. Combine this with there one way biased programming, and it is easily determined that NPR is a waste of money in its current state. The most efficient answer is to stop funding it immediately.

EVERYTHING ON YOU-TUBE IS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not a reliable "source."

lol............

Just kidding....:lool:

Focused Gunfire
03-09-2011, 09:06 PM
As you know, the internet is a series of tubes and lies. That’s why Uncle Sugar wants to wrangle them puppies to insure the safe feeling of children the world over. You can’t have those X-Boxes confusing the dumb masses with blasphemy can you? For the children, you got to point them to a White Cabin approved source like NPR, or Hofpo. If they go poking around the wrong tube, a man eating plant might come out!

On a more serious note, You Tube does have some major bullshit on it. The same could most likely be said of most sites. The thing is that You Tube does not take the hard earned money of the citizens. We have to stop spending money on things like other countries, dumb as shit pork projects, and public union tomfoolery!

swampdragon
03-09-2011, 09:22 PM
As you know, the internet is a series of tubes and lies. That’s why Uncle Sugar wants to wrangle them puppies to insure the safe feeling of children the world over. You can’t have those X-Boxes confusing the dumb masses with blasphemy can you? For the children, you got to point them to a White Cabin approved source like NPR, or Hofpo. If they go poking around the wrong tube, a man eating plant might come out!

On a more serious note, You Tube does have some major bullshit on it. The same could most likely be said of most sites. The thing is that You Tube does not take the hard earned money of the citizens. We have to stop spending money on things like other countries, dumb as shit pork projects, and public union tomfoolery!

Lol...
That's why I was saying You-Tube is not a source. It's just a storage site.
Lot's of legit news reports, documentaries and stuff to.
But yeah, NPR needs to go!

Gunreference1
03-18-2011, 02:24 AM
House Votes to End NPR Funding

Thursday, 17 Mar 2011 03:49 PM

The House voted to block all federal funding for NPR, a week after the embattled public radio station found itself the subject of a conservative activist's undercover video recording that led to the ouster of its chief executive, ABC News reported.

The bill passed by a 228-192 vote. No Democrats voted for it but 7 Republicans voted against the measure.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/npr-funding-house-votes/2011/03/17/id/389846

Steve