PDA

View Full Version : Why girls shouldn't fire handguns

swampdragon
07-29-2010, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKPVGeoRNRI&feature=related

ltorlo64
07-29-2010, 07:00 PM
That video alone is why my daughter refuses to shoot my 1911.

old Grump
07-29-2010, 07:31 PM
That video and a hundred others just like it are why some boys should never be allowed near a gun and should be forbidden any kind of relationship with a female just in case they breed more morons who would do that to a woman and think it was funny.

mriddick
07-29-2010, 07:44 PM
It should be titled why girls shouldn't shoot with A holes of guys... :)

I've seen more then one girl smashed in the face/head by firing some guys firearm he knew was too much for her. Of course she's hanging with them so shes shares the blame as well.

AKTexas
07-29-2010, 07:59 PM
The worst thing you can do to a new shooter is give them biggest badass gun you own and let them try it out.

Either the gun will break them or they will want to break you.

Sidartha
07-29-2010, 08:12 PM
The worst thing you can do to a new shooter is give them biggest badass gun you own and let them try it out.

Either the gun will break them or they will want to break you.

Agreed.
Whenever I take out new shooters they start with the .22 and move through the .38, the 9mm and the .357 before they get to the .45.
(the period ending that sentence looks creepy)
Giving a 50AE or a 12GA to a 97lb waif is the quickest way to create a dislike of guns forever.

HDR
07-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Teaching someone to be gun shy is flat stupid.

RJ Shooter
07-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Judging by the shirt, they're a classy bunch! ;)

imanaknut
07-29-2010, 08:46 PM
The next video I would like to see is that girl using what looks like a Desert Eagle as a club and beating the heck out of the guy who handed it to her.

swampdragon
07-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Remember this classic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyhgC4wF7MU

HDR
07-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Judging by the shirt, they're a classy bunch! ;)

Whoever did that to the YL needs his knee caps relocated to face inwards...

AKTexas
07-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Remember this classic?

Yeah and he walked away thankful to have his head.What range you suppose that was?There is not a range near me that can even accommodate a .50 cal.That is the only reason I don't get one.

swampdragon
07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Yeah and he walked away thankful to have his head.What range you suppose that was?There is not a range near me that can even accommodate a .50 cal.That is the only reason I don't get one.

Couple hundred yards maybe. I couldn't see the initial impact.

ubersoldate
07-29-2010, 10:27 PM
My wife outshoots many of my friends who talk a good game but dont shoot every week like we do.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs109.snc4/35789_138678849477657_100000066272530_383025_18517 49_n.jpg

weevil
07-29-2010, 11:53 PM
That's fucked up!

Anybody that would do that to a new shooter and think it's funny needs a good swift kick in the ass.

Kadmos
07-30-2010, 02:58 AM
My wife outshoots many of my friends who talk a good game but dont shoot every week like we do.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs109.snc4/35789_138678849477657_100000066272530_383025_18517 49_n.jpg

Don't take this wrong as I'm sure your wife knows what she is doing, some sort of tactical drill or whatever.

However, I always seem to see women pick up a rifle that way, and it ticks me to no end when it's a new shooter often with a high power rifle or shotgun, and someone who really should know better is standing with them saying nothing.

I remember one vid where these dumb shits hand a gal a 12 gauge, give her no instruction, she faces the target straight on gun 90 degrees from her shoulder with the butt pad not on her shoulder (big but common mistake) and of course it goes badly.

It takes two minutes to teach someone the "basic" correct beginner shooting stance where they are turned about 90 degrees from the target, stock cradled, elbow up.

ubersoldate
07-30-2010, 03:42 AM
Don't take this wrong as I'm sure your wife knows what she is doing, some sort of tactical drill or whatever.

However, I always seem to see women pick up a rifle that way, and it ticks me to no end when it's a new shooter often with a high power rifle or shotgun, and someone who really should know better is standing with them saying nothing.

I remember one vid where these dumb shits hand a gal a 12 gauge, give her no instruction, she faces the target straight on gun 90 degrees from her shoulder with the butt pad not on her shoulder (big but common mistake) and of course it goes badly.

It takes two minutes to teach someone the "basic" correct beginner shooting stance where they are turned about 90 degrees from the target, stock cradled, elbow up.

Shooting on the move.
We practice different styles as well as off hand around obstacles.
This is my rifle, hers has a foregrip, she is trying to get used to the new style forward grip that Im trying on my rifle.
Ive heard people say time and time again that someone needs to hold a weapon a certain way, and from someone who has spent over ten k in the last ten years in classes I would tend to agree.
But chasing someone with a camera you are bound to get a pic that doesnt have her holding the weapon up to someone elses expectations.
There were pics that were better, but I dont show pics of her face for privacy reasons.
And in the end, fact is she has probably hit more target space this week than you my friend!

AKTexas
07-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Couple hundred yards maybe. I couldn't see the initial impact.

That just does not seem enough.

AK-J
07-30-2010, 11:23 AM
I've seen that video before. I agree with almost everyone else on here, the dudes that let her shoot that hand cannon are complete douche bags, and should be pistol whipped.

Kadmos
07-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Shooting on the move.
We practice different styles as well as off hand around obstacles.
This is my rifle, hers has a foregrip, she is trying to get used to the new style forward grip that Im trying on my rifle.
Ive heard people say time and time again that someone needs to hold a weapon a certain way, and from someone who has spent over ten k in the last ten years in classes I would tend to agree.
But chasing someone with a camera you are bound to get a pic that doesnt have her holding the weapon up to someone elses expectations.
There were pics that were better, but I dont show pics of her face for privacy reasons.
And in the end, fact is she has probably hit more target space this week than you my friend!

Sorry if I offended, I was trying to be clear that I didn't mean your wife but still making the point that many beginner women shooters use a horribly incorrect stance and of how women are often givin poor or no instuction.

An advanced shooter won't use correct form for every shot, especially in tactical drills.

What she appears to be doing is a blend of correct form and quick target aquisition, she isn't fully facing the target (like some new women do), she has the butt properly in her shoulder pocket, she doesn't have her finger jammed into the trigger gaurd...it's obvious she knows all the fundamentals (and I'm sure well beyond).

Its just that the gun is swung away from her body enough to be noticable, that made me think of what I have seen so many times before.

First time my ex-wife shot a rifle she naturally went facing the target, feet way too far apart, arms too straight, was leaning back, and wanted to hold it away from her shoulder so she didn't get "pushed back". For some reaon this seems to be one of the natural poses a woman does when shooting a gun for the first time. It must be fear based.

Before she took the safety off, I corrected her stance. I didn't have a .22 at the time to give her the modest recoil experiance, we used the 30/30 lever, so I needed to make sure there was no learing curve on the basic stance. I don't think she ever would have shot again otherwise.

ubersoldate
07-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Sorry if I offended, I was trying to be clear that I didn't mean your wife but still making the point that many beginner women shooters use a horribly incorrect stance and of how women are often givin poor or no instuction.

An advanced shooter won't use correct form for every shot, especially in tactical drills.

What she appears to be doing is a blend of correct form and quick target aquisition, she isn't fully facing the target (like some new women do), she has the butt properly in her shoulder pocket, she doesn't have her finger jammed into the trigger gaurd...it's obvious she knows all the fundamentals (and I'm sure well beyond).

Its just that the gun is swung away from her body enough to be noticable, that made me think of what I have seen so many times before.

First time my ex-wife shot a rifle she naturally went facing the target, feet way too far apart, arms too straight, was leaning back, and wanted to hold it away from her shoulder so she didn't get "pushed back". For some reaon this seems to be one of the natural poses a woman does when shooting a gun for the first time. It must be fear based.

Before she took the safety off, I corrected her stance. I didn't have a .22 at the time to give her the modest recoil experiance, we used the 30/30 lever, so I needed to make sure there was no learing curve on the basic stance. I don't think she ever would have shot again otherwise.

No offense taken...I was just a little quick on the return, and in a sour ass mood...Stress filled day with almost no sleep...
Sorry man....

Kadmos
07-30-2010, 12:35 PM
No worries.

O.S.O.K.
07-30-2010, 03:59 PM
First of all I've seen this stupid vid before - and its just that. Stupid. I hope she left that idiot straight away.

Uber - I think its great that your wife shoots with you like that. Mine will shoot but I can't hardly ever get her to go to the range with me... I need to try harder I guess.

AKTexas
07-30-2010, 04:04 PM
First of all I've seen this stupid vid before - and its just that. Stupid. I hope she left that idiot straight away.

Uber - I think its great that your wife shoots with you like that. Mine will shoot but I can't hardly ever get her to go to the range with me... I need to try harder I guess.

It took me nearly the entire time we were together before my ex would shoot with me.My girlfriend has been hitting the range with every chance she can.

Nothing better than sharing a hobby with someone you care about.

Sr Wing Commander
08-01-2010, 01:55 AM
What morons.

I seem to notice that women (especially new shooters) tend to lean "away" from the gun. Especially hand guns. So they end up where they are almost leaning back and end up in a horribly awkward position. If it's been awhile since we went to the range I still find my wife has a tendancy to do this. I keep tell her "no, if anything lean "into" it.)

swampdragon
08-01-2010, 02:03 AM
... I keep tell her "no, if anything lean "into" it.)

I tell mine that during sex too...

Maser**
08-01-2010, 03:25 AM
Thats messed up man. Start the chickys out on an air pistol and work your way up. Not cool.

HDR
08-01-2010, 06:48 AM

The reason many women can't shoot is usually because a man didn't know how to shoot so it was impossible for him to teach her.

However they do talk a damn good game. The usual answer is a story instead of explaining what to do... :lmao3:

mustangpd
08-01-2010, 07:42 PM
It should be titled why girls shouldn't shoot with A holes of guys... :)

I've seen more then one girl smashed in the face/head by firing some guys firearm he knew was too much for her. Of course she's hanging with them so shes shares the blame as well.

I agree with you guys that is just wrong

Vorkutinetz
08-01-2010, 08:13 PM
That's fucked up!

Anybody that would do that to a new shooter and think it's funny needs a good swift kick in the ass.

Agreed. Doing something like that to a newb as a gag is grounds for a kick in the balls...It is stupid to give a gun to someone that you know will not be able to handle it...

shadow65
08-03-2010, 03:30 PM
My wife had an empty go down her shirt from my 1911. Never shot another semi auto handgun.

davepool
08-03-2010, 09:38 PM
My wife had an empty go down her shirt from my 1911. Never shot another semi auto handgun.

That happened to a woman shooting next to me at the range once, she was a big busty lady and the case got stuck deep in her cleavage, she lifted up her shirt and started shaking her boobs to get it out, i felt like i should have stuffed a dollar bill in her bra, it was a good show. The guys on the line started clapping, she just smiled, flipped us all off and offered to drop a hot case down our pants.

Krupski
08-04-2010, 01:19 AM
I got my 19 yo son's GF to shoot with us last Sunday. She was nervous and held the rifle in such an odd manner that I can't even describe it.

Then she took a few shots and hit the target plate once (sheer luck I think). This was with a .22 rifle.

Then she tried a CZ-75 (9mm) pistol... she did better with that and was starting to like it.

She "graduated" to an AR-15 and fired it enough to make the barrel smoke.

Now we have another "Gun Person +1" :)

(edited to fix a typo - YTF am I up so late anyway?)

Krupski
08-04-2010, 01:22 AM

I had a .45 shell casing (hmmm yeah from a 1911!) stick between the top of my glasses and the top of my eye socket (right under the eyebrow).

It burned a blister, which turned into a scab, which I picked, which bled, which hurt quite a bit. Shows the importance of safety glasses when shooting (or at least SOME protective glass in front of the eyes).

Krupski
08-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Remember this classic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyhgC4wF7MU

OK I recorded that sound then put cursors on the shot sound and the "klink" of the plate being hit. The time is 0.383 seconds. The speed of sound is about 1125 feet per second. Let's assume the .50 BMG has a 2600 FPS muzzle velocity (from THR). Let's also assume that the distance traveled was short enough that we can ignore the bullet slowing down in flight.

So the total time is divided up into bullet flight and sound return. The speed of sound divided by the bullet velocity comes out to be 0.433 which means the bullet flight consumed 43.3 percent of the total time.

Remove 43.3 percent of the flight time from the 0.383 seconds and you get a sound return time of 0.166 seconds.

Speed of sound 1125 * 0.166 = 187 feet.

So, the plate they hit was approximately 187 feet or about 62.3 yards away from them.

Now, it's almost 0300 and I'm tired, so my math might be all fubar... who knows. Who cares? :)

slamfire51
08-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Thats messed up man. Start the chickys out on an air pistol and work your way up. Not cool.

Not to change the subject too much, but Naser, is that your blow up girlfriend in your avatar? How's her air pistol shooting?
From diapers to plastic girls. What's next?

hazmat
08-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Not to change the subject too much, but Naser, is that your blow up girlfriend in your avatar? How's her air pistol shooting?
From diapers to plastic girls. What's next?

I was going to say the same thing. :gruebel:

Now as, much as the video below is absolutely hysterical, it brought to my mind the fact that this could very possibly end the lady's shooting interest right then and there.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/hazmat97/th_whenthewifedoesntlisten.jpg (http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/hazmat97/?action=view&current=whenthewifedoesntlisten.flv)

One lesson that could be taken from the video is the poor, dumb bastard has to sleep sometime.

One thing I learned getting my wife into shooting (which took the better part of 6 yrs) was not to second guess her, not be too critical (except when warranted), let her go at her own speed, and be supportive. I would have never handed her my 12 ga or my .41 Mag and said "Have at it".

sisyphus
08-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Pretty sad for the lady. I hope she found someone with guns AND brains to be with in the future.

I have a D.I.L. who loves to shoot my Ruger S.R.H. Alaskan .454. It kicks the crap out of her but she never lets it fly out of control. 6 rounds is good for about 1/2 hour, then she's back asking for more rounds. About an hour after the S.I.L. went though a cylinderfull, I asked if he'd like to try it again. His words, loud and clear: "HELL no............that thing's a MONSTER!".