PDA

View Full Version : Survival Items Storage Question

slamfire51
03-10-2011, 09:01 AM
I've been reading a lot of helpful info in the survival forums. Many, Many items that are a must for surviving.
My question is, if you have most items suggested, where the Hell are you going to store them?
How large of a garage/outbuilding would one need to store and protect said items?
How would you defend an outbuilding from item theft if you are at the same time defending your house?

recon
03-10-2011, 10:04 AM
All of my stuff is in the house with me!

Mark Ducati
03-10-2011, 10:43 AM
You can't protect two locations with limited resources...

IIWY, if you have some sort of Garage/Barn off to the side... I'm thinking the best thing you could do would be to bury your stash under the floor somehow... you'll have to work out how to keep it dry, flooring (concrete/wood/dirt) and then park something over it like an old rusted out tractor missing a wheel... something that any casual passer by would not look further or under nor want to steal and then discover the trap door or whatever below it.

O.S.O.K.
03-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Ideally, yes, have a hidden hidey-hole...

Interestingly, my wife pointed this out in a manor as well. She's noting the things are starting to accumulate = and making comments about if we should move....

I guess that's good - she's getting acclimated to the idea of moving...

In general though, I think you just need to prioritize - look at what you really need and couldn't get if things go south and put them at the top of the list.