An oldie but a goody...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4nAU0e8lhQ

Bad ammo?

One failure to fire.
Then maybe a sqib.
Next shot...POW?

AK-J
07-29-2010, 11:12 PM
It's just a wild guess, but I'd say it might have fired out of battery.

slamfire51
07-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Bad ammo?

One failure to fire.
Then maybe a sqib.
Next shot...POW?

Nah, too many rds fired after the squib.

It's those POS AK's. I wouldn't give a dime for all they made.:piggy-bank::smiley31:

HDR
07-30-2010, 05:08 AM
Nah, too many rds fired after the squib.

It's those POS AK's. I wouldn't give a dime for all they made.:piggy-bank::smiley31:

It stopped so it can't be an AK, probably an AR in cammo.

mriddick
07-30-2010, 06:26 AM
I saw a KB like that once on a preban Maadi a guy was bumping, it blew the cover off just like that although I don't remember the smoke being quite so noticable afterwards (could just of been cleaner ammo). In that case they put the receiver in a vice to straightened it out, inserted the internals, snapped the cover back on and it was good to go again, as far as I know the guy is still shooting it.

This one could of been a squib load or just an out of battery fire, it would of been neat had they gone over the AK afterwards to explan the KB. But I guess at that moment the operator was more important :) .

abpt1
07-30-2010, 09:58 PM
It stopped so it can't be an AK, probably an AR in cammo.
Blaspheme

ready
07-31-2010, 06:07 PM
It's a set-up. Prob. someone from arfcom rigged up an M80 in there.

mriddick
07-31-2010, 06:19 PM
The ability to KB's doesn't separate AK's from AR's, it's the ability to run afterwards that separates them :)

swampdragon
07-31-2010, 06:35 PM
The ability to KB's doesn't separate AK's from AR's, it's the ability to run afterwards that separates them :)

Yeah.
We don't need no stinkin' dust covers...or badges.

slamfire51
07-31-2010, 06:38 PM

A blown top cover is nothing. It's there only for amateurs that would otherwise get their fingers smashed by the carrier.
If the guy had manned up, screwed his hat back down, he would be firing seconds after the KB.
Good thing he wasn't in a real combat situation.

mriddick
07-31-2010, 06:41 PM
In the AK KB I saw it wouldn't take a cover afterwards because the receiver was shortened (by the sides being blown outwards), putting it in a vice straightened it back out and the cover fit again. So with an AK there's not a reason to lose the cover once you get it ready to go again :)

slamfire51
07-31-2010, 07:04 PM
In the AK KB I saw it wouldn't take a cover afterwards because the receiver was shortened (by the side being blown outwards), putting it in a vice straightened it back out and the cover fit again. So with an AK there's not a reason to lose the cover once you get it ready to go again :)

But.....how many shooters have a vise in their back pocket in the field? :laugh:
I guess a rock and a hard place would suffice.

mriddick
07-31-2010, 07:08 PM
But.....how many shooters have a vise in their back pocket in the field? :laugh:

In the field the SOP is to step on it, but only step on it enough to make it work. It's a little known fact that a real AK guru can feel through a pair of Converses just how much is enough... :)

I'm so far away from an AK guru that I don't even own a pair of Converses so that's why I was stuck using a vice

slamfire51
07-31-2010, 07:19 PM
In the field the SOP is to step on it, but only step on it enough to make it work. It's a little known fact that a real AK guru can feel through a pair of Converses just how much is enough... :)

I'm so far away from an AK guru that I don't even own a pair of Converses so that's why I was stuck using a vice

Guess we both are SOL then.

ready
07-31-2010, 08:02 PM
Dude, how can you not own a pair of Chucks. They're like ninja shoes...

HDR
08-01-2010, 06:08 AM
Blaspheme

Blasphemy was posting such stuff; AKs never fail. :lol2:

HDR
08-01-2010, 06:12 AM

Obviously you've never been in the field everyone carries them. ;)

Correct, between a rock and a hard place trying to scratch. lol

mriddick
08-01-2010, 08:06 AM
In the case I've seen of an AK KB I'm sure the guys were happy to get it running again without having to buy a part or take it to a gunsmith for fixing even if they did hae to use a vice (as far as I know the only tool they used). Those preban Maadi's have got expensive :)