PDA

View Full Version : NFA Form 1 Question

slamfire51
03-11-2011, 07:26 PM
On a NFA form 1, one box asks for the overall length of the weapon.
Is this after the SBR is completed?

Another question I have is, can the barrel length and OAL be changed without filing additional paper work of buying another stamp?

Helen Keller
03-11-2011, 07:41 PM
OAL

just put down total length IF/WIth Stock Unfolded as it would be with your shorter barrel in place.

ONce you get approval You can swap barrel length/OAL as much as you want, long as it's not permanent.

slamfire51
03-11-2011, 08:07 PM
OAL

just put down total length IF/WIth Stock Unfolded as it would be with your shorter barrel in place.
ONce you get approval You can swap barrel length/OAL as much as you want, long as it's not permanent.

I don't have the folder I'm using yet. I'll use a std Romy buttstock for now, then change it out after the unconstitutional stamp arrives.

Mark Ducati
03-11-2011, 08:09 PM
What are you SBR'ing?

If its going to be a barrel fixed to the weapon that you cannot change like a PS90, Saiga 12, or AK... just put whatever length barrel you're using from the breech to the muzzle.

But with an AR-15... IIRC, I think the shortest upper out there is 7.5", so a lot of guys will put down 7.5" so that they can put a 7.5", 10", 11" or 14.5" on at their discretion.

Same goes for caliber... on my M16, my Form 4 says "multi" so that I can use whatever caliber I want....

slamfire51
03-11-2011, 08:16 PM
What are you SBR'ing?

If its going to be a barrel fixed to the weapon that you cannot change like a PS90, Saiga 12, or AK... just put whatever length barrel you're using from the breech to the muzzle.

But with an AR-15... IIRC, I think the shortest upper out there is 7.5", so a lot of guys will put down 7.5" so that they can put a 7.5", 10", 11" or 14.5" on at their discretion.

Same goes for caliber... on my M16, my Form 4 says "multi" so that I can use whatever caliber I want....

I'm wanting to add a folder to one of my AK pistols. It's 5.5", and don't see any future change barrel length wise.

Photo shopped fixed stock.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/Canis-latrans/fullsizejpg-44jpg-2.jpg

AK again
03-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Nice!

Blacksmith
03-15-2011, 01:22 AM
Nice
IMHO
Since you are going through the trouble of SBRing it anyway, you should add a forward grip.

I’ve been on the fence of building one along the same style as Ak builder is offering. but just haven’t got around to it yet.

slamfire51
03-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Nice
IMHO
Since you are going through the trouble of SBRing it anyway, you should add a forward grip.

I’ve been on the fence of building one along the same style as Ak builder is offering. but just haven’t got around to it yet.

Thanks.
A forward grip is going to happen.
I'll just have to do a different lower HG.