PDA

View Full Version : SCAR 22 / ISSC Austria plinkers

kimberkid
03-13-2011, 07:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/kimberkid/Toys/P3010043.jpg

I picked a 22LR SCAR clone up, well packed and it came with everything you need to shoot it (except ammo) including 3 allen wrenches and a chamber brush ... and there is storage in the pistol grip to keep them.

It seems very solid and well built, and weighs in around 6-7 pounds. I'm really not into rails and was hoping to remove the side rails but they have threaded sleeves that go into the aluminum chassis(like 1911 grip panels) so it would look a little funky to remove them.

It shoulders well and has a decent trigger for a 22 ... the cheek riser is adjustable but seems nearly too tall even in the lowered position for the irons. Not that I'll use them but the sights are made of steel and seem to be of good quality and not quite as funky looking as in the stock photo. I like the ambidextrous charge-handle but wish it took the same mags as my SiG-522 ... there are a few subtle differences between the stock photo and the real thing, I think all for the better.

I bought it at kygunco.com, website said $449 but when I called them it was $429; after credit card fee and shipping it was $465

I had the chance to spend a couple hours at the range so I took the SCAR-22 ... on the bench shooting Remington bulk ammo from Wally-World at 50 yards with the Aimpoint I was very pleased ... this was the result of shooting a full mag.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/kimberkid/Odds-n-%20Ends/Scar22_50ydsAimpoint.jpg

imanaknut
03-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Nice!

Now I wonder if I want to save my dollars and get the SCAR 17S or my pennies and get the less expensive version!

vit
03-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Interesting. Is that a proprietary mag?

03-14-2011, 12:36 AM
Cool looking, but I'm not so impressed by these .22 clones that I'll be giving up my 10/22 any time soon.

romak10/63UF
03-14-2011, 12:52 AM
I would rather have a ruger 10/22 with a 25 round metal hot lips magazine with the butler creek side folder stock . :ak2: just my thoughts on 22lr...

But on the other cheek that 22lr scar clone looks really cool !

kimberkid
03-14-2011, 07:38 AM
Interesting. Is that a proprietary mag?

Not sure ... its different from the SiG-522 mag but kind of looks like the S&W MP-15 Magazine

It has the load-assist button that slides down the length of the mag making it easy to load ... but probably going to be more expensive than the BDM mags for the SiG.