PDA

View Full Version : Another "special" Norinco on gunbroker!

imanaknut
03-14-2011, 05:20 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=220128875

Either I have had too much to drink, or that rifle in the photos looks suspiciously like an SKS!!!

blobman
03-14-2011, 05:40 PM
no its just the ak mags make it look like an sks:sadwave:

Full Otto
03-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Wonder if he's the same guy that sold that Maadi sks to George

Dieselbuilder
03-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Looking at his past auctions, and they all seem legit, makes me wonder if he didn't get fed a line and is just passing it on. Although it does seem that anyone even remotely into firearms would know that it is an SKS in a TAPCO stock.

romak10/63UF
03-14-2011, 06:44 PM
This guys crazy ! sks folding stock new 100 dollars a chinese sks... used 249.00 thouse cheap 30 round mags that like to do stove top jams... Witch is the reason i sold my sks... even with the spiked bayonet 25 or 50 bucks new. But this crazy guy on gunbroker is selling a buy now price of 1499.00 dollars ? oh my !! some one is smoking:toke: will some one please e-mail the seller that its a SKS.. not a real AK-47 please... before i do... lol :lol:

Dieselbuilder
03-14-2011, 09:54 PM
This guys crazy ! sks folding stock new 100 dollars a chinese sks... used 249.00 thouse cheap 30 round mags that like to do stove top jams... Witch is the reason i sold my sks... even with the spiked bayonet 25 or 50 bucks new. But this crazy guy on gunbroker is selling a buy now price of 1499.00 dollars ? oh my !! some one is smoking:toke: will some one please e-mail the seller that its a SKS.. not a real AK-47 please... before i do... lol :lol:
I already had before I posted the previous post. ;) At least he changed it from Norinco AK47, to Norinco S/A... still asking outrageous price though. And I told him approximately what it was worth.

Full Otto
03-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Well it's an S/A now. Whatever that is he still wants too much

imanaknut
03-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks for contacting the seller. S/A is much better than "AK-47"!

Dieselbuilder
03-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for contacting the seller. S/A is much better than "AK-47"!

Lot of good it did me personally though, below is a copy of what I sent to him and his reply to me...

--- begin message ---

You do know that this is an SKS and not an AK47 don't you. It is in an
aftermarket fiberglass stock, probably TAPCO, and junk aftermarket extended
magazines. It is worth about $300 tops, including the ammo.

I hope you are a honest person and as such will remove this auction or
correct the information and pricing, and are not someone that is trying to
scalp an uninformed and unsuspecting new gun owner that thinks he is
getting something special.

Thank you for your time.

--- end message ---

And his reply...

Are you a certified appraiser? Funny, I had it appraised and the value was more than the auction price. I will be happy to look at any proof that you might have regarding this rifle. Also, I find it difficult to have any faith in a message that the sender hides behind an e-mail name. If "you" are an honest person, come public. Wayne Hardee

And my reply to his reply...

No I am not a certified appraiser, however I DO hold a FFL and specialize in collecting military style firearms so I do know something about which I speak.

As to your appraiser, since you had it listed as an AK47 in the original listing either your appraiser doesn't know what he is talking about or he is not being honest with you. I would recommend you seek out a different, competent appraiser. And as far as you stating that it is "Pre-Ban", by default every Norinco is a pre-ban Norinco since importation of Norinco firearms ( excluding sporting shotguns) from China was blocked by President Clinton in 1993, a year prior to the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994.

I admit I was incorrect about the stock being from TAPCO. It is actually an ATI side folding stock. The picture here, ATI SKS Side Folding Stock (http://www.mountsplus.com/images10/products/ATI/ATI-SKS-Ultralight-Fixed_Folding-Stock-A.jpg) , is an exact match to the one in your pictures, down to the oval under the receiver.

I contacted you originally through Gunbroker.com's "Contact Seller" link and just because I choose to not disclose my email so that any spammers with a skimming program can obtain my email address, I have no problem at all of contacting you directly from my email address BECAUSE I am an honest man. I was trying to be helpful to someone I perceived to have been misinformed about the item they were trying to sell, and not someone trying to scam someone more gullible about firearms. I was obviously wrong.

Respectfully,
Verlin Kinsey

skatedcshoes
03-15-2011, 09:13 PM
You sounded polite enough Dieselbuilder and he wrote back being an asshole. Something is definitely wrong with that auction. What is a "NORINCO S/A 7.62X39" other than a Norinco that shoots 7.62x39?

AKTexas
03-15-2011, 09:43 PM
It has been dropped to 400.00 now.

imanaknut
03-15-2011, 10:08 PM
I guess the guy must have checked with someone who really knows military style firearms.

Full Otto
03-15-2011, 10:19 PM
What is a "NORINCO S/A 7.62X39"

My guess is semi auto but he probably means Super Awesome