PDA

View Full Version : Feed Ramp Polishing on the wasr 10/63 's an wasr 10

romak10/63UF
03-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I know alot of you guys are wondering what the hell ! my wasr 10/63 or wasr 10 or your ak-47 might not feed at all with hollow points... So far i have understood that normal high cap ak-47s most of them do not have this problem but these Wasr 10/63 do end up with feeding problems from the feed ramp... Possable feed ramp polishing ?

I will be useing a dremel polishing tool with my dremel sander tool to be able to get a clean ramp...

Any body else done this please post pictures an explain what tools you used please..

P.s. i have ran over 200 rounds of FMJ out of my new wasr 10/63 it feed 4 out of the 5 hollow points.. the last hollow point almost made it into the chamber... sigh...

romak10/63UF
03-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Well i just got done polishing my feed ramp with a dremel round wire wheel it came out clean an polished... now when i insert the hollow points into the reciver none of them get bind up im damn happy now i can cycle the bolt by hand an the hollow points ride right into the chamber. Im happy now... So when ever i want to go hunting i can now use hollow points if i " wanted " too :bat:

bovver
03-22-2011, 05:24 PM
very cool.
I have had good luck when I use the brown color scotch brite type wheel on my dremel,then switched over to the white looking buff pad with polishing compound I got at the local gunshop.
Though Im sure any metal polish compound will work.
Anyways I used this on my trigger group too.

romak10/63UF
03-22-2011, 06:14 PM
I can tell you its a little area to work with but with the right dremel tools you can be able to polish the feedramp all you really need to polish is about 3 mm its about this much -- i also bought the dremel " felxiable shaft " so i could get under threw the magwell to be able to even up the ramp Im pretty damn happy now it feeds hollow points with out a problem so that fixed that little problem.