PDA

View Full Version : Why can't Brewer send the AZ National Guard to the border??????

cciota
07-30-2010, 10:17 AM
There's alot of guys around here more up on state and Fed law than I am. So maybe you guys can answer this for me.

I was wondering why couldn't Jan Brewer send the Arizona National Guard to the border herself? She is the commander-in-chief of the AZ National Guard so why can't she just say screw it and send them down there. Is it a money thing, a stepping over the line thing, not a natural disaster thing or some State verses Fed law that is stopping her?

Plus , after this injuction on the AZ immigration law, I doubt the messiah will live up to his pledge to send 1200 National Guard troops to the border starting August first.

Just wondering.

azhonkey
07-30-2010, 10:32 AM
she could send them but the state is broke,don't have the money.were three billion in the hole thanks to that bitch janet napalitono.

L1A1Rocker
07-30-2010, 10:32 AM
I think she can. She can also call up the unorganized militia asking for volenters - bet she'd get plenty.

cciota
07-30-2010, 10:48 AM
My thought was that it's going to take a while for this lawsuit stuff to wind it's way through the court system to finally get to the SCOTUS. Illegals still pouring in and now I here about BO trying to sidestep the Congress and grant amnesty through some kind of regulations involving Cass Sunstein. I would think if she really wants to play hardball, like Sheriff Joe is doing, she'd tell BO and his adminstration to f@ck off and send the National Guard herself.

jojo
07-30-2010, 10:57 AM
It is my understanding that if the Fed calls them up then the Fed pays for them but if she calls them up then the citizens of Az would be paying for them and they are already spending so much on the illegals that Az is broke to start with.

One thought is that she could ask that all recipients of unemployment benefits (they've lost their jobs anyway) could be asked to volunteer to go to the border. The state could furnish all of the gear to support them like tents, uniforms, MRE etc.... and see what response that got. I'm sure she would get a lot of volunteers.

We all know that alot of that gear gets sold off as surplus anyway. So it wouldn't really be costing them much.

mriddick
07-30-2010, 11:31 AM
She would also be legally responsible (personally) if some untrained volunteer did something illegal. She would end up in court with the otherside showing how the fed told her not to get involved, lack of training of those sent, etc... She'd probably be on the hook for millions if not jail time depending on the issue that got her there.

smittylite
07-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Plus , after this injuction on the AZ immigration law, I doubt the messiah will live up to his pledge to send 1200 National Guard troops to the border starting August first.

Just wondering.

1200 troops will not do jack. In order to put 1 guardsman patrolling each mile of border, it would require at least 1500. As it stands, barely 600 of the 1200 will be "on the ground" at the border. The remainder are support staff.

We need the AZ State Guard but the state currently has no way to fund such an endeavor.

cciota
07-30-2010, 12:38 PM
1200 troops will not do jack. In order to put 1 guardsman patrolling each mile of border, it would require at least 1500. As it stands, barely 600 of the 1200 will be "on the ground" at the border. The remainder are support staff.

We need the AZ State Guard but the state currently has no way to fund such an endeavor.

But let me ask this. Would the cost of putting the Guard be negated if it gets rid of the problem and the reason the state is going bankrupt? I understand not having the money, but what do you do? Keep finacially bleeding to death? Or cut the arm off to save the body. If that makes sense. I know it's easy to sit here and play couch quarterback. But......

mriddick
07-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Maybe they should do the opposite, pull all state resources from the border, tell people they will not respond (waste tax money) on calls about crimes and illegals, heck I'd tear up the state roads the US border patrol uses and refuse to allow them airspace for their helecopters just to make it tougher on them as well. If various police dept around the nation can say if they don't get a raise things like that will happen I can't see how you could deny a state in trouble with money from doing likewise...

I think the problem would take care of itself...

Paladin
07-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Maybe they should do the opposite, pull all state resources from the border, tell people they will not respond (waste tax money) on calls about crimes and illegals, heck I'd tear up the state roads the US border patrol uses and refuse to allow them airspace for their helecopters just to make it tougher on them as well. If various police dept around the nation can say if they don't get a raise things like that will happen I can't see how you could deny a state in trouble with money from doing likewise...

I like the way you think...

Here's a little update. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9H966J81&show_article=1

cciota
07-30-2010, 01:01 PM

I had to think about that for a minute, but I got it. Good point. (I'm slow sometimes)

chiak47
07-30-2010, 01:04 PM
This sheriff is asking for donations for weapons and armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn8hsaRmFnk&feature=player_embedded

Paladin
07-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Here's a link to an interesting memo. http://www2.nationalreview.com/memo_UCIS_072910.html

Some quotes from and thoughts about the memo.

“This memorandum offers administrative relief options to . . . reduce the threat of removal for certain individuals present in the United States without authorization,” it reads.

Also: “In the absence of Comprehensive Immigration Reform, USCIS can extend benefits and/or protections to many individuals and groups by issuing new guidance and regulations, exercising discretion with regard to parole-in-place, deferred action and the issuance of Notices to Appear (NTA), and adopting significant process improvements.”

In recent weeks, Sen. Chuck Grassley and others in Congress have been pressing the administration to disavow rumors that a de facto amnesty is in the works, including in a letter to Janet Napolitano. “Since the senators first wrote to the president more than a month ago, we have not been reassured that the plans are just rumors, and we have every reason to believe that the memo is legitimate,”

Many of the memo’s proposals are technical and fine-grained; for example, it suggests clarifying the immigration laws for “unaccompanied minors, and for victims of human trafficking, domestic violence, and other criminal activities.” It also proposes extending the “grace period” H-1B visa holders have between the expiration of their visa and the date they’re expected to leave the country.

With other ideas, however, USCIS is aiming big. Perhaps the most egregious suggestion is to “Increase the Use of Deferred Action.” “Deferred action,” as the memo defines it, “is an exercise of prosecutorial discretion not to pursue removal from the U.S. of a particular individual for a specific period of time.” For example, after Hurricane Katrina, the government decided not to remove illegal immigrants who’d been affected by the disaster. The memo claims that there are no limits to USCIS’s ability to use deferred action, but warns that using this power indiscriminately would be “controversial, not to mention expensive.”

The memo suggests using deferred action to exempt “particular groups” from removal — such as the illegal-immigrant high-school graduates who would fall under the DREAM Act (a measure that has been shot down repeatedly in Congress). The memo claims that the DREAM Act would cover “an estimated 50,000” individuals, though as many as 65,000 illegal immigrants graduate high school every year in the U.S.

In the immediate wake of the court decision blocking the Arizona immigration law yesterday, the memo is sure to create controversy — and the sense that the administration is bent on preserving and extending the nation’s de facto amnesty.

DenaliPark
07-30-2010, 01:40 PM

I would definitely obstruct the agents of the federal government, not a scintillia of cooperation, nada!