PDA

View Full Version : Coffee! Made to taste!

63DH8
03-20-2011, 02:12 AM
I found the quality of grind makes a difference. While browsing through Craigslist, I found one of the best coffee grinders on the market going for less than 1/5th of what it normally does! http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/bfs/2273157237.html In case they pull the ad, it's a Bunn G1 grinder. Bunn also makes a G2 and a G3 grinder. The only difference is the G1 can hold one pound of beans. The G2 can hold 2 pounds. It's obvious what the G3 can hold. They can grind a pound of beans in less than 30 seconds! :coffee:

Unfortunately, I'm having my truck's injectors and headbolts replaced at the moment, so the budget is a bit tight at the moment. :(

old Grump
03-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Kind of torn myself right now. A pot doesn't last long and a new larger coffee pot is wanted by all 3 of us but looks like coffee might be going up and cutting back could be in the future. I have my mug in front of me now and I'll get another mug later but only because we spoil ourselves on Sunday.

Thunder storm outside, snow is gone and all that rain just makes it seem like a coffee kind of day. Glad I got my shooting in yesterday, I had a feeling it was going to get wet.

Sister has places to go and things to do, Biker brother is getting a rash from not being able to ride his bike and I have a new pair of machetes for brush cutting and a garden that is begging for attention. Come on sunshine.

7 hours and 39 minutes till it's officially spring.

63DH8
03-20-2011, 01:47 PM
OG, I looked on-line, and found the prices is twice what I can get whole bean around here! :eek: On the average, I can get whole bean coffee for around $6-7 bucks. If I shop around and look hard for sales, I can get the price for a little over $5 a lb. There's one place that has a free membership to their coffee club. It's a little out of my way, so I don't get to go there much. However, they're starting to be worth the extra miles. They're going for a little over $5/lb, but you get a free lb after the 10th lb of coffee.

I'm lucky to live in the Pac Northwest; Coffee is sold all over. I almost fear moving from the Puget Sound area because I don't know if I can get the variety that I can here. Ditto with the seafood.

Hedning
03-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Iv had nothing but bad coffee all day long at a black powder competition. I think it was made out of some gravel they found arround the range somewhere. Probably where the dogs makes a leak... tasted that way. Coffee is awfully pricy over here these days, so there is no gourmet coffee in the house. Guess I have to stick to the Statoil free coffee for a while...

btcave
03-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Coffee shopping Northwest style. What's your poison. Fred Meyer(Kroger).

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa113/StoreWest/KRO%20Fred%20Meyer/OR%20Medford%201301%20Center%20Dr/Photo401.jpg

63DH8
03-21-2011, 01:40 AM
Yup! That's pretty much the norm. And that doesn't include the canned major brand aisle. :coffee:

HDR
03-21-2011, 07:04 AM
I buy beans at Costco and online.

My latest find was Ruta Maya a high altitude shade grown from Mexico. Really a good coffee. It is imported to Texas and roasted there so it is legal. ;)

I just went through the networking from hell. LOL My neighbor is a field quality technician for the local cable company who ran a line in for him. When this area was "developed" cable ran by on the main road so putting in cable was required by the county.
To make a long story short we paid for less than 200' foot of cable to get from his house to us. All we needed was the cable and he did the install.
Everything (internet, TVs, dual band nano in the TV etc) was installed and working just fine and when I woke up the next morning the dual band (2.4 & 5 Ghz) router died. Anyhow the TVs are working and so is the 8 meg internet; I still have to install the nano for the internet and pair the 3D glasses on the one TV set.

kathy
03-21-2011, 01:20 PM
HDR! Glad to see you you back.

Hedning you always make me laugh. :wink:

loads of coffee there Btcave, not the case here. I love dunkin doughnuts coffee, its a chain here and I think they put something addictive in it.

OG my campaign manager moved to "the villages" with her husband. I will be involved somehow 2012. Sorry your biker brother has a rash from not riding, mine cleared up when the sun finally came out and I got in a few hours with my best friend... my bike. Hope he gets out soon... its hell.

Coffee is great today, we had warm weather for weeks... today its snowing. Happy spring everyone! :coffee:

HDR
03-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Kathy,
It is good to be back.

Weather was superb today; 74F here at the house and in town it is closer to 80.

kathy
03-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Thats great HDR, wish it was the weather here. Snow melted but its still cold and rainy. The spring flowers and tree buds are trying their best. Very soon we will catch up.

HDR
03-22-2011, 06:09 AM
Spring is heading up the coast. :D

I am really enjoying my new network; super N dual band has it all over G. I still need to hard line the extra bedroom so grandson can plug his play station.

63DH8
03-22-2011, 02:07 PM
HDR! Great that you're back! You were greatly missed, and there were concerns! I have to ask, how is Ruta Maya? I never heard of it.

I found a source for used and refurbished commercial coffee grinders like the one below. I went on Craigslist and used "Bunn", "Grindmaster", and "Wilbur Curtis" as search words. You can find a used commercial grinder for about the same price or less than a high quality home grinder. The refurbisher I ran across is selling his for around $100, depending on the cosmetic wear.
http://www.bunnomatic.com/images/prodlibs/jpgs/G1HD_Red.jpg

What I don't like about home grinders is the position the burr is. Every one I have ran across has the burr in the horizontal position. this causes a condition where you need to clean it out often or it clogs.This is because the burr has to force the grinds through a chute. The far side of the chute gets clogged with grounds, and clumps. Soon, the clumps block the exit part of the chute. The commercial grinders you find in the stores has the grinding burr in the vertical position. They grind faster and don't clog due to the fact they have an auger to help feed the beans in, and the grounds out. Here's an interesting note! The burrs are warrantied for 30,000lbs of beans! :coffee:

Hedning
03-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Iv just spend two hours of cursing, swearing and making up words that bans me from every religion on earth.... some failed monkey abortion has hacked my mail.... Send spam to every single one in my contact list. I really want that person to sit on my 10 gauge and spread out like manure.... Child molesters, hackers and slow drivers should be treated the same way... food for 10 gauge or send to the moon.

old Grump
03-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Find the hackers and I will send you a case of 10 gauge #4 shot. In the meantime I will delete any E-mail from you I get till you say you are clean again.

63DH8
03-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Hedning, I totally agree with you! Hurt them, and hurt them bad! Not long ago, I had to straighten out my older daughter's bank account because someone hacked into one of her accounts and got into her checking account. I had to spend several days repairing the damage.

kathy
03-22-2011, 05:39 PM
My sons email was hacked he warned everyone on facebook not to open emails from it. Emails with links to malicious sites were going out.

It was a yahoo account, maybe the freebies are not so good to use.

edit: Please pray for our Military especially those serving in the cluster "f" going on in Libya.

btcave
03-23-2011, 01:05 AM
The back is doing so much better. I still have some discomfort. Notice I'm not using the word pain. I did some canyon diving today with my dog Cooper looking for traces of my lost cat. It felt good to be in the woods again and picking out game trails to follow through the brush. First time in almost a half year.

63- Things ain't 100 percent, but I can now hump the back country again... on a good day. Much better than before.

kathy
03-24-2011, 04:47 AM
BT that is great news! Enjoy.

Snow again here...:santa2: Where did spring go?

63DH8
03-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Hey Brian, how long was it since the surgery? I understand everyone's mileage may vary, so I'm taking this as a guide.

I got some news from the mechanic who is working on my truck. I went to the dealership he works for, and talked to him. He had me feel the cylinder walls of the engine. I noticed there's no ridge at the top of the cylinders. Also, the home marks are still on the walls. The mechanic said he rarely sees this little wear on engines when they come in with as many miles as my truck has. He suspected the engine was replaced at one time, so he checked the records and engine number. It's the original engine! Over 277,000 miles, and little appreciable wear in the engine! He said he thinks there will be no problem exceeding a million miles if I continue to take care of it as I had.

btcave
03-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Surgery was January 6th. I don't think I'll try a back pack for a few more months. I've been taking a lot of walks in the woods with the dog when the weather holds.

I got to change the oil in the truck. Never oil changed a diesel before, unless it was an M551 Sheridan Tank or a M2 Bradley. Need to go get the supplies at Bi-Mart. I'll likely get it done this weekend.

old Grump
03-25-2011, 09:25 PM
After I hurt my back I had a couple of years of therapy and prescribed exercises including free weights and swimming but I really believe the long walks at night with my dog in the city and in the forest in the day time did more for the back then all the rest of it. It made the dog happy and that made me happy so I tried a little harder and probably walked triple the distance I would have on my own. It is really hard to argue with "A dog is man's best friend".

btcave
03-25-2011, 09:43 PM
After I hurt my back I had a couple of years of therapy and prescribed exercises including free weights and swimming but I really believe the long walks at night with my dog in the city and in the forest in the day time did more for the back then all the rest of it. It made the dog happy and that made me happy so I tried a little harder and probably walked triple the distance I would have on my own. It is really hard to argue with "A dog is man's best friend".

No arguement there. Even when they are whining for a rawhide from the cupbord and driving you nuts. Like mine is right now.

63DH8
03-26-2011, 01:07 AM
Hey Brian, I found those 6.0 diesels are finicky about their oil. It's because the injectors use the engine oil to force the fuel into the cylinder under high pressure. There's two oil pumps in the engine; One that's for the engine lube, and the other to power the injectors. Because the fuel has to be injected under high pressure, the viscosity of the oil and how long the oil retains it's viscosity makes a difference. You'll notice it more after you change the oil than before.

I don't change my oil anymore. I quit when I went to dump the oil at Shucks. Just as I started to dump the oil, I realized the tank was full. When I tried to stop pouring the oil, it surged back and dumped all over me. It was at that moment I decided it wasn't worth the pain and bother. The engine likes fuel filter changes too. I change mine at every two oil changes. Those, I do myself.

btw... I got my truck back from the dealer this evening. It's much quieter and has more power. It idles smoother too. The next thing I'm changing is the exhaust. I'm going to a 4 inch to keep the exhaust temps down.

HDR
03-26-2011, 05:21 AM
The back is doing so much better. I still have some discomfort. Notice I'm not using the word pain. I did some canyon diving today with my dog Cooper looking for traces of my lost cat. It felt good to be in the woods again and picking out game trails to follow through the brush. First time in almost a half year.

63- Things ain't 100 percent, but I can now hump the back country again... on a good day. Much better than before.

Glad to read "no pain" and you are up and moving around. I hope you can find kitty.

btcave
03-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Glad to read "no pain" and you are up and moving around. I hope you can find kitty.

Kitty is back at home. I found some pretty places in the woods around home that I hadn't been to. It's private property, so I guess you could say i was trespassing, but I had to find my cat. I know the neighbors, and they don't mind me taking walks, but I try not to take advantage of it and wear out my welcome.

63-Changed oil today. $50 in oil to fill 'er back up. Oh, gods. I can't believe you already got 270,000 miles on that truck of yours. Wow. I just rolled over 60,000 on mine. That's 8000 miles since last June when I bought the Beast. Yes, we call it the Beast, just like the Bronco before it.

kathy
03-28-2011, 06:27 AM
Good morning, glad all are back home safe. My dog is snoring on the floor. I have not walked her since I moved into this place, no excuses now the snow is gone. I think its time for a walk...

Right after my coffee. Everyone have a Fantastic Day.

63DH8
03-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Had a rather bad weekend. Saturday, I woke to find a leak in my kitchen. Erika found the fitting for the hot water under the sink was leaking. Also, the garbage disposal had loosened and was also leaking around the sink. I took care of them with little problem. However, while I was out getting plumber's putty, more things went wrong. I was heading home on the freeway doing 65-70mph when it started to deluge (bet you didn't know that is an actual term to describe how heavy rain is coming down :coffee:). I mean it looked like someone had turned on a firehose on my truck's windshield! Then it started hailing on top of that. Shortly afterwards, my windshield wipers stopped working. I could hear the motor running, but the linkage wasn't working. I managed to get home without killing anyone. Just as I got home, I got a call to pick up my truck. Sunday, I noticed water seeping onto the kitchen floor. I figured it was from the leak I repaired, so I mopped up the water and Erika placed towels on the floor to soak up any water that may continue to seep out. This morning, Erika said she found the leak. The hose on top of the water heater is leaking. Fortunately, I had installed shut off valves on all the water lines near the water heater in case I ever have to replace the water heater. Unfortunately, I got tiles coming up in the kitchen now.

On the up side, the truck purrs so nicely that even the cat starts purring inside the truck! :thumbsup:

63DH8
03-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Brian, did you notice any performance increase after you changed your oil? I usually do. At least by the seat of my pants.

My dealer detailed my truck while it was in the shop. Cleaned the dash, vacuumed and scrubbed the carpets, got the dust out of the vents, cleaned the windows, and put protectant on my leather seats.

63DH8
03-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Anyone seen hide or hair of AWP?

btcave
03-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Brian, did you notice any performance increase after you changed your oil? I usually do. At least by the seat of my pants.

Maybe a bit smoother and responsive acceleration, but since I drive it like an old man and baby the heck out of it, it's hard to tell.

...what is it with you and plumbing?!?!

old Grump
03-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Plumbing, always out of sight and out of mind, a luxury when it works and the bane of our existence when it doesn't. I have the tools and the back ground but I hate plumbing, hate it, hate it, hate it....except when it's working right then I love it.

kathy
03-30-2011, 06:49 AM
Anyone seen hide or hair of AWP?

I thought he posted a thread a while ago. Hope he comes back.

Were planning another attempt to get the Gadsden flag flown over the capitol on Memorial day for those who sponsored our Liberty. My son who served in the Marines tried last year but was denied. The folks at the capitol claim its a "partisan symbol" they are ignorant. We've been trying to educate them but they are extra dense.

I started a group on facebook to plan it. Were going to storm the capitol with requests to assure "Never Forgotten" is more than words. Along with the Gadsden flag a request for each of the Military branches also. I want to send them to Afghanistan to my active duty sons buddies deployed there.

old Grump
03-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Just a guess here but considering most politicians woeful lack of knowledge of the constitution and American history I am betting you a dollar to a donut that they have absolutely no idea who Christopher Gadsden was or that Benjamin Franklin had anything to do with the flag. Ah the public school system strikes again.

Hedning
03-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Been a bit quiet on the eastern front, but Im alive. I hoped this spring wouldnt be as busy as it is. Been living at work more or less. Thats not good because Im supposed to fart arround OG`s porch soon. Hope I can get a week or so to get away from it all.

Nothing new from norway. Snow is going away, sun is up and the days are getting longer every day. So everything is normal.

Now that the ice is going away from our lakes and stuff I have to check with you guys if you still know what to do if you see a Sweed drowning..... Yes, the answer is still, do nothing.

old Grump
03-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Go ahead and try to drown me you little runt. I'll float out there with my lunch box on my belly and use you for bait. :coffee:

Besides you can't skip out two years in a row, I have a semi trailer full of targets and I can't shoot them up fast enough by myself.

Horatio the rattler says "Hissss", that's rattle snake talk for 'Hi, when is my snack coming?' I think he is kidding. I'm pretty sure he is kidding, ever since I gave him those pickled herring he has developed a craving for Norwegian. :laugh:

Hedning
03-31-2011, 01:14 AM
Looking forward to empty that trailer.... Horatio however...not so sure about him. Make him behave and Ill say hello. If not Ill drop by a pet shop and buy a Mungo, or Mung(o)ose or whatever you call them over there.

Enough chilli, habanero, coffee and good stories piled up?

btcave
04-01-2011, 07:59 AM
Hi all.

Ah, Friday. I'm seriously thinking of taking a Yoga class. I'm told it strengthens the core and I could seriously use relaxation techniques for my high blood pressure, which incidentally has gone down some since leaving the service. I found an instructor who is also a physical therapist. This should be good for my continued recovery of my back and sciatic nerve.

Oh, April 1st. Today is my official first day as a civilian as per my retirement orders putting me into the retired reserve. I'm now what's called a gray area retiree. That's the limbo land the reserve and national guard retiree's are in from the time they get out and the time the pension kicks in. That won't happen for another 17 years. So I will continue to plug away at the high tech industry and enjoy all my weekends free and my summers uninterrupted by 3 weeks of Annual Training.

Mmmm. Good coffee this morning.

Hedning
04-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Yoga..... Funny you mention that. When I was going to bed last night Mona messed up my usuall sleeping habbit. She told me she had just gotten a new app for her got damn Iphone. It was a relaxing Yoga thing. A guy with a rather dull brittish accent guided you through the whole thing. I fell asleep halfway through it. I slept like a baby. Thing is.... I think Ill steal her Iphone every night from now on. It worked pretty good to make me relax.... I still dont like Apple though.

old Grump
04-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I had a Tai Chi tape I was going to start following. Bought it a little over 10 years ago, been through a couple of TV's and 3 or 4 VCR's since then but never got past the second viewing of the tape. Made the mistake of playing it in my bedroom and laying down to watch it. I have seen the first 3 or 4 minutes twice, never got around to the third time.
Maybe you guys are onto something, I could stop getting up at 3AM and going back to bed at 6AM if I just slept better to begin with.

Must be Spring, snowed most of last night, rained most of today.

Hedning
04-02-2011, 02:35 AM
OG.. you should try to find the same guy I was listening to. If you cant manage to relax, his voice will make you sleep anyhow.... Like Black Adder says... A cunning plan.

Ditto over here. Spring was so nice. Sun, birds singing, water flowing all over. And then a heavy snowfall ruins it. Then again, its just snow. Snow isnt a killer where I live.

Im sitting here thinking.... I think Iv lost my "is" and "are" rules. Send me a mail and enlighten me on that OG, please.

Going to the blackpowder range today. An old Whitney has to be broken in. I dont think they did that 147 years ago. Today pistols and revolvers are pretty much all sighted in at 25m or so... All of those military revolvers from the 1800`s were sighted in at 70 yds give or take a little. What happened to our skills? Politics were, aim for the belt buckle, you`ll hit something.

Anywho.... have a great weekend

old Grump
04-02-2011, 01:54 PM
'Is' and 'are' rules? I need a hint.

Hedning
04-02-2011, 04:31 PM
He is, she is, you are, he was, she was, you were and all that.... I mix it up sometimes.... Maybe this is one of those things you never think of? Because you just "know" whats the right thing to use. Same thing over here. Our best norwegian teachers are infact foreigners. Because they know the grammar, why it is this and that way. A born norwegian just see and hear the right grammar. Not why its that way...... You know what I mean?

btcave
04-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Sun is out, but it's windy and about 49 degrees F.

old Grump
04-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Best English speakers are foreigners who learned the formal style of speaking in class. Girl child was a straight A student in languages but she quickly found out that she learned more about how French was really spoken with her pen pals and not from class. Learned more Spanish working with her volunteer church group making houses in Mexico in the summer than she did all year in school. I don't know about her Italian. Mine was waterfront Italian so probably not good for polite company.

Best thing is just to be around it and pick it up as you go. I guarantee you will be ruined by the time you leave .............. uh, I mean you will be speaking it pretty good by the time you leave here. If you go all formal on me I won't know how to behave around you. :laughingtohard:

7 mph winds, sunny and a delightful 56 degrees. Got some shooting in today. Boy am I rusty.

kathy
04-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Does anyone speak chicken, I'm thinking of getting a couple for eggs. So far leghorns look the best for laying me lots of eggs. Maybe 2 or 3, not sure where to get them and how to know they are females. The info sites say get peeps to be sure they will like me. the forum I found says they like to cuddle? There was also a site to buy them online and have them shipped? good idea....? My head is spinning.
:wow:

old Grump
04-02-2011, 10:28 PM
I don't know about your area but the best source here is the local feed store. They deal with them because they get to sell the feed for them. The old boys sitting around jawing away will have the answers best suited for your area.

You get the little ones you won't know right away who is him and her is her but as soon as they begin to show you got some fine young tender eating chickens. Unless you want to raise your own replacements you won't need a rooster so they will all be expendable. The neighbors would appreciate it too.

kathy
04-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks OG, roosters are not what I want. Maybe I should start with some that are a little older than peeps.

I almost hit a turkey in the road this am, 4 more were crossing behind it. Brazen birds around here. Unless they are where they can be hunted, then you wont see any.:coffee:

Hedning
04-05-2011, 03:18 AM
I know a guy that picked up 5 chickens. They all turned out to be roosters. His wife still laugh.

Oslo area is rainy and about 40F.

Pretty proud of myself. Last night I managed to totally disassembly a winchester 1886 and put it back together. J.M Browning was no stupid fella. When I see the prices on these old rifles I praise my lucky star. I didnt pay much for this one. Then again the action is good, but the bore looks like Mao Zedongs ass. Dark and scary. Not sure Ill hit the paper at 10 feet.

Any plans for the Easter holliday folks?

kathy
04-05-2011, 04:44 AM
5 roosters? Hopefully it didnt take long to figure out there would be no eggs. Great work, winchester is here in CT let us know how it shoots..:fighter2:

The more info I get the less likely the chickens will be in my yard. Tomatoes and blueberries seem more likely.

Rainy here again today, tornado watch all the way from New Jersey to Fla. Weird...

Have a Fabulous Day Everyone.

63DH8
04-05-2011, 10:53 AM
When I was a kid, my neighbors had a rooster that would visit us exactly at 0500 from the fencepost outside of my bedroom windows. That wasn't so too bad during the weekends as I had to get up for school about that time. However, weekends, that wasn't my cup of tea as I wasn't getting up that early. One weekend during the summer, my neighbors had a horse show to go to, and my parents were in Seattle. I decided to put a stop to early wake-ups. I got my dad's photography lamps. You know the ones that photographers use to light up their subjects for Easter pictures? I set up two of them. I set my alarm for 0450. I got ready after the alarm woke me. I had the window open and my Winchester shotgun cocked and loaded. At 05, I heard rustling in the bushes. I waited until I heard the rooster fly to the top of the fencepole. I hit the switch to the lamps, and saw the rooster right in front of me on that fence pole about five feet away, ruffling up his feathers. He got a "cock-a-do" out when I squeezed the trigger on my shotgun! It took me the rest of the weekend to get rid of all the evide... I mean feathers. I hadn't realized I had a deer slug chambered.

About a week or two later, my neighbor asked if I saw their rooster. I pointed out towards the woods where I tossed the remains and said, "I saw him heading that way a while back." My neighbor said, "I hope the coyotes didn't get him. They've been howling out in that directions for the past couple of weeks."

kathy
04-05-2011, 07:11 PM
63D LOL.

"somebody a kill it anda I makea the soup!"

My DIL said she was being attacked by a rooster as a child and her little old Italian grandfather ran to her rescue shouting that armed with a wooden spoon.

old Grump
04-05-2011, 07:39 PM
So was this a specialty slug or a special purpose slug and was it really sufficient or did you have to shoot twice. Neighbors had 5 roosters but wouldn't kill any of them because they were to soft hearted to kill an animal. I told them that eventually the alpha rooster would kill the other roosters starting with the low roster on the totem pole but I was assured that would not happen because they were raised togehter and they were all friends.

One day I am outside putting gas in the Mule and hear BOOM and usually they only shoot 22's in their back yard. I go over and there was his last rooster shot with a 12 gauge with a turkey load of #6 shot, the only shells they ever buy because turkey's are the only game bird they hunt.

He killed the other roosters and I'm not going to have an animal like that on my property he says. I bit my lip, you would have been proud of me. I got all the way home and in the house before I laughed. His boy tried to tell him that with the other roosters gone there was nothing else this rooster would have killed. His girl blamed him for all 5 roosters death, her dad should have done something to stop them from fighting. Sad part is they are used to cleaning game animals and eating them but the rooster was buried.

I love city people living in the country. They keep reminding me we didn't all grow up on farms and what is obvious to some of us is completely foreign to others.

63DH8
04-05-2011, 11:46 PM
It was a regular 2-3/4 inch 12 gage deer slug that was available in the late 70s. Nothing fancy. I think a varmint round like a 22.250 would have done a better job, but I didn't know of such thing back then. As it was, the slug blew the rooster into chunks. But on a whole, they were few small chunks, but mostly feathers and a few large chunks. :coffee:

old Grump
04-06-2011, 01:46 AM
So much for being the alpha bird in the flock.

Here's one I wanted to do when I was a kid but after trying once with a sling shot and failing miserably my tattle tale sisters told on me and I never got the chance to try it with a real gun.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81419205/

Today that is probably a Federal crime. A fellow can't tell for sure, there are to many laws on the books to try and keep track of them.

kathy
04-06-2011, 05:28 AM
You did good OG, hard not to laugh in the face when its so obvious. :tooth:

The RTC Chair of one of the towns I ran for state rep in says Im now in the regional district with his town, and he suggests that they need fiscally conservative people on the school board. It will be an election but on a small scale. :punch:

edit: I do miss poking my finger in the eye of tyrants.

old Grump
04-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Let's see, you are an experienced campaigner now that gives you a leg up, you have face recognition now, that's a leg up. If you get on the school board you get to affect the most important institution in our country, that's pretty important. Then when you run for town council, mayor, senator, governor you will have had elected office experience. You weren't doing anything but working your little tail off anyway were you?
:coffee:

kathy
04-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Let's see, you are an experienced campaigner now that gives you a leg up, you have face recognition now, that's a leg up. If you get on the school board you get to affect the most important institution in our country, that's pretty important. Then when you run for town council, mayor, senator, governor you will have had elected office experience. You weren't doing anything but working your little tail off anyway were you?

Nope... and I miss giving them
hell. :dancing-banana-red-

old Grump
04-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Nope... and I miss giving them
hell. :dancing-banana-red-
And they miss catching hell. :runforhills:Kathy is coming, Kathy is coming.

kathy
04-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Your funny OG, I hope we all can get together one day. Taste that rhubarb pie.

Hedning
04-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Rhubarb... wonder if that is what we call "rabarbaraba". Funny word, and it makes funny faces on kids trying it for the first time. My brother used to have a bicycle that was to large for him. He didnt know how to get of it. The rhubarb was his landing site. Every day you could see him come home from school, go arround the corner of the house...and, flomp.

Spring it is. And like every spring I forget to dress lighter. Makes me sweat like a blind gay man in a sausage line.

old Grump
04-07-2011, 03:50 PM
That reminds me, I better go out and clean up my Rhubarb patch and feed it.

Rabarbara je višegodišnja zeljasta biljka sa krupnim listovima (http://bs.wikipedia.org/wiki/List) i dugim debelim zelenim, ljubičastim, ili ružičastim stabljikama. Biljke posjeduju velike listove i trokutastu dugu mesnatu stabljiku. Cvijeće (http://bs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cvijet) je malo, zeleno-bijelo do roza-crveno. Postoji mnogo vrsta rabarbare uzgojene kao medicinska (http://bs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicina) biljka i kao biljka za ljudsku ishranu (http://bs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishrana). Za ishranu se koriste samo stabljike, jer listovi posjeduju toksin (http://bs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toksin).

Yup you are right it is Rhubarb.

Hedning
04-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Looks Russian, but is it? Could it be Bosnian?? Talking about Russian. I have a strange pack of coworkers these days. We are a bunch of norwegians and sweeds. Then there is a guy from Polen, one from Latvia, one Danish, a Russian and one guy from New York USA. The Russian guy is from Siberia, we shouldnt complain about winter anymore. Jesus, that place is a hard place to live. The guy from New York used to live close to Manhattan. Now he is a hard working guy on a construction site in Norway. The dirt under his nails probably wount come off if he lives to be 125 years. Funny how life throws you arround..... An indian told me once, when I was in Canada...: "Live your life like the leaf floating down the river". He was a chief, and owned a huge golf course for Canadian hotshots. I found that very funny.

old Grump
04-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Slovene, my Bohunk Great Grandpa would have been able to read it and that is what he called Rhubarb. I didn't know you Norwegians used the same word.....or was it just your spelling, What you got in your coffee there old buddy?

Funny you mentioned that old saying about life. I just used a line similar to it on another site. "Life isn't fair or unfair, life just is."

kathy
04-07-2011, 07:09 PM
"Life is like a box of chocolates... " yummm. I just hope some of them turn out to be sugar free. :happy:

old Grump
04-08-2011, 12:19 AM
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Bob/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png
Grandma's Recipe Box: #2 Death By Chocolate (http://www.hotfromthekettle.com/food-and-drink/2011/2/24/grandmas-recipe-box-2-death-by-chocolate.html)

http://www.hotfromthekettle.com/universal/images/transparent.pngThursday, February 24, 2011 at 12:32PM
http://www.hotfromthekettle.com/storage/IMG_7223.JPG?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1298569841 566Betty Crocker and Duncan Hines are two of my Grandmother's biggest heroes. She's a huge fan of boxed cake mix! In fact, she thinks it's absolutely ridiculous when I insist on making a cake from scratch.
Here's the second recipe out of Grandma's Recipe box, a very decadent confection, Death By Chocolate! Although it's incredibly easy, relying heavily on instant ingredients - boxed cake mix, instant mousse and Cool Whip - the tall, chocolately Trifle makes a very impressive appearance.

Ingredients:http://www.hotfromthekettle.com/storage/304935-DeathByChocolate.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=12 98569098612
1 Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Cup Kahlua Liquor
4 Boxes Chocolate Mousee (or Instant Chocolate Pudding)
4 Bars of BarNone Candy, chopped
2 Large tubs of Cool Whip

Bake chocolate cake as directed. When cooled lightly pierce the top with a fork and drizzle with Kahlua. Cover cake with plastic wratp and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, break up cake into small pieces and layer, cake, mousse 9or pudding), BarNone, and Cool Whip. Repeat layers until the Trifle bow is full.

For you Kathy, it's the best I can do.

kathy
04-08-2011, 06:28 AM
OG That is awesome! Your Grandma knew how to combine goodies.

old Grump
04-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Grandma did but I got this off a site called Death by chocolate. I found it a long time ago and it's one of my favorites to go back to. Those deserts are the kind where we make one and split it among 3 of us and then we have to check our blood sugar to see how much insulin we need. Always worth it though, it makes a very happy belly.

Hedning
04-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Rabarbaraba is the word we use in Norway. We must have adobted it. Way to un-norwegian to be born here. As a kid I used to dip them in sugar and eat. Maybe I should try to make something out of it.

It has been a nice day over here. Sunny and good. Collected 7 kg of blackpowder, reloaded a bunch of 45-70 and 45-90 rounds for a BP competition on sunday. Looking forward to it.

Been at the hospital again with my throat, thats why Im a bit delayed coming over OG. The first thing they did didnt work. Im waiting for another round. Knifes and full package this time. Hopefully they`ll take me in during May. If Im lucky I can shout at you when I get over. Havent been able to do that for 3 years. I miss it....

Have a great weekend....

old Grump
04-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Have fun at the shoot but good luck with the operation. I'd rather see you in August loud and profane then squeaky in May. I'll work on building up a bigger supply of targets. I will dig into my files and find some Rhubarb recipes and send a few to you. The beauty of rhubarb is it goes with so many other fruits and berries in combination. Rhubarb/Cherry pie,
Rhubarb/Apple tart, Rhubarb/Strawberry jam, and then there is:

Rhubarb Cake

Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups raw Rhubarb cut fine
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour

Directions: In large mixing bowl cream sugars and butter, add egg and salt. Stir in applesauce, soda, vanilla, and flour. Add rhubarb. Pour in prepared 9x13x2-inch baking pan and sprinkle with 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Bake at 375-degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. The cake is moist, do not use frosting.

Hedning
04-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Indeed, squeeking is no good. And please send me some recipes... The rhubarb just grows and dies. Nobody seems to harvest anymore. Just a place to find worms for fishing... holy smoke, that reminds me. The season for hunting pike is just arround the corner. I better get my shotgun ready. Pikecakes taste soooo goood.....

old Grump
04-08-2011, 04:44 PM
You use a shotgun for bait????

Good thing about rhubarb is that picking it makes the rest of the rhubarb left behind grow faster. If you have a nice patch of it now get some manure and side dress it now before it gets big, then mulch to keep down the weeds. After that just check it every week or so until you see a few stalks as big around as your thumb and just pull them out. DO NOT CUT THEM. If you do it leaves a stump behind taking up energy from the plant and it will rot. If it's ready to harvest it will pull away from the mother plant easily.

Mark Ducati
04-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Pssst! "AMAZON.COM"

That's where we buy our coffee from... its cheaper.

We've got a Tassimo single cup coffee maker, just put the little disc in and you've got coffee in less than 60 seconds.

As for OP commenting on the grind... we also buy coffee beans by the bag and I use a simple Krupp's grinder.... it only holds perhaps a 1/4 cup of beans (enough for a pot of coffee) and depending on how long I mash the button down, I can get the grind as fine as talcum powder for esspresso, or just perhaps 20-30 seconds for a routine grind for normal strength flavored coffee.

When we make it by the "pot", I use a Bodum type karafe that "presses" the coffee... quicker to make than drip, stronger flavor... the Tassimo or Keurig type single cup makers are convenient when all you want is a single cup before work.... the kids love making hot chocolate in it too.

kathy
04-08-2011, 08:25 PM
I love that Tassimo commercial, that little robot makes me want a cup of coffee.

Coffee beans better than chicken poop?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVI2w21IlFU&feature=related

Hedning
04-10-2011, 04:30 PM
OG... dont tell me you havent hunted pike before... Every spring it goes for shallow water to breed. Thats when you should be lurking arround with your shotgun. In knocks them out long enough for you to grab them. However, you should use a fork or something. And I dont mean the kind of fork you got in your kitchen.

old Grump
04-10-2011, 05:12 PM
I could do that but then the Sheriff, the Game Warden and the State Police would all want a word with me. Then they would take my guns, my ammunition, my fishing gear, my right to buy a fishing and hunting license and a very large amount of my money. Since I can't pay the money I will have to go to jail, you wouldn't want to visit me in jail. I get really ornery because they take my belt and my pants fall down and they take my cane and I spend time hanging onto walls or kissing the floor. This does terrible things to my disposition. Thanks to the robbery at my storage shed 2 years ago almost all of my fishing gear is gone including the Pike and Musky lures. That doesn't help either. I'd rather fish than eat but I can't fish anymore and that hurts more than you know.

Hedning
04-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Oj... they dont like fish hunting over there do they.. Try to stay out of jail for a little while longer. I remember you talked about those bastards stealing your fishing gear. Any idea who did it? Local punks?

kathy
04-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Good evening everyone. It was in the 70s today, nice! :coffee:

old Grump
04-11-2011, 10:06 PM
I had 80 yesterday and a good afternoon shooting then the winds hit. Not far from me they had tornadoes and the roads are flooded near my nieces home. Today it was 63 and all the tornado towns are picking up the pieces. Don't like the weather wait a minute. They just had a guy on TV talking about standing outside looking at the funnel cloud and seeing debris fly through the air. It turned out to be half of his roof. He was an older duffer like me so probably retired, that's going to be hard to recover from.

63DH8
04-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Some dredge of society broke the window of my truck and took Liz's purse while we were eating dinner at a restaurant. I didn't know Liz's purse was stolen until we got a phone call telling us her purse was found. The only thing I could find that was taken was her bank card. Of course, I called the bank to let them know. Liz's card is froze, and she'll get a new one with-in a week.

old Grump
04-12-2011, 01:49 AM
Considering I do not believe in capital punishment If I could do to habitual thieves what I want to do to them they would prefer capital punishment. I hope you got the card froze in time.

63DH8
04-12-2011, 01:56 AM
I managed to get Liz's card froze in time. I like the Muslim's way of dealing with thieves... Chop their hand off and cauterize the stub with a red hot steel. That way, everyone knows who are the thieves.

kathy
04-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Glad you got the card dealt with in time, too bad about your window 63D I hope the crook/vandals get what they have coming to them one way or another.

Here in CT life imprison means cable tv and ping pong, death row does not.

63DH8
04-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Last night, I noticed our refrigerator wasn't working. I pulled out the fridge from between the counter and the pantry to check if a mouse had chewed through the cord like one did last time. Everything looked good. I did a test to see if I was getting juice to the outlet. The multimeter said I wasn't. Idiot me had a flash of realization! Check the damned circuit breaker, you idiot!!! Sure enough; It was tripped! I feel like an idiot for not checking the easiest thing first!

old Grump
04-14-2011, 04:56 PM
I usually, USUALLY check the breakers first but I have been known to pull things out, un-tape and pull off wire nuts, put meter probes on and then go check the breaker. :rotflmbao: And I am an electrician. :naughty:

Being a pro doesn't always mean we will do it right the first time. On the other hand I will pull it out and check if the breaker was tripped hard. My nose has found problems before I could see them with my eyes or meter and flipping the breaker back on is not always a good idea. You did good.

By the way did you clean out all the little cobwebs underneath, clean the grill of the condenser and vacuum up the mice poopers before you pushed it back to the wall. We are supposed to do that regularly but somehow it just never gets on our schedule unless we have to pull the refrigerator or freezer out for some other reason.

63DH8
04-16-2011, 03:20 AM
I got a phone call today from the restaurant's owner. They found a clear picture of the guy breaking into my truck in their security cameras. The owners said they have always gotten a conviction and sentence of at least five years when they get pictures that clear. Turns out the restaurant's owner was a sub hunter in the Navy. He said catching these crooks made him feel as alive as back when he was hunting sub on active duty! :coffee:

kathy
04-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Great news for you both! Hope they catch the crook...

This kids showed me this... good for a giggle:

http://www.kidstube.com/videos/62977/episode-1-annoying-orange-apple

kathy
04-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Our next President!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSzOTS1b1GY&feature=player_embedded#at=106

63DH8
04-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Isn't this commander who pulled out a pistol on an enemy combatant to extract information that saved several of his troops? If so, he got MY vote! :thumbsup:

old Grump
04-17-2011, 06:17 PM
If nothing else I like him just for this.

Rep. Allen West Tells ‘Koran-Wielding‘ CAIR Executive Not to ’Blow Sunshine up My Butt’

Posted on February 22, 2011 at 12:02am
by Scott Baker (http://www.theblaze.com/blog/author/scott/)

At a townhall meeting hosted by Congressman Allen West on Monday evening in Pompano Beach, the Q&A segment of the meeting featured a Koran wielding Nezar Hamze, Executive Director of the Council for American Islamic Relations (CAIR). Hamze confronted Congressman West and asked him to point out where in the Koran does it give marching orders to Muslims “to carry out attacks against Americans and innocent people”. West quickly pointed out that the Koran was written long before America even existed and that it does indeed tell believers to kill infidels, and then proceeded to chronicle a lengthy list of historical Muslim acts of aggression.

I would like to see a little more legislative experience before we start touting him for the White House. I'd like to see where he goes when gun control issues are brought up in the house.

63DH8
04-17-2011, 10:04 PM
I can add one more thing to this FUed week! I got a phone call just before 5 this morning. One of the kids I'm helping through college called, telling me there's something wrong with one of her housemates. One of her boyfriend's friends went to a party and ended up getting his drink spiked. According to the cop, it looked like someone put angeldust in his beer. Fortunately, no-one got hurt. The police officer had everything under control. When Tyler got loud, the officer told him he wasn't there to arrest anyone, but to make sure Tyler doesn't hurt himself or anyone else. Tyler was fairly cooperative, but was tied to the gurney for his and the medic's safety. Tyler is down from the drugs now. He's calling and emailing everyone and apologizing for how he behaved.

old Grump
04-17-2011, 11:04 PM
I thought we had it rough with silo shine and bad marijuana back in the innocent days when only bums had golden arms. This really sucks if you can't go out for a sociable beer and have to worry about when and where you are going to wake up.

kathy
04-17-2011, 11:08 PM
63D he would be well advised to avoid parties with any of those people in the future.

Lt Col Allen West has to run, I joined a group to draft him. So far of all of the great people stepping forward it is him who I like best to lead! :clap:

http://912warroom.com/2011/04/allen-wests-late-night-speech-causes-crowd-to-sing-god-bless-america/

63DH8
04-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Alright! New favorite coffee! Blue Mountain Jamaican! :coffee: Not acidity, not oily, mellow and can stand on it's own with it's flavor. :thumbsup:

Kathy, I feel anyone who remembers the purpose and reason of his oath of office would make a better politician and President than any of those professional politicians any day of the week! I'd like to hear what he feels on different issues. That'll be the deal sealer.

btcave
04-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Going to try to get a couple of the dirt bikes out of my shop and attempt to get them to run. They have been locked up for 2 years without riding. Two Honda CRF 250R's and a CRF 150.

I know I have to change the gas. Clean the plug. Then I'll spend the next 15 minutes trying to kick start the things and getting pissed off. I'll likely find myself tearing down carbs and cleaning them up when everything else fails. The CRF 150 needs to get running as I plan to put it up for sale.

Then to get the daughters quad running again...

Looks like 68 degrees and sunshine tomorrow. This will be the third 60+ degree day since December.

63DH8
04-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Brian, you may want to try this before tearing into the carb... http://www.b3cfuelsolutions.com/html/mib.html

I had problems starting with my chainsaw and weedeater until I used it.

63DH8
04-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Kathy, I was going to show that video to some friends of mine. Do you still have that link?

kathy
04-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Kathy, I was going to show that video to some friends of mine. Do you still have that link?

If I can remember which on it was, I figured it was spamming after putting the first one. I created a facebook page to write Rep LTC West in on your ballot. There is a boatload of youtubes there... each one better than the last:santa2:

My new project in politics is getting a reaction...from the GOP fools in CT he he :firedevil:

I am going to try to get on the state central committee... wont they love that. The arrogant fool at the top was cursing at me just this morning... lil ole me can you imagine.:coffee:

edit moved videos to their own thread.

old Grump
04-23-2011, 02:41 PM
You big brute you. It's trouble makers like you that killed the magazine ban bill in your state. Aren't you ashamed of yourself. :hoo-yeah:

kathy
04-23-2011, 03:06 PM
You big brute you. It's trouble makers like you that killed the magazine ban bill in your state. Aren't you ashamed of yourself. :hoo-yeah:

We have a very strong and growing 2nd amendment movement here.

I shouldn't be making this about me, but it feels good to be shaking things up again. I will be helping my friend Malvi run for senate, she is an outspoken lady who escaped Cuba with her parents. But for now I will follow the lead of Rep LTC West and tell it like it is..... :googoo:

I offered to meet the R party guy cursing at me via email in person if he wants to discuss it further. Let you know what he says, odds are hes brave when his keyboard is protecting him not so when its face to face.. I learned from all of you my Veterans friends to be polite and professional.....behind the scenes support for my current endeavor is building. :thumbsup:

btcave
04-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Kathy, your amazing. I love it.

kathy
04-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Thank you BTCave. I have done nothing compared to you.

its surprising the support I am receiving in two days, people remember me. Just may be able to pull this off.

kathy
04-23-2011, 06:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thuP_kWx82k&feature=player_embedded

james01
04-23-2011, 08:11 PM
You know it's not noce to pick on some one that is not armed.:thumbspbig::you-rock::proudusa:

kathy
04-23-2011, 08:23 PM
You know it's not noce to pick on some one that is not armed.:thumbspbig::you-rock::proudusa:

edit: as suspected no meeting will take place. No wonder CT is turning communist, the people who are supposed to be opposing it are weasels with no brains.

kathy
04-24-2011, 06:19 AM
Happy Easter Everyone.

The resurrection, Life anew. Christ has Arisen.

63DH8
04-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Kathy, it usually takes a candidate more than one try to get the seat. Don't give up now! Take the bull by the horns and run! :thumbsup:

btw... The video I thought you deleted was on another page and not deleted. However, the video you posted that you thought I meant brings more things to the table. I'm taking them, and having friends check them out. They never heard of Col West.

kathy
04-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Kathy, it usually takes a candidate more than one try to get the seat. Don't give up now! Take the bull by the horns and run! :thumbsup:

btw... The video I thought you deleted was on another page and not deleted. However, the video you posted that you thought I meant brings more things to the table. I'm taking them, and having friends check them out. They never heard of Col West.

Each video I find is better than the last, I suspect we will hear much more about LTC Allen West in the coming year. Even if he doesnt run for CinC he is VERY effective as a Congressman.

http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/uploads/126/Compare.JPG

kathy
04-24-2011, 10:42 PM
63D I forgot to reply about the candidate thing, I am just trying for state central committee. The guy Im debating with is one of the established higher ups. He has been hurling insults and cursing at me in emails for days.

This morning I concluded our conversation noting that I am leaving the exchange knowing he is only very brave behind the safety of his keyboard. We were debating the accuracy of the emails of the town chairs on the Website. I tested of all of them and 19 bounced, I just sent him the list of the bad ones so they can be fixed. Wont hold my breath.

I hope it takes him a while to get the egg of of his face.

btcave
04-24-2011, 11:17 PM
If you told me West was going to be my Battalion Commander, I'd volunteer for another year in Iraq or Afghanistan. He can give a hell of a relevant speech. I hope and pray he does well.

Hedning
04-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Iv been a stranger lately, guess Iv missed a lot of good coffee. Mona made me coffee a few hours ago... and she put cinnamon in it. Almost ended in a divorce. You dont do that to a man with both balls intact.

Took little one to a waterworld thing in sweeden yesterday. She sure had a good time. Kids, water and slides. Good combination. Even I found it fun to bounce arround in those tubes. Nut so fun when my brain got flushed out, but no one seems to notice any difference.

Wheater has been very nice. Hottest Easter for like 80 years or so. Hope it stays like this for a couple days more.

Mona claimed she found a grey hair among my hair. I think not....to be continued

old Grump
04-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Mona claimed she found a grey hair among my hair. I think not....to be continuedRemember growing up is optional, growing old is mandatory. Father time will not be denied so if you have a white hair popping up here and there just look at it as proof you lived long enough to get them. Better to be old, white haired and bald then to die young with a nice head of hair. (to be continued)

btcave
04-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Don't worry about the possible gray hair. You'll survive.

Me, I'm pretty much gray now at 42. It's a curse from my grandmother on my fathers side. Her and her brothers were white haired at 40.

My wife is older than me with beautiful long, dark hair. She's getting gray in amongst it now. It upsets her. She doesn't like the idea of coloring her hair, but that is what she wants to do. She can be a bit vain. I would like her to let it go natural, gray and all. I don't think she will listen to me.

kathy
04-26-2011, 06:47 AM
My grey hides well, since my hair is light. I would not color it either... too much trouble.

Warm here yesterday and Easter, two of my sons, DIL and grandkids came over. Cub scouts is cancelled again, my grandson will be very disappointed. We should have done the Young Marines, they never cancel

I need a 5' X 9' Navy Jack to fly over the capitol here on Memorial Day, anyone know where I may acquire one? The Web comes up empty.

Hedning
04-26-2011, 04:53 PM
I dont mind getting a few grey hairs on my scalp. It gives me a certain "patina" to go with the old firearms. Going bald however would become interesting as my scull is so bulky it reminds you of an old bad gravel road spring time. I suspect that my mom dropped me to the floor when I was born.... several times. And then lifted me up and tried to straighten things up with a shoe or something.

Weather is so good its hard to belive. 59-68F... that is remarkable hot in my area at this time of year. I dont think it drops below 40 at night. I have my shorts ready for tomorrow. My legs are so white I might cause a couple traffic accidents, but who cares?

I hope everybody enjoys spring just as much as I do. It will be even greater when the weekend comes. Ill spend a pile of hours at the range. That and fix my Ram`s steering. Not so fun though. Turning 250k miles made a lot of things ready for replacement.

OG.. do you know how many sweeds it take to change a bulb?.... 3. One to hold the bulb, one to swing the chair and one to call a norwegian and ask which way to swing the chair.... Thats why your porch light is out. You havent called me to ask which way to swing....

old Grump
04-26-2011, 11:00 PM
I keep the porch light on so Norwegians can find the door handle. Otherwise they try and come in through the cat door and they always get stuck. They sure do make sad noises until we get them unstuck.

Hedning
04-27-2011, 05:27 AM
:laugh:

Yes, I cant grasp why they make them so narrow.

kathy
04-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Coffee time. :cool1:

You guys always cheer me up.

Have a Fabulous day.

Hedning
04-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Managed to get home early today. So I decided to clean up the cockpit on my truck a little..... wow... I found 3 boxes of Winchester of 9mm rounds, 3 cans of blackpowder (2P Wano, if you must know), and a barrel from an old Kammerlader in there!!! About 50 pounds of dirt too.... oh and enough coins to pay off a small third world country`s foreign debts. (that last sentence sounds weird, I must have switched to norgenlish)...

Oh and OG... make sure you widen that cat door. I might catch a late flight and get in trouble finding the handle. Then again, I could change that porch light for you while Im out there.

old Grump
04-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Remember on my door I have a sign saying "Cats taste good, recipes given out by request". There are large traps just inside my door for capturing the ingredients for my famous cat stew. I guess I could make Norwegian stew if I had to but I'm not sure how to adjust the spices for the blander taste.

Don't worry, I will have a printed instruction book, a map to the door handle and a flashlight hanging from the door to help you find the door knob and anything else you might have lost.

For instance paragraph 3, section B line 1 through 3 says 'Place hands on chair. Sit on hand. Congratulations you have just found your ass.'

Paragraph 7, section A line 1 through 3 is identical except it says 'Congratulations you have just found the mind you thought you had lost'. :naughty:

kathy
04-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Company Stew?

old Grump
04-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Company Stew?He wouldn't dare complain or say it was inferior. :coffee: His turn.

When we were little munchkins Hedning lived next door to me. One day I am out in the garden with my shovel making a 2' wide hole by 2' long by 3' deep. Hedning looks over the fence and says to me, "What are you doing?" "My goldfish died and I am burying it." "Oh." he says, "I am sorry to hear that but isn't that a pretty big hole for just a goldfish?" "He's in your stupid cat." says I.

Then the fight began.

Hedning
04-28-2011, 04:44 AM
Oh I remember those days...So much fun. Wasnt that arrround the same time as you didnt know how to say "no"? .....Ooo yes I remember those two local brutes asking you if you wanted your ass kicked. And you said yes. They wooped you so bad your mom had to take you to the doctor. And he told you that you had to learn how to say no..... The very next day you met those two punks again.. And they asked you.. "Well, did you get enough the last time?"........ no.

By the way. Im not that fond of cats myself. Little one chased one out of her sandbox this morning. Hillarious scene. That little girl with a too long stick chasing that cat arround swearing the best she can.

I found a kitten left in a dumpster a few years back. I took it home and gave it to my brother. We named him Stalin, because he looked just like him. Well, months later it turned out that he was the incarnation of Stalin him self not just by looks. Stone crazy. The last thing he did was refurnishing the face of a friend of mine....

kathy
04-28-2011, 08:37 AM
People keep trying to populate my new house with cats. No thanks, I like cats but dont want any more trouble to contend with.

I need to be able to figure out which plants growing in my garden are weeds and not weeds... they groth has become explosive out there... lots of surprises. :coffee:

old Grump
04-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Rhubarb and perennial flowers doing good to but it rains every day so I haven't been able to work up the soil for my veggies.

Hedning, when is your surgery? Pretty soon I hope.

When those brutes asked if I minded if they beat on you for awhile I said ......... "No, I didn't mind a bit." :laugh:

Hedning
04-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Funny you mention the surgery, because I tried to reach my doc today concerning that. I havent heard from them since I was there 3 weeks ago for a little check up. I should have received a letter several days ago. Ill try again tomorrow. Hopefully the surgery will take place in May.

kathy
04-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Hedning I hope all goes well.

Update on the political project I was working on before, we may not have gotten our documents in my town due to the elected official purposely withholding it. Thats fraud, I have to turn it in. Its going to cause a riot...

old Grump
04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Riot in your little town and riots in Wisconsin. May Day big union rally complete with motorcycles. Democrats are screaming for the governors head and there are now more Republicans being slated for recall petitions then Democrats. They are asking for extensions on the deadline for the recall petitions because not all of them have the required signatures yet.

To make it even more interesting JoAnne Kloppenburg called for a recount and already there are problems because of bad or misplaced memory chips and faulty spreadsheets. If she wins the new collective bargaining law will be history as soon as it gets to her court. If she doesn't win the recount look for a Minnesota recount where they will keep counting till they get the results they want. I think they have a deadline they are supposed to meet but some townships are already asking for extensions.

Wish I was 20 years younger and healthier. I want to get in on this so bad but I would be shot down so fast. I have trouble with the diplomacy part of politics.

kathy
04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
I really hope the unions dont win.

Im not really all that diplomatic, I ran my situation by my friends most think the right thing to do is to blow the whistle right away. Im calling the authorities, let them sort it out.

OG this is just within the Republican party. Here in Connecticut it is rotten to core, thats why they don't win elections. The Democrats are full on socialists if not communists. My friends are all moving away.