PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Stumpknocker says hey ya'll !

Stumpknocker
03-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Just wanted to say hey to everyone here and to thank Romak for the invite. Always wanted an ak type and am the proud new pa of my wasr . Can't wait to let 'er loose & see what she's got.

aliceinchains
03-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Well hello and have some fun. They are great rifles hands down.

romak10/63UF
03-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Hey stump just a heads up buy FMJ and a few HP rounds to see if your new Wasr will feed fine... there are rumors that WASR's Dont like HP... feed ramp problem... eazy fix... Let us all know when you go to the range i would buy like 60 rounds of fmj an 20 rounds of hp... just to test out your new toy.

romak10/63UF
03-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Hear is a picture of my most recent Wasr 10/63 UF

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/nismo619/romak1063003.jpg

Stumpknocker
03-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Hear is a picture of my most recent Wasr 10/63 UF

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/nismo619/romak1063003.jpg

that's nice, but is the lower handguard on backward? and does your bayonet stay in place? mine must have been a clinton, had welded muzzle nut and the darned bayonet lug is ground down. I like the shiny bolt too

Stumpknocker
03-21-2011, 09:11 PM
thx Aliceinchains, like the name. Yeah I'm ready to go shootin' and warm up my barrel ! BTW is there a way to know at a glance if corrosive or not ?

FunkyPertwee
03-21-2011, 09:32 PM
thx Aliceinchains, like the name. Yeah I'm ready to go shootin' and warm up my barrel ! BTW is there a way to know at a glance if corrosive or not ?

Brass cased Yugo is the only corrosive stuff coming in right now that I know of, so unless you've got some old ammo its non-corrosive.

FunkyPertwee
03-21-2011, 09:33 PM
that's nice, but is the lower handguard on backward? and does your bayonet stay in place? mine must have been a clinton, had welded muzzle nut and the darned bayonet lug is ground down. I like the shiny bolt too

Romania made two types of wooden donkey dong handguards. The one your looking at is made so that the underfolder stock clears it.

romak10/63UF
03-21-2011, 09:36 PM
The romanians came out with two differant types of forward grips the one i have on my romanian wasr 10/63 is the correct one for a paratrooper " underfolder " type ak-47 the other grips were forward grips.

i polished my bolt carrier so it rides smooth an true down the gas tube chamber..

You can take off your muzzle nut an put on a slant muzzle brake or the ak-74 type like as i requested you could get.. its really eazy all you need is a dremel an a dremel cut off wheel... the muzzle nut is tack welded in place just dremel down right before the threads .

You can use the most recent ammo like " Brown Bear " " WOLF " " SILVERB EAR " GOLDEN BEAR " all made in russia.. 2,350 fps on most of them or higher.... FMJ is what i recomend...

Stumpknocker
03-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Thanks FunkyPertwee, Like Johnny Carson used to say, " I did not know that " something else I learned today . Also thx for the headsup on the ammo, bought some boxes of ulyanovsk hp ammo last week and 1 box of mfs fmj

Stumpknocker
03-21-2011, 11:02 PM
polished carrier looks nice, yeah removed the nut no dremel tool here hacksaw and 4" makita grinder made quick work of it, afterward just did a lil smoothing with file. put on slant brake, but looking at ak 74 type. BTW are there any major differences in those 74 brakes beside a wild diff in price?

az_paul
03-22-2011, 01:43 AM
Hello from Arizona and Welcome Aboard!! You should be warned that collecting AK's quicklybecomes addictive.

Stumpknocker
03-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Hmm I remember the first tattoo I got and was hooked, stopped at six, I guess cuz I'm cheap. Lookin forward to makin' my romanian my own. Never been to Az. maybe before I die. Do you have any pics of your projects?

romak10/63UF
03-22-2011, 02:21 PM
yes stumpknocker there is a big differance when you go out to the range make sure to bring your " slant " muzzle brake an if you bring your ak-74 for 7.62x39mm one just try them both out an you will find out the differance in one pull of the trigger .

I use the slant muzzle brake so i can attach my bayonet just for looks for right now but when im at the range i use the 74 style muzzle brake. Differance will be night an day.

Stumpknocker
03-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Thx Romak so do you think mine is ban era ak?I'm guessing so but not sure. Also are there multiple slots for the site pin in the brake for directing blast?

romak10/63UF
03-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Stump normaly there is only one slot in the slant break 12 oclock postion. The slant brake should be siting now at a 9 to 6 postion to be able to curve the exiting blast of recoil so your rifle should recoil down so you follow up shots should keep you on target.

I honestly hands down like the ak74 brake in 7.62x39mm its alot better .

Is your wasr 10 only hold 10 round ? single stack ? can you be able to post pictures ?

p.s. scroll up an look at the pictures of my romanian slant muzzle brake im 99.99 % sure thats were they sit.

Stumpknocker
03-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Thx Romak , here's my new baby579

O.S.O.K.
03-28-2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=579

Looks like a WASR! Congrats!

You will find that we can help out with mags, accessories, mods and ammo - just look around :)

Great to have another good member!!

O.S.O.K.
03-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Here's your other pic:

http://www.gunsnet.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=580&d=1301024642

Stumpknocker
04-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Thx OSOK , went out shootin' today. Finally ! I only had 1 box of mfs fmj ammo from tapco mag, flawless. Then went on to ulyanovosk hp from metal com bloc mag , second round stuck at mag exit and fourth then loaded tapco mag with rest. Worked just fine ! Does that about fit your experiences ? btw I put a galil guard from tapco on the other day, nice tight fit, it was 15.95 from blackjack buffers ! clearance section

Stumpknocker
04-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Hey Romak . Yeah, got a tapco brake, slots on it are apx 9 & 6 positions . Mine is double stacked mag, went out shootin today and found out that my metal commie mag hates hp's and my plastic tapco doesn't care. Got two back to back fail to feed from hollow points at mag exit(the tip smacked the exit edge on the mag, noticed that the follower was bent just a little downward). So far the mag has made the difference with the hp's but time will tell.

El Laton Caliente
04-03-2011, 06:39 AM
HP does seem to get sticky in some of the rifles. Normally you can polish/smooth the feed ramp and cure that.