PDA

View Full Version : WASR TAPCO Trigger question

Orlando
03-22-2011, 09:15 AM
I am trying to help a friend
He has a WASR with trigger slap issue. I was going to order a TAPCO trigger and install it for him but see there are two differnt versions, double and single hook.
Which one should I get and what is the difference between them?
Thanks guys

FunkyPertwee
03-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Get the single hook.

Double hook is for milled receivers and Chinese rifles, I believe.

imanaknut
03-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the group !!! :welcome:

While all Romanians use single hook triggers, you can easily tell by looking under the rifle at the trigger and noting then number of very small slots to the side and just in front of the trigger itself, as part of the trigger hole itself. This way you can tell if the rifle itself was designed to use either single or double hook.

Removing the receiver top cover and just counting the number of hooks holding the hammer is another very simple way.

If you have an extra double hook trigger, it is possible to modify the underside of the extra hook to allow for clearance in the receiver without having to modify the receiver for the second hook.

If you want to try to fix the trigger slap before spending money, remove the disconnector, being careful not to lose the spring. Then dremel or grind off a little of the disconnector just aft of the spring hole. You should be able to see where the disconnector hits the trigger by looking for a shiny spot on both the disconnecor and the cross piece of the trigger between the two arms that the reset spring lie on.

Grinding off just a little in the shiny area should do away with trigger slap. You can take a little off the trigger too where you can see the contact, but the disconnector spring pocket is very shallow and you don't want to hurt it.

That is my way as I am a cheap son of my mother! :D

blobman
03-22-2011, 07:31 PM
just buy trhe fcg,but as stated earlier see which one you need.........again dont bother dremmillin the disconnector

deth502
03-23-2011, 02:19 AM
im with nut. its an easy fix.

if you do decide to go with the new fcg, if in doubt, get the single hook. the dbl hook will only work in a receiver cut for it (without modification, as nut stated, to either the trigger or receiver) but the single will just drop into either.

deth502
03-23-2011, 02:22 AM
a disc. with partial tail that will cause trigger slap

http://aa-ok.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/a/k/ak50-2.jpg

what you want yours to look like after grinding

http://aa-ok.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/120x/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/a/k/ak50.jpg