PDA

View Full Version : Here is to new beginnings!!!

Vorkutinetz
07-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Here is a shout out...and just to show that I am still around and have not been busted with those 11 amateurs a few weeks back;) ....this is a joke, Mr. Federal Agent reading this;) Anyways, excited to be back. Here is a vodka shot to all you guys!!!

smittylite
07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Na Zdarovye

mrkalashnikov
07-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Vork,

thanks to your posts and pics here on the old Russian forum, I recently purchased (and drank) a bottle of Russian Standard.

I've never been much of a vodka drinker but it was good stuff. :boozer:

L1A1Rocker
07-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Good to see ya around here.

Dr. Gonzo GED
07-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Vork,

thanks to your posts and pics here on the old Russian forum, I recently purchased (and drank) a bottle of Russian Standard.

I've never been much of a vodka drinker but it was good stuff. :boozer:

I'd like to second this!

Ever since Vork's suggestion, I've switched to Russian Standard and never looked back!

It's smoooooooth.

Vorkutinetz
07-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Good to see you guys!!! Very glad that you have joined the ranks of the Russian Standard converts:) It is still the only vodka I drink. I have tried a few new ones and there only one that I have found to be better than RS...its called Beluga...however at 60 euros for a bottle, I dont think I will be switching to it anytime soon:)

BarqueCat
07-14-2010, 09:57 PM
vashe zdorovye

Okay - here's an off topic question (although the vodka may help...)
I am interested in learning to speak Russian. I have threatened to adopt a young hockey player, but that might cause some issues with my husband.... The local community college does not offer courses - any suggestions? Oh - I'm in the redneck hills of TN in the good 'ol USA.

Vorkutinetz
07-14-2010, 10:22 PM
"adopting a young hockey player" LOOOOL :) I can see why it may not work :) On a serious note, Russian is pretty hard po pick up on your own, especially if you dont have any native speakers to bounce things off of and get corrected by. There are audio courses (I dont remember the name, but can ask a friend that used it) that will help you grasp the basics and get some vocabulary in you. That would definitely get you started. Listening to it helps. My wife can understand a lot of it, enough to get me in trouble....but she has been around the language for 17 years:) So in short, anything that comes in a form of a course, be it in local college or on a CD will get you the basics. To get fluent you would need to go there for a while...or learn in in US armed forces (they do a good job teaching it BTW):)

And welcome to the group. Good to have you here.

Prometheus168
07-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Just come get drunk with Ilya (Vork) and crew...... being a born and bred Texian the more I drink.. the more Russian I can speak... hell I can even sing a song from start to finish in Russian....

Vorkutinetz
07-14-2010, 10:39 PM
LOL. I did not think about that one...Good point. Just come drink with us BarqueCat:) You will pick it up fast enough:) And I can attest, that Rusty can sing an entire song, every word and without an accent. Seriously, no accent.

Polish Boy
07-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Just come get drunk with Ilya (Vork) and crew...... being a born and bred Texian the more I drink.. the more Russian I can speak... hell I can even sing a song from start to finish in Russian....

lol it doesnt happen to be ths soviet national anthem does it? Maybe I watched to many movies with it.

smittylite
07-19-2010, 04:12 PM
LOL. I did not think about that one...Good point. Just come drink with us BarqueCat:)

Be very careful BarqueCat....... :D Make sure that you can drink first, and I mean DRINK :smiley_freak:.

ubersoldate
07-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Ilya, good to see you my friend...

You too Mike!

Warlord
07-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Been what seems like an eternity since the old sight went down, it's just nice to see everyone slowly regrouping. As far as the vodka, I have been drinking a lot of Svedka. Reasonably priced and smooth. I did tour a distillery in Maine ("Cold River Vodka"). Potato vodka, a little expensive but very nice. Guess I'll have to try the Russian Standard next. Hers to all of you, good to be back! :boozer:

BTW Vork the Russian is taught by "Rosetta Stone"

I'm looking into it as well :cool1:

Vorkutinetz
07-20-2010, 11:46 AM
lol it doesnt happen to be ths soviet national anthem does it? Maybe I watched to many movies with it.

No:) LOL. Its a song by Lyube:)

Vorkutinetz
07-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Be very careful BarqueCat....... :D Make sure that you can drink first, and I mean DRINK :smiley_freak:.

We're not that bad:)

Vorkutinetz
07-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Ilya, good to see you my friend...

You too Mike!

You too, brother.

Vorkutinetz
07-20-2010, 11:49 AM

Thats the one I was thinking of, just could not place the name. Thank you. And, please, do try the RS and let us know how youlike it. IT is cheaper than Stoli ;)

Vorkutinetz
07-20-2010, 11:50 AM

Thats the one I was thinking of, just could not place the name. Thank you. And, please, do try the RS and let us know how youlike it. IT is cheaper than Stoli ;)

Warlord
07-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Vork,

I did find the RS, and come to think of it I did try a 750ml bottle before. To be honest it was OK but it was not as smooth as Stoli or Svedka IMO. There was two types regular RS and Platinum, is it the platinum what your talking about?

:lets-drink: Позволяет пить товарищ.

Vorkutinetz
07-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Vork,

I did find the RS, and come to think of it I did try a 750ml bottle before. To be honest it was OK but it was not as smooth as Stoli or Svedka IMO. There was two types regular RS and Platinum, is it the platinum what your talking about?

:lets-drink: Позволяет пить товарищ.

Cool. Actually you are not the first one to say that Stoli is smoother. People have different pallets. RS is much better for me, then again I always prefferd MOskovskaya to Stolichnaya and many of my friends did not. :) With Platinum it is hard to say, I cant tell a difference (besides the price) but some of my friends like it better. Give it a shot...pun intended:) May be you will like it better than the other. I wish they sold "Beluga" in US...that, so far has been the smoothest vodka I have ever tried...

Penguin
08-31-2010, 09:55 PM

I would also be interested in how well Rosetta stone works. I would love to pick up some more russian. I know a little emphasis on little. My parents know it but, never taught me it sadly.

Penguin
08-31-2010, 09:59 PM
No:) LOL. Its a song by Lyube:)

I like a lot of their songs. I have one if their CD's laying around here some where.

Vorkutinetz
09-01-2010, 10:30 AM
I like a lot of their songs. I have one if their CD's laying around here some where.

They have a few good ones. THe early stuff is OK...too silly for me, but the later albums are much better. Especially for the drunk-around-the-table" singing:)

Partisan1983
09-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Russian Standard whore here also !!!

I had some great post's about it on the old boards.

Damn good stuff.

The only other vodka I ever found to come close was Xcellant (Swiss made).

...and I'm pretty damn sure it was Vork, Rusty and GNS who got me to buy my first bottle.

Ezra Coli
09-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Well, not a drinker anymore but I'm saying hey to you, and I'd like to see Rusty sing that song one of these days.

Vorkutinetz
09-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Well, not a drinker anymore but I'm saying hey to you, and I'd like to see Rusty sing that song one of these days.

Hope very soon. I have not heard that song sang by our Dear Leader in quite some time:)

Vorkutinetz
09-03-2010, 08:55 PM
...and I'm pretty damn sure it was Vork, Rusty and GNS who got me to buy my first bottle.
I'll take the blame on it:) I got them hooked:)