PDA

View Full Version : AK Lighting Bolt

recon
03-27-2011, 09:38 AM
So anyone have one of these?
http://www.coloradoshootingsports.com/aklightningbolt.html

romak10/63UF
03-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Just three days ago i was looking at this product why ? because my wife is left handed an it would help her be able to charge the bolt from her left side then the right side.. This is the only benifit i can see by having a left side Bolt.

AKTexas
03-27-2011, 01:23 PM
$250.00 for solution to a non-existent problem?

awp101
03-27-2011, 01:26 PM
I see the concept thanatos worked out 8-10 years ago is still being touted as "new"...:lool:

Bluntforce
03-27-2011, 02:49 PM
I see the concept thanatos worked out 8-10 years ago is still being touted as "new"...:lool:

Wish he would cross the street back over here, he's taking model pictures again that would be much more appreciated here than on the site he's currently on. How about I PM you that site and you convince him?

BCOWANWHEELS
06-18-2011, 05:25 PM
In TACTICAL USE this is a must have IMO

Lysander
06-18-2011, 07:25 PM

Based on what, exactly? There is not one serious user of the AK who currently mounts this piece of garbage on his rifle, and I doubt if you'll ever see one.

So far your expert advice has consisted of painting furniture black and using the AK Lightning bolt. That's rather...interesting.

Schuetzenman
06-18-2011, 07:56 PM

BS. You flick the weapon 90° and sweep the charging handle or you reach under the weapon after inserting the mag and sweep it back. Takes about the same amount of time and it doesn't put a giant slot down the side of the weapon to help let in debris if dropped.

BCOWANWHEELS
06-19-2011, 06:50 PM
ak stays in firing position with finger just above trigger group ( with my right hand as i,am r/handed, left hand grabs fresh mag and with mag trips mag release and knocks empty mag out, install fresh mag and on return with left hand cycle bolt. about all sog uses this now that use ak's. once you have it you wont want it without it "if" your tactical minded. also the thin slot needed for charging handle isnt as bad as you,d think. JMO

P/S
I do have tactical experienceas I,am almost 60 yrs old and army vet. 8 yrs

Crash
06-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Just three days ago i was looking at this product why ? because my wife is left handed an it would help her be able to charge the bolt from her left side then the right side.. This is the only benifit i can see by having a left side Bolt.

I'm a leftie and the platform "without" the AKLB is great for me as its natural for me to charge the bolt carrier with my right hand.