PDA

View Full Version : Let the Bodies Hit the Floor.

swampdragon
07-31-2010, 01:27 AM
May as well sticky this too then I guess...lol
:yeah:

Who do you really blame?
The con man for making a living, or the deluded followers for being that silly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI

Yeah yeah....before somebody tosses in the oh so predictable "The Bible speaks of False Prophets" stuff.......just answer one question for me...

Why is it that the only "real" prophet is somebody you can't see, can't hear, can't talk to, can't get a tape recording of, can't get a picture of, can't smell, can't touch, or can't taste unless you are eating crackers and drinking wine?
Pretty convenient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o

:laughingtohard:

F-16 CHIEF
07-31-2010, 02:22 AM
"Why is it that the only "real" prophet is somebody you can't see, can't hear, can't talk to, can't get a tape recording of, can't get a picture of, can't smell, can't touch, or can't taste unless you are eating crackers and drinking wine?"

Uh, I don't know what that means, but I'll assume you mean Catholics.

Plus, you can't see, hear, talk to, get a tape recording of, get a picture of, smell, touch, or taste George Washington.

I guess he wasn't a real man.

swampdragon
07-31-2010, 02:54 AM
"Why is it that the only "real" prophet is somebody you can't see, can't hear, can't talk to, can't get a tape recording of, can't get a picture of, can't smell, can't touch, or can't taste unless you are eating crackers and drinking wine?"

Uh, I don't know what that means, but I'll assume you mean Catholics.

Plus, you can't see, hear, talk to, get a tape recording of, get a picture of, smell, touch, or taste George Washington.

I guess he wasn't a real man.

Eucharist only applies to Catholics?
Not hardly. It just goes by different names in other Christian circles and denominations...although not "all" practice it.

George Washington vs Jesus?
Really?
You really want to go there?
lol...

Forum: Religious Issues

This forum is deidcated to the discussion of Religious/Philosophical discussions.

Wanna discuss the proof for George?
I'd say it's pretty sincere.

P.S. Noted spelling error in the header is underlined.

Maser**
07-31-2010, 03:56 AM
I saw him once. My girlfriends mom made us go. It was kinda cool really.

F-16 CHIEF
07-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Eucharist only applies to Catholics?

Absolutely. The Eucharist means nothing to me at all. You don't have to partake in it or the "sacraments". That's not a Biblical idea. It's a man made thing.

Where in the Bible does it say that bread LITERALLY becomes Jesus' body and the wine LITERALLY becomes his blood? It doesn't, but our Catholic friends tell us otherwise. :)

printerman
07-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Absolutely. The Eucharist means nothing to me at all. You don't have to partake in it or the "sacraments". That's not a Biblical idea. It's a man made thing.

Where in the Bible does it say that bread LITERALLY becomes Jesus' body and the wine LITERALLY becomes his blood? It doesn't, but our Catholic friends tell us otherwise. :)

The Last Supper was Our Lord instituting the Blessed Sacrament , He said , "Do this in remembrance of Me" ! Why do Satanist "only" use a Catholic Holy Eucharist during Black Masses ? Because Jesus is truly living and in the Holy Eucharist ! A symbol would do you no good as a sacrament . It is in the bible and we just don't know how and where to look because opposing forces have done their best to give us doubts . Jesus IS pure truth and after receiving Him your eyes begin to be opened to recognize truth . If you have faith , God will show you the truth . If you ask for proof and are skeptical , you may not get proof . God loves a humble and unassuming heart .

blobman
07-31-2010, 03:26 PM
anyone know where the video of stick figures fighting with that song in the audio? to answer your ?,i cant ...thats what makes faith"faith",i have it others dont

printerman
07-31-2010, 03:29 PM
George Carlin was a known Satanist (against Christ)

He says hell is forever mocking the facts as though it's just a concept , however Justice "must" be served and God goes with the truth that justice "has" to be served . So hell is for those who deserve it . After all we do have free will . And DEEP in most of our hearts we know when we are doing wrong . But many rationalize to continue their ways .

Carlin goes on to say the church is all about money , true . Money can be used for good . All hospitals and universities started as catholic before modern times . The amount of good that has been done and that we never hear about is overwhelming coming from the Catholic church . But all we hear about are those who sin within her ranks . And many of those are infiltrators to bring her down .

As far as war , famine , suffering and things make people say "How could there be a God" ? We bring these things upon ourselves . He tells us "The good will suffer with the bad" !

Carlin has all the same arguments that those who rationalize use to continue their decadence and ways of sin ...

Every statement he makes can easily reputed , but the feeble always believe the devil with open ears . A lie will circle the earth dozens of times before the truth can put her shoes on ....

Many have smarts and intelligence , but few have wisdom ! Be wise .

cciota
07-31-2010, 03:45 PM
I thought we were going to talk about the band, "Drowning Pool"!

Never mind. Carry on.

swampdragon
07-31-2010, 04:21 PM

Not a "Biblical" idea?
Lol....

* We observe Communion because the Lord told us to. We are to obey His commands:
And when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." 1 Corinthians 11:24 (NIV)

* In observing Communion we are remembering Christ and all that He has done for us in his life, death and resurrection:
And when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." 1 Corinthians 11:24 (NIV)

* When observing Communion we take time to examine ourselves:
A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. 1 Corinthians 11:28 (NIV)

* In observing Communion we are proclaiming His death until He comes. It is, then, a statement of faith:
For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. 1 Corinthians 11:26 (NIV)

* When we observe Communion we show our participation in the body of Christ. His life becomes our life and we become members of each other:
Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf. 1 Corinthians 10:16-17 (NIV)

swampdragon
07-31-2010, 04:41 PM
The Last Supper was Our Lord instituting the Blessed Sacrament , He said , "Do this in remembrance of Me" ! Why do Satanist "only" use a Catholic Holy Eucharist during Black Masses ? Because Jesus is truly living and in the Holy Eucharist ! A symbol would do you no good as a sacrament . It is in the bible and we just don't know how and where to look because opposing forces have done their best to give us doubts . Jesus IS pure truth and after receiving Him your eyes begin to be opened to recognize truth . If you have faith , God will show you the truth . If you ask for proof and are skeptical , you may not get proof . God loves a humble and unassuming heart .

Say what?
"Only" use it during Black Mass?
Don't fall for the hype.

In spite of the huge amount of French literature discussing the Black Mass (Messe Noire) at the end of the 1800s and early 1900s—no set of written instructions for performing one, from any purported group of Satanists, turned up in writing until the 1960s, and appeared not in France, but in the United States. As can be seen from these first Black Masses and Satanic Masses appearing in the U.S., the creators drew heavily from occult novelists such as Dennis Wheatley and Joris-Karl Huysmans, and from non-fiction occult writers popular in the 1960s, such as H. T. F. Rhodes (who provided a title in his 1954 book The Satanic Mass), and Grillot de Givry (author of the popular illustrated book Witchcraft, Magic and Alchemy).

swampdragon
07-31-2010, 04:56 PM

He says hell is forever mocking the facts as though it's just a concept , however Justice "must" be served and God goes with the truth that justice "has" to be served . So hell is for those who deserve it . After all we do have free will . And DEEP in most of our hearts we know when we are doing wrong . But many rationalize to continue their ways .

Carlin goes on to say the church is all about money , true . Money can be used for good . All hospitals and universities started as catholic before modern times . The amount of good that has been done and that we never hear about is overwhelming coming from the Catholic church . But all we hear about are those who sin within her ranks . And many of those are infiltrators to bring her down .

As far as war , famine , suffering and things make people say "How could there be a God" ? We bring these things upon ourselves . He tells us "The good will suffer with the bad" !

Carlin has all the same arguments that those who rationalize use to continue their decadence and ways of sin ...

Every statement he makes can easily reputed , but the feeble always believe the devil with open ears . A lie will circle the earth dozens of times before the truth can put her shoes on ....

You mean a lie like the Bible?

Besides, a lie cannot "circle" the earth in the first place.
The earth never moves, it's only 6000 years old, and it's flat too.
Remember?
lol...

F-16 CHIEF
07-31-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't know what Catholic site you got that from, but that's communion.

I said Eucharist. The Lord's Supper is absolutely in the Bible.

Partaking of sacraments and the "Holy Eucharist" isn't. It's a Catholic only thing and it's complete BS.

So no, that's still not a Biblical thing. Communion yes. Sacraments and a piece of bread literally becoming Jesus' body, NO!

swampdragon
08-01-2010, 12:06 AM
I don't know what Catholic site you got that from, but that's communion.

I said Eucharist. The Lord's Supper is absolutely in the Bible.

Partaking of sacraments and the "Holy Eucharist" isn't. It's a Catholic only thing and it's complete BS.

So no, that's still not a Biblical thing. Communion yes. Sacraments and a piece of bread literally becoming Jesus' body, NO!

No Chief. It's all the same thing. Just different names with slight differences in interpretation.

Eucharist, The Holy Communion, the Blessed Sacrament, Sacrament of the Table, The Lord's Supper, etc., are just different versions of the same thing.

Anglicans, Baptists, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Methodists and Catholics all have a various form of it within their doctrines.
The only difference is between whether the bread and wine is symbolic or actually Christ.

F-16 CHIEF
08-01-2010, 12:16 AM
I know what you're saying, but besides the difference you mentioned, I don't recognize a piece of bread as Holy. I recognize Jesus as Holy, not bread.

I know it's semantics to some, but calling a piece of bread Holy is just goofy. I guess that's the biggest difference. I'm not a Jesus cannibal. :)

swampdragon
08-01-2010, 12:27 AM
I know what you're saying, but besides the difference you mentioned, I don't recognize a piece of bread as Holy. I recognize Jesus as Holy, not bread.

I know it's semantics to some, but calling a piece of bread Holy is just goofy. I guess that's the biggest difference. I'm not a Jesus cannibal. :)

Now "That"...I cannot argue with.
Perhaps we were just misunderstanding each other.

I thought you were saying that the concept of the Last Supper, or MANY of the other names it goes by wasn't in the Bible!
I'm sure you can see my confusion....lol.

Mark Ducati
08-12-2010, 08:04 AM
RE: Benny Hinn and other supposed prophets

I don't believe that a TRUE messenger of God, prophet, or healer would ask for money.

RJ Shooter
08-12-2010, 08:26 AM
These threads have no intent other than to jab and provoke. You are not wanting an honest discussion, nor are you being sensitive to others' personal belief systems. For some of us, our religious beliefs are at the core of our being. For you to continually post things that are meant to hurt 'maliciously,' is probably worse than insulting our mothers - and foremost, is against GunsNet's rules on 'FLAMING!'

I'm tempted to flush them completely into the trashcan because they have ZERO value here other that to 'create' arguments or throw little ROTFL guys up on the screen in a mocking manner. Just because you don't believe in anything, doesn't mean we don't - or give you the right to constantly belittle. It's like a bully in elementary school picking on the smart kid, simply because he's an intellectually inferior moron and just doesn't "GET IT!"

...Frankly, I'm pretty sick of it! It will stop, or I will stop it. And I personally don't care if you understand, or not. Act like a GN Moderator, or quit.

Paladin
08-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Swampy, I am a Christian, born again, filled with the Holy Spirit.

That being said, let me say that you and I seem to share a similar distaste for religion. There is a religious form that subscribes to the idea of godliness but denies the power of God. However, I do not say that all religion fits into this form. I am speaking of Christian "religion" here as opposed to Christians. There is a true religion. And it is based on the power of God.

Do I feel "jabbed" by you? Sure I do. "Provoked", "flamed"? Yep. And I'd like to thank you for it. I, like many others, have a tendency to become complacent. When I am poked at I also have a tendency to reexamine my premises though. This is a good thing. Thank you for it. It's like you are saying to me, "Hey! How do you know what you know?" This is of value to me. When others have done this sort of thing over the years, upon occasion, after I have become honest with myself, I have had to not just make accommodations, but refurbishments.

Keep up the good work, friend.

Also, I have not become so "religiously" invested in my spiritual position as to feel that a "poke" or a "prod" (regardless of how caustic or sniping it might be) is something I will not at least listen to. In other words, even if you are dead wrong, I'll at least hear you out. Your anti-religious posture so far has been appropriate in my book, without a sense of malice. It smacks of honest dissent. I'll let you know if I think you have crossed one of my personal boundaries.

And finally, one of the reasons I stick around GunsNet is because of the open dialog allowed here. About both politics and religion. And for similar reasons. It would be a shame for me to have to move on merely because either was deemed such a "sacred cow" as to have to be censored.

You godless heathen.

videodon
08-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Swampy...I love the video...it speaks to my funny bone!
:)

RJ Shooter
08-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Do I feel "jabbed" by you? Sure I do. "Provoked", "flamed"? Yep. The problem is, that's NOT ALLOWED UP HERE! ;)

If he, or you, or anyone else wants to start a "flame fest" we have a venue for that! Make sense?

Benny Hinn, his followers, and the rest of that ilk are morons! Plain and Simple! But the intent of posting this in the Religion Forum, and all the replies to other "serious at the time" threads in the Religious Forum, is to flame, slam and maliciously make fun of Christians. If it were a true debate, then it would be different. But its not! It's Bill Maher saying that "you people are stupid" and nothing less.
Instead, it's a bunch of Christians posting something, and a bunch of atheists replying with... :laughingtohard::lmao3:
...and then arguing that there is no God, or there was no Jesus, etc. It's played! And many are tired of it...

ATAK, Inc.
08-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Benny Hinn, WWE trained!

If God is all forgiving how can hell exist?

RJ Shooter
08-12-2010, 03:30 PM
If God is all forgiving how can hell exist?You have to honestly ask for forgiveness. Simple as that.

But, will any answer we give satisfy you? Will anything we say change your mind or your belief? Seriously? Other than wanting to know what we think, is there even a reason to ask?

If you're truly wondering why we would believe such a thing, this link does a good job explaining. (LINK (http://www.carm.org/apologetics/evidence-and-answers/loving-god-would-never-send-anyone-hell))

swampdragon
08-12-2010, 04:46 PM
These threads have no intent other than to jab and provoke. You are not wanting an honest discussion, nor are you being sensitive to others' personal belief systems. For some of us, our religious beliefs are at the core of our being. For you to continually post things that are meant to hurt 'maliciously,' is probably worse than insulting our mothers - and foremost, is against GunsNet's rules on 'FLAMING!'

I'm tempted to flush them completely into the trashcan because they have ZERO value here other that to 'create' arguments or throw little ROTFL guys up on the screen in a mocking manner. Just because you don't believe in anything, doesn't mean we don't - or give you the right to constantly belittle. It's like a bully in elementary school picking on the smart kid, simply because he's an intellectually inferior moron and just doesn't "GET IT!"

...Frankly, I'm pretty sick of it! It will stop, or I will stop it. And I personally don't care if you understand, or not. Act like a GN Moderator, or quit.

Well, I find your post here quite silly.
And childishly over-sensitive too.
So you are saying that because I have an alternate view than you, then "I'm" the stupid bully and the religious people are the "smart" kids?
lol....grow up.

If you only want a Religious "Issues" forum that only agrees with "your" line of thinking...then change the name of the forum to "Religious People Only" and take the word "issues" out of it completely.
That way, all the religious people can sit here and pat each other on the back and nobody will have any "issues" with it.

If you take the time to actually read here, there have been quite a few good discussions and quite a few interesting points from "all" sides...not just yours.
If you deem that as ZERO VALUE, then I submit that you are reacting here with a personally emotional response rather than from any logical point of view.

My threads seem to generate a LOT of discussion.
We talk about everything from Bible verses to aliens to demons to DNA to history to varying doctrines to belief to disbelief to undecided to completely decided.
The list goes on and on.

Some people here disagree with me.
Some do agree with me.
Some have a different idea altogether completely.
But discussion does flow, and that's the whole point of a forum.

The whole "be sensitive" thing is pretty hypocritical.
I've noticed for years that Admins have no problem at all if I take occasional pot-shots at Muslims or Democrats or Liberals or anything else that "they" agree with me on.
But if I toss a little junk in "your" back yard too....then suddenly I'm a stupid bully....lol.

If you don't want me as a Mod anymore, then fine.
But I think I'd at least ask that you put it up for a "public" vote first.
That way, if I lose the position, then it will have been done fairly, and not just because you are personally butt-hurt.
Maybe if you are going to be an ADMIN....then act like one as well.
Just sayin'....

I've seen some "pro-christian" posts here too...and a video also.
I'm personally very offended by that.
Boo hoo hoo.
I feel like somebody attacked my mother by that.
Please flush it too!

Give me a break...:laugh:

Paladin
08-12-2010, 04:47 PM
...If God is all forgiving how can hell exist?

Actually hell existed before men. Hell was not intended for men. After the work of the Cross, all men were forgiven, justice served. God will not force men to accept his forgiveness. Their acceptance of His forgiveness must be by choice, free will.

If men do not act on His provision to dwell with Him, where's left for them. Hell...

It is a good thing that you challenge these sorts of claims with statements and questions. It means that, at the least, you have some motivation. It is when you quit "poking" that things are at their worst. Poke on...

Paladin
08-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Well...We talk about everything from Bible verses to aliens to demons to DNA to history...If you don't want me as a Mod anymore, then fine...But I think I'd at least ask that you put it up for a "public" vote first...Just sayin'....

Oh sure, ya had to bring up the whole, Bible verses that prove the history of demonic alien DNA thing, didn't ya? Well at last even I'm offended!

Let's have the vote. With regards to keeping this irreverent, if not atheistic agnostic, godless, heathenish, flaming swampdragon on as a moderator; I vote yes.

RJ Shooter
08-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Well, I find your post here quite silly.
And childishly over-sensitive too.
So you are saying that because I have an alternate view than you, then "I'm" the stupid bully and the religious people are the "smart" kids?
lol....grow up.

If you only want a Religious "Issues" forum that only agrees with "your" line of thinking...then change the name of the forum to "Religious People Only" and take the word "issues" out of it completely.
That way, all the religious people can sit here and pat each other on the back and nobody will have any "issues" with it.

If you take the time to actually read here, there have been quite a few good discussions and quite a few interesting points from "all" sides...not just yours.
If you deem that as ZERO VALUE, then I submit that you are reacting here with a personally emotional response rather than from any logical point of view.

My threads seem to generate a LOT of discussion.
We talk about everything from Bible verses to aliens to demons to DNA to history to varying doctrines to belief to disbelief to undecided to completely decided.
The list goes on and on.

Some people here disagree with me.
Some do agree with me.
Some have a different idea altogether completely.
But discussion does flow, and that's the whole point of a forum.

The whole "be sensitive" thing is pretty hypocritical.
I've noticed for years that Admins have no problem at all if I take occasional pot-shots at Muslims or Democrats or Liberals or anything else that "they" agree with me on.
But if I toss a little junk in "your" back yard too....then suddenly I'm a stupid bully....lol.

If you don't want me as a Mod anymore, then fine.
But I think I'd at least ask that you put it up for a "public" vote first.
That way, if I lose the position, then it will have been done fairly, and not just because you are personally butt-hurt.
Maybe if you are going to be an ADMIN....then act like one as well.
Just sayin'....

I've seen some "pro-christian" posts here too...and a video also.
I'm personally very offended by that.
Boo hoo hoo.
Give me a break...The problem is, you belittle with every reply. You are flaming rather than debating. You put your little :laughingtohard::lmao3: icons on anything anyone says.
You're trashing the person with the view, more than the view itself. I just find it curious that a person as areligious as you claim to be, needs to be arguing religion at all? Why do you feel the need to badger people in this forum? According to the rules of this site, you are flaming!

I don't care about anything else you say, but please answer this: If, in just about every thread you post from now own, I start thrashing on your wife, or constantly talk about how close you were to divorce last year, or how I think you're stupid for saying you're a satanist, or that I think your little mustache on your little head is gay, or that I you shouldn't own horses because you think they evolved, or, or, or, or... Wouldn't it start ticking you off? Or make you feel like I'm trolling you? SERIOUSLY?

I'm all for debate and discussion. But when you and your little minions start saying I'm stupid for what I believe, I take it personally. I love being an Apologist and throwing out facts, but you're doing something completely different. This isn't the Roadhouse.

And specifically, I never said I didn't want you as a Mod. I said ACT LIKE ONE! Big difference. A Mod here shouldn't go around making fun of someone because they're a Christian. Now tell me how, enforcing the rules against trolling or flaming, am I not acting like an Admin?

swampdragon
08-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Benny Hinn, his followers, and the rest of that ilk are morons! Plain and Simple!...

Benny Hinn, his followers, and the rest of that ilk now feel that they have been jabbed, provoked and flamed.
That is not allowed up here!

:nono:

:roflmao:

:thud:

Pot calling the kettle what again?

RJ Shooter
08-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Benny Hinn, his followers, and the rest of that ilk now feel that they have been jabbed, provoked and flamed.
That is not allowed up here!

:nono:

:thud:

Pot calling the kettle what again?Well, THEY ARE! :p

What I get upset with, is you painting ALL of we Christians with that broad brush! ;) His followers follow him (Benny), not God.

I'm not labeling you like Pol Pot, Stalin, Marx, Lenin, Hitler and all the other atheist killers out there!!! See the difference?

08-12-2010, 05:36 PM
LOLZ at poor innocent "what me, I'm only trying to have an intelligent conversation" swampdragon.

Benny Hinn is a tool BTW.
If his dog and pony show were real he would be emptying out hospitals rather than putting on his traveling circu$.

swampdragon
08-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Well, THEY ARE! :p

What I get upset with, is you painting ALL of we Christians with that broad brush! ;) His followers follow him (Benny), not God.

I'm not labeling you like Pol Pot, Stalin, Marx, Lenin, Hitler and all the other atheist killers out there!!! See the difference?

You see what I'm saying here though right RJ?

We've gotten along fine for years.
In other threads, I've had you laughing your ass off sometimes.
We only seem to bump heads when it comes to religious topics.
But other than that, there has never been a problem.

In this particular case...yes...I agree with you.
I think Benny Hinn's whole thing is hilariously stupid.
That's why I posted the video.
Then YOU took a shot at 'em too!
:lool:

But when I post something you don't agree with me on, you get angry.
That's all I'm saying.

swampdragon
08-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Swampy, I am a Christian, born again, filled with the Holy Spirit....

...And finally, one of the reasons I stick around GunsNet is because of the open dialog allowed here. About both politics and religion. And for similar reasons. It would be a shame for me to have to move on merely because either was deemed such a "sacred cow" as to have to be censored...

You godless heathen.

Thank you.
I feel the same way...you god-lovin' non-heathen.

swampdragon
08-12-2010, 07:21 PM
LOLZ at poor innocent "what me, I'm only trying to have an intelligent conversation" swampdragon.

Benny Hinn is a tool BTW.
If his dog and pony show were real he would be emptying out hospitals rather than putting on his traveling circu$.

Not entirely true.
I never once claimed anything "intelligent" about any of this at all! lol at poor 308.
But you have to admit I'm bringing some life to a rather dead forum.
:laugh:

I'll post some very sincere PRO-Religious videos too if ya need that.
:preach:

:pray:

:hoo-yeah:

:amen:

RJ Shooter
08-12-2010, 07:24 PM
But when I post something you don't agree with me on, you get angry.
That's all I'm saying.When Benny can make an arm regenerate, or a finger, or a leg, then I'll say "maybe!" ;) He's an insult to my faith.

I'm just asking you to not treat members like they're inferior! When you do this, you're making it something other than a conversation, or a debate - you're making it George Carlin or Bill Maher literally telling anyone that "BELIEVES" that they are stupid and ignorant.

It has nothing to do with not agreeing with you. It has to do with your treatment of anyone disagreeing with you. That's all.

Being laughed at, after knowing what HE has done for me and my life - the amazing pit my loved one were pulled from - it can really light my fuse (and others here)!

aliceinchains
08-12-2010, 07:37 PM
When Benny can make an arm regenerate, or a finger, or a leg, then I'll say "maybe!" ;) He's an insult to my faith.

I'm just asking you to not treat members like they're inferior! When you do this, you're making it something other than a conversation, or a debate - you're making it George Carlin or Bill Maher literally telling anyone that "BELIEVES" that they are stupid and ignorant.

It has nothing to do with not agreeing with you. It has to do with your treatment of anyone disagreeing with you. That's all.

Being laughed at, after knowing what HE has done for me and my life - the amazing pit my loved one were pulled from - it can really light my fuse (and others here)!

Very well said . Amen brother.

swampdragon
08-12-2010, 07:44 PM
You have to honestly ask for forgiveness. Simple as that.

But, will any answer we give satisfy you? Will anything we say change your mind or your belief? Seriously? Other than wanting to know what we think, is there even a reason to ask?

If you're truly wondering why we would believe such a thing, this link does a good job explaining. (LINK (http://www.carm.org/apologetics/evidence-and-answers/loving-god-would-never-send-anyone-hell))

I read your whole link...and I don't really see how it did a good job at all.
Maybe you can shed some light on this?

The whole thing talked about "why" God must punish.
But then it ends up with:

Jesus' sacrifice is the only provision acceptable to God the Father. If you want to escape the eternal judgment of God, you must put your trust in Jesus and what He did on the cross and in nothing else. Without Him, there is no hope of escape on the Day of Judgment. How do you do this? You receive Jesus (John 1:12). You trust in Him alone. You can ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins (John 14:14). Trust Him alone.

So, I submit the questions:

What is the point of the 10 Commandments then?
What is the point of Jesus saying to follow the old laws?
What is the point of Jesus returning later and saying the old laws don't apply any more?
If the old laws don't apply any more, then who cares about the 10 Commandments then?

Going by just that article alone....I could spend my entire life being a complete criminal...but then just before my execution, I could convert...and really mean it...and I'd be saved anyways on Judgment day?
I don't get it.
Is there a time frame of "when" you have to convert and believe?
How can there be if we are already born in sin from day one?

RJ Shooter
08-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Have any kids Swamp?

swampdragon
08-12-2010, 07:57 PM
When Benny can make an arm regenerate, or a finger, or a leg, then I'll say "maybe!" ;) He's an insult to my faith.

Well...in all fairness....I have not seen Jesus or the God you believe in heal any amputees either lately.
In fact, there has been no real medical reports of it for what?....2000 years or so?
Where are they?
Are we wasting all our time on prosthetic limbs for nothing?
Ya see?
Your stance "lights my fuse" too.
So I'd say that fair....

swampdragon
08-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Have any kids Swamp?

Yep.
One.
And a grandson now too.
They are great.
What about you?

Gotta go feed the horses. Back in a few.....

RJ Shooter
08-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Well...in all fairness....I have not seen Jesus or the God you believe in heal any amputees either lately.
In fact, there has been no real medical reports of it for what?....2000 years or so?
Where are they?
Are we wasting all our time on prosthetic limbs for nothing?
Ya see?
Your stance "lights my fuse" too.
So I'd say that fair....Since there's no Biblical bases for limb regeneration, LOL, I don't know where to go from here in this conversation.

RJ Shooter
08-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Yep.
One.
And a grandson now too.
They are great.
What about you?

Gotta go feed the horses. Back in a few.....Two daughters... Two dogs... One horse....

My point being, if your son became a moron, told you he hated you, left and you hadn't talked to him in decades. If one day he decided he was a wrong, said to himself "I need my dad!" Would you accept him back? No matter what he did, was he still your son?

Per the explanation of Jesus Christ's parable of The Prodigal Son, this is my God!

I don't really feel like debating anymore tonight. My life is an extremely happy, extremely productive, extremely satisfying one. But this day of conversation has tired me emotionally...soooooo, until the next! ;)

swampdragon
08-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Oh sure, ya had to bring up the whole, Bible verses that prove the history of demonic alien DNA thing, didn't ya?

I just noticed this post.

swampdragon
08-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Since there's no Biblical bases for limb regeneration, LOL, I don't know where to go from here in this conversation.

Yeah.
Me neither man...:rofl:

swampdragon
08-12-2010, 11:19 PM
My point being, if your son became a moron, told you he hated you, left and you hadn't talked to him in decades. If one day he decided he was a wrong, said to himself "I need my dad!" Would you accept him back? No matter what he did, was he still your son?

I suppose it may depend on what all he did.
I might welcome him back...or...I might nail his ass to a cross and let him hang there for a while.