PDA

View Full Version : EAA Zastava Pap 7.62x39 Anybody Own One

TahoeNeely
03-27-2011, 01:24 PM
I recently purchased this firearm from www.budsgunshop.com, i am curious if anybody owns one or knows anybody who owns one. Or if anybody has customized one of these.
It is a 10round single stack, i know many will ask why would you buy such a gun. But in reality at $370 including shipping the price point could not be beat.:avatar4388_1:

AKTexas
03-27-2011, 01:36 PM
A double stack WASR for 350.00 is a better buy.

Full Otto
03-27-2011, 02:10 PM
this may shed a little light on it
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?4833-Help-please-new-AK-47-Serbia

Wild Bill
03-27-2011, 02:18 PM
Nice rifle.

Dr. Gonzo GED
03-27-2011, 02:41 PM
I'd rather own a Yugo than a Romak. Just saying.

While Cugir of Romania is famous for making a cheap AK that "will get you there", Zastava of Yugoslavia is famous for making the heaviest built comblock rifles you've ever seen.

Kinda considering that PAP actually... :D

AKTexas
03-27-2011, 02:46 PM
I'd rather own a Yugo than a Romak. Just saying.

While Cugir of Romania is famous for making a cheap AK that "will get you there", Zastava of Yugoslavia is famous for making the heaviest built comblock rifles you've ever seen.

Kinda considering that PAP actually... :D

I forgot this was a RPK receiver.

Dr. Gonzo GED
03-27-2011, 02:59 PM
I forgot this was a RPK receiver.
I didn't even notice that. A Yugo with a 1.6mm reciver? That's got to be one of the toughest built AKM's you can find!

romak10/63UF
03-27-2011, 03:29 PM
did some one say ROMAK ? :laughingtohard:

Dr. Gonzo GED
03-27-2011, 04:02 PM
did some one say ROMAK ? :laughingtohard:
Hey don't get me wrong. A ROMAK does the job. Does it just fine, and is as sturdy a piece as any other AKM. (Damn sturdy.)

But they are different. The ROMAK was made with economy in mind. While the Yugo was made with a nuclear holocaust in mind apparently.

TahoeNeely
03-28-2011, 01:34 AM
I recently purchased this firearm from www.budsgunshop.com, i am curious if anybody owns one or knows anybody who owns one. Or if anybody has customized one of these.
It is a 10round single stack, i know many will ask why would you buy such a gun. But in reality at $370 including shipping the price point could not be beat.:avatar4388_1:

Also ive been told that the Wasr-10 single stack magazines will fit i ordered a few and will repost with a answer. Once you can locate them they are 11$ compared to 45$ for the Zastava Mags.

TahoeNeely
04-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Also ive been told that the Wasr-10 single stack magazines will fit i ordered a few and will repost with a answer. Once you can locate them they are 11$ compared to 45$ for the Zastava Mags.

So I got my PAP took it to the range Pretty nice gun. Zeroed out of the box, the 3 extra mags i ordered that were Wasr-10 single stack work good, they may need a little tweeking. The first bullet gets caught then none of the others do. My Pap came with 2 factory mags and i bought 3 wasr10 mags i have to say for $369.00 it is an awesome buy for anybody looking to add a 7.62x39mm to their arsenal.

Full Otto
04-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Could be you just need to keep it at 9 instead of 10. I believe th AR's are like that with only 18 in a 20 and others.
You're up early glad it's working well for you

AK(ELGUAPO)47
07-30-2011, 09:58 AM
So I got my PAP took it to the range Pretty nice gun. Zeroed out of the box, the 3 extra mags i ordered that were Wasr-10 single stack work good, they may need a little tweeking. The first bullet gets caught then none of the others do. My Pap came with 2 factory mags and i bought 3 wasr10 mags i have to say for $369.00 it is an awesome buy for anybody looking to add a 7.62x39mm to their arsenal.

I've just recently ordered one of these guns and it's great! Mine only came with 1 factory mag. Where did you order your wasr mags from?

insider
09-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Can that be milled out to accept a double stack mag?

El Laton Caliente
09-18-2011, 01:34 PM
I'd look at doing the convertion to standard AK mags. IIRC, it needs a feed ramp and the compliance parts and the mag well machined (carefully dremel'd out)... After the convertion you would have the next best thing to a preban Yugo.

Highpower
10-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Picked it up from a friend at work. $500 w/750 rounds of 7.62.

Decided to change it up a bit:

http://highpower.smugmug.com/Other/AK/i-97BSvxz/0/XL/IMG0655-XL.jpg

http://highpower.smugmug.com/Other/AK/i-RqbfZB8/0/XL/IMG0652-XL.jpg

I installed a set of Ironwood furniture and had the mag well machined out. I installed a Tapco FCG for 922r compliance. It is way better made than the WASR I handled.

jcasey89
11-14-2011, 11:47 PM
how easy is it to machine out the magwell to accept double stacked magazines for the pap? i just recently purchased one and the only drawback is that it only accepts single stacked magazines. just curious if anyone knows how easy it is to do and what i would need to do it... i live in oregon btw so i dont think sec. 922r applies but im not sure on the laws i need to double check it.

Full Otto
11-15-2011, 10:57 AM
just curious if anyone knows how easy it is to do and what i would need to do it...

There's a little more to it on those. I haven't done it myself but here's a couple of threads to get you going.

Around post #8 here:
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?6724-converting-single-stack-to-double-stack-on-wasr_10

And from one that turned out really well referenced in the above thread:
http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?13105-Working-on-my-PAP

greeenie
11-15-2011, 09:30 PM
i will be doing this conversion soon, probably make a diy

Infidel
12-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Hey Highpower.Thanks for the info on your build. I wish you had posted this about 4 months ago. I started converting my Zastava, and got the mag well cut out. I couldn't get the double mag to feed. I asked several "Experts" and they said I must have done something wrong. My Zastava still functioned just fine with the singles, so my conversion stalled. Motorcycle season didn't help.
The weather is getting cooler so it was time to re-start. I had a hunch that my bolt needed changed, and called Apex last week to check the width of the pick-up on the bolt. My ah-ha moment! Then, I see this thread. You need to keep this thread going so that others in my former position can benefit from your experience.
OK here it comes! ATTA BOY!!!! :dancing-banana-red-

skydve76
02-03-2012, 06:35 PM
High power can you post links to the parts you used to make that gun? I want to do the same thing.

Also underneath the rubber on the included stock, what screws are in there (phillips or flat)?

Thanks!

KalashniKid
02-03-2012, 09:37 PM
i was checking some of those out, are they really built on rpk receivers? that would be awesome and i would definitely have to pick one up

Highpower
02-04-2012, 10:47 AM
High power can you post links to the parts you used to make that gun? I want to do the same thing.

Also underneath the rubber on the included stock, what screws are in there (phillips or flat)?

Thanks!

Well lets see, The wood is from Ironwood, the bolt, dust cover, and sling came from APEX, I bought the slant brake at a gun show. I can't remember the name of the seller, but the RPK rear sight came from a fellow in Russia. IIRC, the screws are phillips under the buttpad. If you want to thread the muzzle for the brake, I still have the die and guide for sale. Other than that, I would say check out this link for a more complete listing of what I did to this rifle: http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?13105-Working-on-my-PAP

Edited to add; Yes they really are built on RPK receivers, the original M70 AK variant was set up to launch grenades, hence they were built with the thicker receivers to handle the extra stress of grenade launching.

insider
04-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Now available in high cap version-
http://pictures.gunauction.com/2091113608/10958252/img_6412.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg